Zzzip Guesthouse in Hongdae Reviews

396-41, Seogyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Very helpful and friendly staff as well as a good area! Highly recommend!

• 1st Feb 2016

Jina and Bryan provided a great experience at the zzzip guesthouse. We felt completely taken care of at all times.

• 23rd Jan 2016

The staff were awesome. There was a comforter with no cover and pillow with no cover, makes you wonder how often they're disinfected. But everything was clean overall. Breakfast was toast with pb&j or cereal. Typical but still delicious. I'd definitely stay here again. Safe area for a solo female and close to the metro and anything you might need or want.

We are so happy you had a good time with us and we love to hear your feedback. Hopefully the world class breakfast brings you back!^^ Along with the hostel being cleaned daily, the beds are stripped after someone checks out to clean the sheets, towels, etc. To address the sheeting issue, let's work backwards. We want to avoid someone checking in to a bed that has had another backpackers items spread all over it while the room is half empty. Please don't think it is a negligence issue; it's actually our way of insuring that your sheets are new and fresh before you check in. We hope to see you soon and the clean sheets will be waiting for you!!^^

Very lovely hostel to stay. Bryan and Jina gave me a lot suggestions for tourist, and very helpful.

Jina and Bryan really take this hostel from great to amazing. Super friendly, helpful and hospitable. You couldn't ask for more.

I really only slept here so I can't say a whole lot, but I really appreciate the girls' dorm having its own bathroom and the staff was friendly when I checked in.

• 25th Dec 2015

Staff we're lovely and very helpful. I enjoyed my stay with them. Would just suggest to add on some curtains for the shared dorm rooms.

• 22nd Dec 2015
  • Cook Islands

This Hostel is actually in Hapjeong, which is one station from Hongdae. However, the hostel is in a very neat area as Hapjeong is very up and coming. Hongdae is a short walk if you know where you're going. IT's a great area and the subway is really close to the hostel. The hostel itself is big but the rooms are a bit small. That being said, it's a great value for how much rent for other rooms are in Seoul. Overall great place to stay! Would stay again!

The hosts are super nice and very helpful, especially in recommending places to go and eat

• 9th Dec 2015
  • Hong Kong

Very, very helpful and friendly staff :)

• 5th Dec 2015

I had a lovely stay at Zzzip Hostel - Jina and Bryan gave me a lovely welcome and Jina's knowledge and suggestions of things to see and do was particularly helpful. The hostel is really well located, in a good area with restaurants and shops. The only slight downside was that the bathroom in the female en suite dorm was a bit cramped and cleanliness could have been slightly better. However I had an absolutely great stay and recommend the hostel very highly.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • emilydavis1008045

I give this hostel a big 2 thumbs up. Very nice place with possibly the most helpful staff I have ever encountered. They are very knowledgeable of the surrounding area and can recommend many different places to eat, drink and see. It is positioned in a very convenient location, only a few minutes away from the nearest station. In the surrounding area there are many bars, restaurants and shops.

• 3rd Dec 2015

very nice place! jinah prepared kimcheejeon for us and it was really delicious!

The staff, breakfast and location were all great. Stayed there two weekends in a row and will definitely be back.

Amazing stay! Well-located hostel with excellent staff! Definitely recommendable!

Korean guesthouses are generally clean and quiet. Zzzip is no exception. Just have to get used to the Korean/Asian-style showers: a hose attachment to the sink and no separate shower stall. Everything will get wet. Accept it. The owners are well-traveled and extremely nice and helpful! Great location in Hongdae, as well. Close to the buzz, yet still quiet for sleeping.

One of the best hostels that I have ever been to. It literally makes feel like home. The hosts are so nice and kind that you for real and fo surely come second time. Trust me fellows, you gotta come and feel it yrown!!

• 5th Nov 2015
  • Taiwan

Great! Awesome! Fantastic! Owners are friendly and will make you feel very welcome. Location very convenient if you want to hit the bars.

• 4th Nov 2015

It's clean, comfortable and the staff here are super friendly and helpful with help getting around, and the location is fantastic. There are lots of restaurants, bars and cafes locally and the Hongik uni area is within walking distance. I highly recommend it!

The owner and her husband were very nice and friendly and really helped me out with any questions I had about where to find things in Hongdae. My only real issue was with the bathrooms - Korean bathrooms are usually a little awkward by western standards but these had no dry area to leave clothes and the shower heads were extremely awkwardly positioned and it was impossible to keep the head pointing the right way - quite annoying.

« first « Prev 1 2 3