smartcityhostels Edinburgh Reviews

50 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Awesome loxation with gd facilities at gd price. Recommended.

Smart City Hostel Edinburgh is an excellent accommodation option for the budget conscious traveller. Excellent facilities. Licensed bar and smoking terraces. Refreshing, dynamic vibe. The free wi-fi is quite slow and unpredictable, but high-speed broadband can be access for a fee. I would definitely stay at Smart City again. Perfect hostel experience for the more discerning traveller.

Really good hostel! I only spent one night, but worth it. Only comments is that Wifi need to be improved (really slow, only if you pay you can get a better one...). Heating was not on that night, and it was a bit chilly, but manageable. All in all, I like the atmosphere, and the room (I was in a 6bed room, but all for myself!) was really clean.

This was the secund time that I stay in this hostel and I will recommend it to friends. Thanks

This is the second time I have used this smartcityhostel and was delighted with my stay, although was colder at night and having an extra blanket available would certainly of helped!! All the staff I met staff were super efficient, extremely helpful and most welcoming, nothing was a problem, and their tourist information was spot on. I would and will recommend this hostel to all my friends and family and anyone I hear visiting Edinburgh without hesitation, have already booked my next stay.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Had a great time in Edinburgh over weekend. Found a great pub too, 'The Royal Oak', just a stone's throw from Hostel...excellent! Facilities are very good, and a good breakfast for just an extra £5, you couldn't go wrong! - Padraig, Dublin, Ireland

• 24th Oct 2014