de Talak Hostel Reviews

14/33 Soi Phaisingtoh,Rama 4 Rd., Klongtei, Klong, Bangkok, Thailand

De Talak was a great hostel. PROS: cheap, quiet, clean, close to MRT station, great food vendors, close to Khlong Toei market, very hospitable, beds have privacy curtains, hot showers, cold a/c, 7/11 nearby, felt very safe, good size personal locker, family friendly, not a party hostel. CONS: not very social, WiFi is horrible. Also, it's located in a very local area, which I enjoyed, but if you're looking for touristy type of nightlife, this is not the place for you. Stayed an extra week!

IT has a kitchen you can cook in! Yay! They have snacks you can buy, but the wifi is not that great on some of the floors. It's far from the tourist area of Bangkok, about 30-45 minutes away. Close to a metro stop, which is great. Beds are not that great, and move with every turn. The steps up to the top bunk hurt my feet they are so thin.

Quite nice hostel, although a bit removed from the most attractive spots of the city although it has good transport connections. Staff was very nice and the rooms were comfortable with a nice area to chill out - and free ice cream! Would recommend.

Awesome hostel, best facilities we had on our whole journey, only the locations is not that good. 40 min with Taxi to Kousan Rd.

First time at a hostel and I am so happy I picked this place, at first the staff seems a little off and rude but the next day I saw the amount of b.s.they take from guest evens then they still shows respect towards me,they helped me iron my turban and helped me order food for delivery. The girls are very pretty and nice once get to know them. My bad part of this isn't the hostel but the country of Thailand, not for me,people are rude and completely ignorance, they makes Americans looks good!

Nice cosy hostel, Away from the troble of the City Center but close to metro and market

• 10th Dec 2015

Wonderful place!! Don't let the ally ways put you off. Inside the building is very clean and has a really home feel. The staff are amazing so helpful and kind. They really go out of there way for you! Will be Dayton here again before flight out of Bangkok

What an amazing hostel! I accidentally booked the day before but she let me stay anyways without extra charges. It's very close to the Metro. They have free delicious ice cream too. Would definitely stay here again!!!!

The hostel is verry clean! Staff really friendly and helpfull they speak verry good English👍

• 1st Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Very clean and well maintained. Not a party hostel. Due to low prices, it attracts some dodgy characters. Be careful.

I really liked this hostel, there were so many amenities! Free water, a curtain around the bed, and the hot water and air conditioning actually worked. Walking distance from the MRT, and an easy transfer to BTS. Also really easy to get here from the airport. I'm definitely staying here next time I go to Bangkok. I've stayed in 4 different hostels here and this one is my favorite.

Stayed here for a conference and the staff were incredible in incorporating so many of us during our stay. Laundry facilities, free water, and free icecream! Cooking space, a couple common spaces and very close to the metro.

I had a great time at the hostel. They even have free ice cream! Would fully recommend staying there!