mate! Reviews

Alvear 396, Cordoba, Argentina

Thank you guys!

We had to leave to the airport at 6 in the morning and they told us they would leave a breakfast for us in the kitchen and when we got up in the morning turned out they didnt do it and we had to leave without breakfast.. really disappointing.. either dont offer it or do like you promised! Also it was really loud at night! Sounded like there was a club right next to the hostel so many people and cars on the street at 5 am and the window didnt keep the sound outside at all! We hardly slept...

• 8th Mar 2014

An excellent cheap option, the bedrooms and bathrooms were clean (although limited bathrooms!). The hostel is a little tired but has everything you need and for the price its great. Decent breakfast and helpful staff.

Probably not the best in Cordoba but for this price it's totally correct. The hostel is confortable, I liked the living room the patio and the breakfast is served until late. Pablo and his staff are really nice, it's the type of hostel relax with not the many rules everywhere! you definitely can feel "la buena onda" The dorm need to be clean.. Otherwise enjoyed my stay and will come back if I pass again in Cordoba.

We stayed at this hostel for 3 nights, great people, amazing staff and very good atmosphere! Highly recommended! There's cereal and alfajores at breakfast...

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Israel

At this hostel you get an amazing value for money! The staff is so friendly and helpful, and the hostel has everything you need. We really enjoyed our stay!

Excelente Atención, y calidad de servicio. muy buen precio, agradable ambiente y seguro.

• 13th Feb 2014
  • Argentina

Great hostel, great staff! Really great wi-fi!

We only stayed one night so it did the job, but wouldn't recommend for a long stay, great if your just passing through.

We really had a very great time at mate! and we would have spent more time there if we could. Thank you guys for everything, I will definitely come back next time I will visit the beautiful Argentina!

Stay at this hostel! We had such a great time staying at mate! Our host Javier and his other staff went out of their way to make us happy, comfortable, and to make certain we had a good time in Cordoba. The hostel is kept nice and clean by the staff, and the only time it was messy was due to other guests. It's a very chilled, easy going hostel, which seems to attract friendly people. Javier and team gave us great tips for seeing Cordoba. We loved using e projector too.

We stayed in a privat room. The stay was ok. Had a feeling of a bachleor pad. Maybe the hostel is more appealing for younger people. Plus for the fan in our room.

• 30th Dec 2013
  • Sweden

Stayed in the double which was a really nice room however it was very noisy at night as the window is onto a busy street. Location was about a ten minute walk from the centre but very close to the mercado. Staff and atmosphere were ok, not the best I've experienced however

Great atmosphere and great staff! There was to few bathrooms compared to the number of people staying there, and you had to provide your own towel. The bathrooms was not very clean, but I guess that has something to do with the number of people using them. The rooms were okay and the common area was very good.

che javi¡¡¡ gracias para todo nunca voy a olvidar el tiempo ahi. lo paso rebueno. me gusta mucho el hostel tuyo. I really enjoyed my stay there the place is really clean. the owner is an amazing guy and the accomodations are perfect.

• 6th Dec 2013
  • Switzerland

the hostel is highly recommendable and affordable for everyone. the staff is very friendly and helped me with everything. the internet is fast and the showers are comfortable and hot water is always available. there is also good offer for skydiving. as well the breakfast is delicious and has a rich variety. last but not least there is a possibility to make BBQ every day. as I said it's highly recommendable and I enjoyed my time there a lot¡¡¡¡

• 2nd Dec 2013

Great Hostel. I was going to stay here only 4 night but i ended up staying over a week. Centraly located, awesome staff very helpfull and great great BBQs! Would go here again for sure!

• 27th Nov 2013

Great location in centeral cordoba, atmosphere was pretty subdued whilst i was there but not unfriendly.

I had the most wonderful stay there, the facilities are great, we cooked on the well furnished kitchen, played pool, guitar, and watched movies with projector. Cosy and super clean place. The staff is so friendly especially John and his fabulous cooking! I had a great time and felt home there. The only flaw was the 8 bedrooms dorm, a bit too small and no enough lockers. But forget it, this place is so cool! One of the best place Ive stayed in in my whole travel.

Mate hostel is situated on the second floor which is great for security. Location to the main plaza is within 10 mins which is handy. The place had a good vibe and had a lived in feel, it probably could have done with a spruce up but it does the trick. It's reasonably priced and the staff are very helpful.