#bunk taksim Reviews

No: 34 Papa Roncalli Sokak, Elmadag, Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed in room 52 and there was almost no sound insulation between the adjacent room. It might as well have been one room. This was a bit anoying since I am not sure the guests in the next room was aware of the issue. I really liked the roof-top breakfast area and bar. Great spot, especially when travelling alone like I did. Ill be back!

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They make sure all your questions and requested are well answered and taken care of. There was one early morning when I needed to walk to the bus station 5 minutes away from the hostel to catch my flight, and the staff volunteered to walk with me and escort me to the station. As a solo female traveler, I highly appreciate their consideration and help.

Hostel was really nice and clean. Location is good close to metro and taksim square.The atmoshper was really good. Staff was friendly. Good place to stay.Enjoyed it.

Really nice hostle. Everything is pretty new and shiny. Rooms are small, but well equipped. The rooftop terrace is great. Breakfast costs extra but is worth the money. Only thing missing is a kitchen.

Excellent place to stay.

Amazing security (security guard and huge lockers with pincodes) and very clean. Great value for the money. Helpful staff!

• 4th Oct 2014

The hostel is a very new and modern hostel in the beyoglu district of Istanbul. It is pretty far north and therefore requires a lot of walking to get to most of the cool sites. It also a large hostel which means that it lacks the charm and character of a smaller more intimate hostel. However, all of the rooms are very clean and there is plenty of storage space to lock up your luggage. Also, the employees are friendly and can help you find several places nearby for eating and entertainment.

Bunk is close to Taksim, nice atmosphere and the people were very helpful. The only piece I left missing was that they charged extra for breakfast. I stayed at other places in Istanbul which offered free breakfast. Also, the spread was limited for a price of 5 EUROS. I went outside to Taksim Square and found delightful spread of breakfast buffet at just 18 TL which was roughly 6 EUROS. Overall stay not value for money I would stay. Though I appreciate they let me keep my luggage after check-out.

Very nice, clean and well organized hostel. It was like a 4-star hotel, only with bunk beds! Just be aware that it is not the most social, "fun/party" hostel: there is no common room with books and games nor do they organize any tours or pub crawls (yet!), but they have an excellent roof terrence with a bar and restaurant with fair prices.

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Denmark

One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at, it's almost a hotel imho. The terrace on the top floor is amazing! Everything brand new & very clean.

Best hostel I've ever stayed in and the check in staff were just amazing. I even went to the wrong hostel and the people there (at the other Bunk) were so accommodation because I was out of battery power on my phone. Let me charge my phone and offered me tea or coffee. Rooms are so clean, bathroom as well - super spacious. The terrace on the rooftop is SO good. Great location too and not terribly far from Taksim.

Super clean hostel! Beds, room, bathrooms, common areas are all immaculate. There is an excellent roof top bar that makes you never want to leave. The only downside is the location. It is a 700m walk to Taksim square and Istiklal street.

Excellent

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Super clean, comfy beds with duvet comforter, everything is brand new. They even have rainflow style party showers in the washrooms. Great rooftop bar with a real cool, hipster trendy vibe (in a good way). Real social atmosphere. A shame hostel was only half full Staff are very friendly and helpful. Most were students and spoke fluent English. Location:less than 10min walk to taksim and metro. Will stay here again when I return to istanbul

Super clean, it's more of a boutique, shared hotel than a hostel!

Brandnew design-hostel! Feels more like staying at a hotel, only bunk beds indicate you're still in a hostel. Wonderful bar on the roof, check out the sunset there. Can't think of a a single thing to complain about. If you need any information about nightlife in Istanbul, go ask Ozzy the barkeeper.

My only complaint is that I had the unfortunate timing of arriving the same day as a large group of Danish (?) university/ high school students. They made a lot of noise in the hallway at night, which was a bit frustrating. I also think the luggage room needs to be more secure. When I went into to get my bag (and repacked my suitcase, making a lot of noise) no one came to check out what had happened. I found this a bit concerning. Other than that, great hostel!

By far the best hostel I have and ever will stay at.

• 20th Sep 2014

Best hostel I ever stayed in!!! Only thing they could do better is that the lockers dont beep when you open them. Can be extremely annoying when your roommates are earlybirds (and forgot their code) :)

Great hostel! Almost a hotel. My only real complaint is that the doors and lockers beep and buzz so loudly. Any time anyone does something during the night it wakes you. Bit silly but very secure

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7