ibis budget Hotel Glasgow Reviews

2A Springfield Quay, Glasgow, Scotland

The room was far too hot and the fan wasn't working. The window was locked to only open an inch or so so it was impossible to cool it down by opening the window. The bunk bed in our room was not made. A kettle in the room would have been nice. The most important thing (all the others I could've lived with as it's a very cheap hotel) is that I was charged twice for my stay and it took 9 days for it to be refunded. Being 40ish pounds short on a trip abroad is very stressful.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Sweden

Great room, Very comfortable and clean. A bit far from the city centre, making walking into town a trek if attempted.

Considering the options in Glasgow, I think this was a good one, although is a bit far away from the city centre.

I love coming here! I have been going to a lot of concerts and this place is so handy, I will always be coming back, and I will be bookin again very soon x

• 25th Jun 2014

Nice room, free wifi, 20 minutes walking distance from central station, parking right next to it and view of the river

Ibis is a really great budget hotel. The rooms were small, but everyone was very friendly and its a great spot for pickup for a lot of the tour companies, which is awesome. Also, go to Nando's chicken across the street. So good.

The Ibis budget hotel, as the name says, is a budget hotel. We had issues with the wifi, and the location is not perfect. However, the rooms are clean, the price is cheap, and the staff was very generous. Overall experience was good, could not really complain.

Rooms were really nice, but I found it very odd that it was at the back of a parking lot in a loop that was rather difficult to escape (as backpackers). And reception was on the 6th floor, which makes the layout even weirder. The inside is definitely nicer than the outside.

This shouldn't be called a budget hotel. I think I over payed for what "amenities" they had. The wifi was awful, and extra almost £5 for breakfast each morning (essentially tea/coffee and your choice of carbohydrate) thankfully there was a Tesco down the road so I got food there to make my own breakfasts. I'd say stay in a nicer place near George square where the staff are more helpful.

Great clean place. Staff very helpful would def stay again

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Paying £80 a night for a double room was an extremely high price to pay for a room where the, if you can call it a mattress, was on a piece of wood so was extremely uncomfortable. On the up side it was a good location and the staff was great. But having 2 sleepless nights was not worth the price I paid.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Scotland

You dont mop floors in rooms at all. When we saw that cleaner is just using dry mop (no hoover) we ask to mop it she was shocked and she toke mop AND SPRAY!!!!! THIS WAY U WILL NEVER GET clean it. Also on the day we arrived we have been served by some ignorant who instead of trying to help us just charge us. He have been rude to other client. Will definitely not use ur hotel any more. In any of city we traveling.

• 19th May 2014
  • Poland

good for a short stay.

Room stank of smoke of which was slightly annoying given I'm asthmatic however was expected given cheap price. Located on a retail park of which was handy for going to places/grabbing food and was a close enough walk to the SSE Hydro (the reason I booked the room in the first place). Staff friendly but probably worth paying slightly more for a nicer place - sorry!

• 22nd Mar 2014

Overall this was a good place to stay for what we were looking for. The room was clean and tidy but did smell like stale smoke. The beds were comfortable and it was a good location for what we needed.

Blind drunks running and screaming around at all hrs of the night , and I'm sure the place used to be an old hospital or mad house ... The worst hotel I have ever stayed in and i've stayed in a few horrible ones believe you me .

• 8th Mar 2014