eHostel Reviews

Rua Pompeu Loureiro, 110, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

My fiancé and I stayed here one night and did not like it at all. We were in a cramped six person dorm with three levels of bunk beds. We were both on the top bunk which had barely enough room to get in below the ceiling. The bathrooms were also extremely small and could have been a lot cleaner. The overall common space was minimal and did not contribute to a fun atmosphere. For the price, I think there are much better options in the area.

Very clean hostel a stone's throw from the beach. Great staff. Good breakfast. Only criticism would be that top (third) bunks had hardly any room to even sit up. But otherwise great. Would definitely stay there again.

I booked this hostel several months ago. Inmediatelly after booking I received an e-mail from the hostel, informing me that the fare has changed and that they will not honor my reservation with the published fare. Since them, We have exchanged dozens of e-mails, trying to get a refund on my reservation. It's has been 8 months now, and I still have not received the refund, despite having sent my information, paypal accounts, credit card #'s, etc, several times.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • Costa Rica

Located just a few blocks from Copacabana beach and easy access to everything. The housekeepers are the nicest women I have met while traveling and work very hard at what they do. My issue was the beds were triple stacked which I didn't read anywhere before booking. The water didn't work for half the day but the AC always worked which is very important in this heat. Small kitchen but you can buy food if need be. The bathroom needed to be cleaned more often.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels