iVAN Hostel Reviews

Petrovsky pereulok, 1/30, apt. 23., Moscow, Russia

I stayed there several times and iVAN is one of the best hostels in Moscow. Good lockers, nice rooms and everything modern. Close to Chekovskaya/Tverskaya metro. It's a nice walk to the Red Square as well as several clubs and bars in the area. A really good place to stay.

iVAN Hostel is run out of two apartments near Chekovskaya metro station. Depending on which dorm you book, you'll stay in one of those two apartments. The location in a very central part of the city, and the street outside the hostel has undergone a giant renovation; there's 2 pedestrian malls now within about 5 minutes walking distance, making for a great atmosphere. The only down side to iVAN is that there's only one toilet and one shower in each apartment, so mornings are a challenge.

I loved staying in this hostel. The location is fantastic and the staff super nice and friendly. So good chatting with them! Will definitely come back next time I visit Moscow!

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Somehow we managed to not have too much trouble with only 1 shower and toilet shared between around 8 people in the part of the hostel we were staying in. The location was fairly good being a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro and 20 minutes to Red Square. Overall, a great experience!

very clean and comfortable hostel

I wish I could have stayed in Moscow for longer! I was there only for a day but Cristina and Eugene offered me a lot of help and they are simply very kind and friendly! The room I was staying and common areas are very clean so it was very comfortable to stay there! Thank you for everything and I will probably be back someday! :-)

Perfect place to stay in Moscow. Helpful staff, clean and new place. Recommended!

The hostel is a small apartment near city center, the staff is friendly, Thanks Kristina ! I'll be back in the next year !! Be sure...

The use of a shoe rack would be a touch better order when you enter the apartment. For the rest, great atmosphere, friendly and helpful. Really good

Good staff, friendly travellers made for a nice stay.

• 16th Aug 2014

Really good hostel, amazing location, clean, with everything you need. It is not a fun party hostel, but that was exactly what I was looking for. Really nice staff

Total experience was wonderful. Thank you.

• 5th Aug 2014

All staffs are great and they happy to provide all info as possible. When staffs are free, we can hang out with them and go out also. Butstiik waiting for my chocolate. Haha. Of coz I had good time.

Staff, Christina is very friendly and helpful. With individual big locker. With lift for big luggage. Clean and comfort. WIth good kitchen and well equipped utensils. Near a lot of theatres.

Good place to sleep in the centre of Moscow. Unfortunately not too much common area but beside that ok. Really cool receptionists around both apartments. Happy to help you out and to have some fun together :)

Located about 20 min walk from the Kremlin but with a metro nearby. Just the one bathroom and one toilet but isn't a huge hostel. Free wifi and coffee in the morning. Very helpful staff.

Igor was amazingly helpful throughout our stay. Genuine, friendly, he really wanted us to feel comfortable and was on hand for any questions about Moscow we might have. He was even willing to help us book a few train tickets on Russian websites to help us save a few dollars...... his perfect English certainly assisted with this as well. Highly recommend a stay, we had one of the private rooms which was great.

• 16th Jul 2014

I really love this place. Everything was perfect. Anna Soboleva

The staff I encountered were all great (Rajanna, Kristina, & Eugene) as they all helped me with various items & getting acquainted with the hostel. You couldn't ask for a better staff - their English and personalities were great. Also, the location was ideal, as you can walk 15 min to the red square and 5 min to Kamergersky St. (a pedestrian-only street with bars, cafes, and restaurants). Strong WiFi. Stayed in the 2nd location next door. Only 1 shower & 1 bathroom, but they're separate & clean.

• 31st May 2014