eHostel Reviews

Rua Pompeu Loureiro, 110, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Nice hostel. Very clean. People helpful. Breakfast not too good.

The friendliness of the owners made up for a lot of things.The hostel is relatively new but has a big problem with mold. If some small things would be changed a stay would be a lot more comfortable:Please change the doors of the dorm.It is impossible to shut the quietly!With 12 people going in and out especially at night this is kind of annoying!Breakfast starting at 8.30 is too late!And please tell the cleaning lady that light and noise at 8.30 is too early!!! And open the door when it rings!

• 25th Mar 2013

The problem with this hostel is that they don't have wifi in the rooms, but only in the small lobby area. They have way more beds than the few seats/sofas in the lobby area, so it is a huge draw back for me. Another issue while I was staying there was that they have this movement-sensor light activation installed in bathrooms. But not in the shower area, so when I went to shower in the night and nobody came into the bathroom, the bathroom turned completely dark. That left me quite shocked.

Nice and modern. Avoid the top bunk though. Some of the staff are friendly but others are not. I found it to be mostly clean, could improve but nothing terrible.

We stayed in a 12 person dorm where the bunk beds were 3 beds high!!!!! Absolutely ridiculous!!! The room was absolutely jam packed as there was 12 people in there at once. The showers and toilets were all in one and could be locked from the inside and regular waits for the toilets / showers was expected. Only stayed here one night thankfully. If nothing else is available book here.

Very recomendable fr staying in copacabana, near the metro, beach and good bars around. I would turn off the tv to crate more atmosphere. Perhaps it could be moved to 1st floor and make downstairs a friendlier space. But for sure is a place to recommend, good staff, very clean, amazing breakfast, and nice bar to have a drink before goint out.

The bed are great, the blankets are awesome. The AC may be a lil bit too strong. Two cons: there is no real space for breakfast, since the bar is occupied with food and there's no pshysical space for sitting down and placing a cup. This can be real uncomfortable. Thay rent bikes, but they don't have locks to them. (...)

I'll recommend e Hostel to my friends, because the staff is very friendly! Every morning you have fresh breakfast. When you arrive, you feel immediatly at home. Hope I can go again there in the future! Thanks all the staff for this week!

• 4th Mar 2013

Loved everything : friendly staff, good location, yummy breakfast, awesome carioca atmosphere, nice eco-friendly design, etc

• 2nd Mar 2013

Excellent place! It isn`t a very big hostel so the staff always know all the people and is concerned with them. The place is very pleasant, clean an cosy. Breakfast is great, with fruits, bread, juices, yogurt, and lots of other things. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable! All rooms have air conditioning, that make all the difference! Bathrooms are always clean. The staff speaks english a spanish very well! I just love it and I pretend staying there again!

• 28th Feb 2013

Had a great stay, staff very helpful and friendly. All spoke English very fluently and the hostel itself is comfortable, clean, safe and the social area is really nice

The best accommodation in my 3 months trip in South America. The hostel is new, modern and very clean. The bed in the dorm is probably more comfortable than my own bed at home. The air conditioning in the room made my sleep even more comfortable, it's a must in the hot weather in rio. The staff are also very helpful in enrolling me in tours and getting me taxi. It has a small bar where you can purchase drink from and hang out with fellow travelers. A big LCD tv with ps3 in the lounge is a plus.

This hostel has been the best I ever visited. I know other hostels in Rio, but this one just puts and knocks your off. :))) If I recommend it? Hell yeah!!! :)))

• 26th Feb 2013
  • Hungary

We felt like at home. Each person on the staff treated us wonderfully. Ehostel is a new place, very clean, with an excellent atmosphere and from the first moment we arrived we felt so great and very comfortable. Guillerme, André, Luis, Renata and Gianina became our friends and when we left we feel very sad for not knowing when we would see them again. They have been like our family for ten days. Ehostel was the best decision we made. Now we feel SAUDADE. Love & Light for everyone. Fedex & Jesica

• 25th Feb 2013
  • Argentina

Absolutely loved it here.... the staff are amazing!! Great common area so great to meet people, we were lucky that every one was sound when we stayed. If you want a drink there is no shortage of people willing to join. The only down point is the kitchen is very small so don't try and cook a culinary delight other than that totally recommended. Always try and get the downstairs shower, probably the best shower i have ever had in my life!!

When we arrived and went to our room it wasn't done and had elements of other guests. The guy in the reception in evenings was very gentle, as the woman in the bar for breakfast who brought us a great attention with a smile (she's the best of the hostel).

• 22nd Feb 2013
  • Argentina

Nice hostel, good air con in the rooms and comfortable beds. The top bunk is pretty damn high and close to the ceiling, easy to smash your head. Wasnt much floor space for bags.´ Staff were friendly and helpful.

staff-very helpful bathrooms--2 male toilets for how many people!!???? waste bin overflowing with toliet paper in bathroom--disgusting! make sure not on 3rd level bunk!--can't even sit up in bed--and good luck if you fall out at that height!

Don't stay there if you want to feel comfortable. They put way to many beds in one room and crowd the rooms. You can't even find a place to put your bag in the ground. You literally have to walk on top of bags to get to your bed. I could barely function. Because of how crowded the room was with peoples stuff, they could not clean the floors and there were dead bugs around the bed. Mold growing on the wall by my bed! Place is cramped all around. I couldn't relax there and had to change hostels.

Highly recommended! A new hostel so very clean. Friendly staff. Air conditioned rooms at night so you can be sure of a good sleep. Short walk to both Copacabana and Ipanema beaches. Tours available to be booked through the hostel. Will definitely stay here again if I come back to Rio!

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels