Zunday Morning Reviews

#5 F. Salamatstreet, Ampid 1, San Mateo Rizal, Manila, Philippines

Allen and his family are so nice! I was supposed to stay for a day in Manilla, i ended up staying a week in the great San Mateo and I hope i can go back there a day! This is the real Manilla you'll discover. Allen is also a great guide and took us to the city, mountain, swimming,... and his house is clearly a home away from home! i felt more at a friend place rather than a hostel. Thanks again Allen ;-)

This place is, without a doubt, the best home/hostel/guesthouse etc I've stayed in all my travels. After all the horror stories you hear about Manila it's refreshing to meet Allen and have him show you the real side of the city. I understand how people can say the location isn't ideal, but San Mateo is far better than the backpacker district - after you experience a city tour with Allen you'll know why. So stay here but contact the hostel first for directions!

It was really feeling at home while travelling. The rooms are very clean and nice with a lovely shower. The terrace on the roof and the garden were a good place to stay after a day. The owner of the guesthouse is a very friendly guy who helps you with everything you want to arrange. I can recommend it!

• 8th Jan 2014

Absolutely gr8 hostel owner, who really help me a lot with a start in the Philippines. My recommendation