the Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 341 Total Reviews

• USA, All Female Group, 25-30
6th Aug 2017

It's cool. Off the beaten path, I'd stay there again but in a different room. Bed was too hard. Food was good. Whole place was very clean. Downside: when we got there, he said we had booked a tent on the roof in monsoon season instead of a private room. Guess Hostelworld showed us the lowest rate. So we upgraded. Not hostel's fault.... I hope. Just heads up to verify when you book.

• Australia, Male, 18-24
23rd Jun 2017
3.7

I don't like giving negative reviews but i wasn't impressed with his hostel. I left some things in storage and some expensive equipment went missing. Rooms were a mattress on the floor and the rooms were too hot with lots of mosquitos. DO NOT order food here; they take like 2 hours for a basic burger and don't care that you've just got off a plane and are starving. Guests were loud asf and just got drunk all day. The owner is lovely but i think his staff need to get their act together.

16th Jun 2017

Great spot to meet other travelers in Nepal, friendly helpful staff, and good base to pursue other activities in the country. I left my bag here in their locked storage room while I went trekking.

• liv_d-s6468
  • New Zealand, Female, 18-24
15th May 2017

I stayed here 4 nights before I went trekking and enjoyed it so much that I stayed again for another week afterwards. Everyone you meet here, whether the staff, owners or other travellers is what makes this place special. It's a super relaxing environment, with great food available most of the day. No lockers but that wasn't a problem for me at all. If you need assistance with anything they are only too willing to help. Can't wait til my next stay in Nepal so I can come back to the Turtle

• England, Male, 25-30
2nd May 2017

Awesome staff, relaxed atmosphere, nice location, I definitely strongly recommend this place!

• England, Couple, 18-24
27th Apr 2017
8.0

We were very happy with our experience at the Sparkling Turtle, the staff were all really friendly and the food was great. The portion sizes were good, but just watch out for the additional taxes. The location is good if you want a bit of break from the busier streets of the city and the view from the rooftop is lovely. We felt very welcome and the atmosphere was nice. Just note that they do run a trekking & tour company from the Hostel. Overall we would definitely recommend this Hostel.

• USA, All Male Group, 18-24
11th Apr 2017

Amazing staff. Amazing food. Amazing accomodation. Everyone went out of their way to make sure my friends and I had an amazing time.

• England, Couple, 25-30
10th Apr 2017

We loved our stay at the sparkling turtle hostel! We stayed for 4 days before trekking and a few days after. The staff and owner really give a personal touch and make you feel so welcome - we really recommend a stay here :)

• Denmark, Female, 31-40
8th Apr 2017
6.9

Great value for money and much more calm and quiet than places near the center. A bit to far from Thamel to walk more than once a day, and the area around the hostel is not very interesting. Staff was generally friendly though some also a bit too friendly for my taste. Also a lot of joint-smoking in the common area by both staff and guest.

5th Apr 2017
7.7

I did really enjoy this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful and everything was clean. But there were no locks on the dorm doors and no lockers. I knew going into this place that it was far away, but it is about a 40 minute walk to the shopping, bars, and restaurants in Thamel.

×