smartcityhostels Edinburgh Reviews

50 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Good location. Bathroom was not cleaned once overt my stay. Bathroom was so filthy when I came in with stains and human remains everywhere. Was so disgusting. I advised reception but it was still not cleaned. No real communal chill out areas other than the bar. Not great for a solo traveller.

Really nice youth hostel, clean private common bathroom. Clean usefull kitchen. A little noisy till midnight, we needed to close the windows.

Place is ideally located for pretty much everything, bar is nice and cheap and has a decent selection of beers and snack food. Our room was directly above courtyard area and could get quite loud at times but other than that can't really fault the place.

• 6th Jun 2015

One staff was so cold. Bed really squeaky. WiFi slow in the room. But overall, good value of money considering its price.

Lovely staff, smiling n friendly/helpful. The hot showers are amazing, and I like that there are clothes washing facilities!!! Maybe the bar/restaurant could better cater for vegetarians?!

Good place. The only place to get wifi that worked was the bar though. It can be annoying when you just want to be in bed at the end of the day and hang out on the internet. I did enjoy the 1pound coffee that they had, great cheap option to get a caffeine fix. They did have a few issues in my room with people in the wrong beds or double booking the beds. Always worked out because it isn't the busy season but could be bad in August. Still, GREAT hostel especially considering I spent a week there.

• 12th May 2015

This was my first time at a hostel but I was very pleased with the experience! The beds were solid and didn't shake and the rooms clean and decently sized! I had adequate room for my backpack in the locker and the locks were cheap! It was a little noisy at night but that was expected being next to the bar. I loved the location! We could walk everywhere! I would absolutely stay here again if I come back to Edinburgh!

• 9th May 2015

The location is really good - just off the royal mile. athe staff is friendly and our 2-Bed private was clean, Deninately a place to stay again so a big thumbs up for the hosstel from Germany!

It was an okay hostel. Very clean with nice facilities.

Despite my key card didn't work my last day before my check out, all rest was awesome. Excellent stay!

The wifi was inconsistent in the rooms. The hostel common room is a bar which is fine until it would get really crowded with students in the evening. It would be nice if there was a separate space just for people staying in the hostel who don't necessarily want to be drinking etc...

Awesome loxation with gd facilities at gd price. Recommended.

Smart City Hostel Edinburgh is an excellent accommodation option for the budget conscious traveller. Excellent facilities. Licensed bar and smoking terraces. Refreshing, dynamic vibe. The free wi-fi is quite slow and unpredictable, but high-speed broadband can be access for a fee. I would definitely stay at Smart City again. Perfect hostel experience for the more discerning traveller.

Really good hostel! I only spent one night, but worth it. Only comments is that Wifi need to be improved (really slow, only if you pay you can get a better one...). Heating was not on that night, and it was a bit chilly, but manageable. All in all, I like the atmosphere, and the room (I was in a 6bed room, but all for myself!) was really clean.

This was the secund time that I stay in this hostel and I will recommend it to friends. Thanks

This is the second time I have used this smartcityhostel and was delighted with my stay, although was colder at night and having an extra blanket available would certainly of helped!! All the staff I met staff were super efficient, extremely helpful and most welcoming, nothing was a problem, and their tourist information was spot on. I would and will recommend this hostel to all my friends and family and anyone I hear visiting Edinburgh without hesitation, have already booked my next stay.

• 29th Oct 2014
  • Scotland

Had a great time in Edinburgh over weekend. Found a great pub too, 'The Royal Oak', just a stone's throw from Hostel...excellent! Facilities are very good, and a good breakfast for just an extra £5, you couldn't go wrong! - Padraig, Dublin, Ireland

• 24th Oct 2014

Location is perfect. Staff is OK for check in/out but dont expect more like advice for a place to eat. Not clean enough even if it was OK. Wifi doesn't work. Very noisy from the street but that's quite normal according to the location but also very noisy from the inside with people shouting all night. This is the kind of "old teenagers and early twenties going out and drinking youth hostel". Price is correct for the accommodation.

excellent location; very good value for money; great breakfast

• 30th Aug 2014

The staff was kind and helpful. The Hostel was one of the best I ve stayed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7