smartcityhostels Edinburgh Reviews

50 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Despite my key card didn't work my last day before my check out, all rest was awesome. Excellent stay!

The wifi was inconsistent in the rooms. The hostel common room is a bar which is fine until it would get really crowded with students in the evening. It would be nice if there was a separate space just for people staying in the hostel who don't necessarily want to be drinking etc...

Awesome loxation with gd facilities at gd price. Recommended.

Smart City Hostel Edinburgh is an excellent accommodation option for the budget conscious traveller. Excellent facilities. Licensed bar and smoking terraces. Refreshing, dynamic vibe. The free wi-fi is quite slow and unpredictable, but high-speed broadband can be access for a fee. I would definitely stay at Smart City again. Perfect hostel experience for the more discerning traveller.

Really good hostel! I only spent one night, but worth it. Only comments is that Wifi need to be improved (really slow, only if you pay you can get a better one...). Heating was not on that night, and it was a bit chilly, but manageable. All in all, I like the atmosphere, and the room (I was in a 6bed room, but all for myself!) was really clean.

This was the secund time that I stay in this hostel and I will recommend it to friends. Thanks

This is the second time I have used this smartcityhostel and was delighted with my stay, although was colder at night and having an extra blanket available would certainly of helped!! All the staff I met staff were super efficient, extremely helpful and most welcoming, nothing was a problem, and their tourist information was spot on. I would and will recommend this hostel to all my friends and family and anyone I hear visiting Edinburgh without hesitation, have already booked my next stay.

• 29th Oct 2014