the Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Swoyambhu -15, Kimdole Kathmandu, Buddha Park, Kathmandu, Nepal

Great stay the guys are all fun as! Being by the Monkey Temple at Budda Park is great in the morning and you can go,see the sunrise :) Also it's quiet at night not like busy Thamel and only $3 in a cab to there.

• 9th Apr 2014

Very very very good place. Only 30 mins walking from Thamel and it is nice that it is in a less touristy area. The area itself is really hood. Amazing staff and cool people staying here. Only minus was that the toilet needed cleaning but other than that 100% good

Nice location (~5 mins walk) near Swayambhunath (monkey temple). You wake up hearing the morning chants from the near by temple, but the evenings are quiet. The atmosphere in the lounge area was quite good. This depends on the other guests, but the staff were happy to chat and mingle too. Plenty of room. 24/7 internet and power in the lounge. 75 RS / kg for laundry. They can look after your luggage too. Couldn't get the hot water working though.

actually a really cool place with a perfect location since it's not in the busy sector of Tham,el. BUT the concept of hostel is not yet understood by the management. prices are too high, plus specifically one person is even pushing you to buy stuff, being very unfriendly generally. Also rooms and toilets should be cleaned on a more regular basis if better ratings are expected. this hostel could be really successful, if this manager (that's what he calls him) would be replaced.K.P. think about it

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your time and review. Yes had bit of staff management problem at that time but now is all done so we have active cleaner and one of the owner we give full time at the hostel to be a manager. We already see the changed since few weeks. Once again Thank you so much. The Sparkling Turtle Hostel.

The hostel was ok and the staff in general was quite friendly, but still the hostel is quite cold in atmosphere and literally, in winter it´s freeze inside rooms and restaurant. When I stayed there was never hot water, and in cold days of january that can be pretty bad. I would say staff is the best the place can offer, but there are plenty of things to be improved. Besides that, I enjoyed my stay there.

Dear Guest, thank you for the Review. Yes its cold in Kathmandu in the winter time we do serve Blanket. We noticed that you leave the door and window open thats why it was so cold. Sorry that you had bad impression we guess you didn't explore our facilities as you only stayed one night by arriving mid night and check out early morning. Anyway thanks for the feed back we will do our best to improve things even more. The Sparkling Turtle Hostel

really good hostel , nice people, the care about their guests also the place is perfect, confortables beds, also is a nice place to meet more travelers.

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Colombia

It's a great hostel, in a very nice location near the monkey temple. The staff is great and the good thing is that it is a real hostel and you get to meet a lot of other travellers!

The Sparkling Turtle was my home for the 3 months I was in Nepal. I used Kathmandu as my home base for exploring the country, and every time I was back in the city I stayed at this hostel. I stayed in a number of different rooms, and they were all clean, comfortable, and safe. The staff is awesome and Mote's food is way better than your average hostel fare. I met so many new friends and am so glad I picked the Sparkling Turtle. It was great being outside Thamel, too. Thanks so much again! Hilary

• 7th Nov 2013

Very friendly staff. Quiet neighbourhood, nice location next to Monkey Temple.

• 28th Oct 2013

I had an excellent stay at the sparkling turtle. It was not in Thamel so no busy crowds. The atmosfere was great also in the hostel. Very relaxed!

• 27th Oct 2013

As long as you remember that you're in Nepal, you'll love this hostel. Rough around the edges, but the service is exceptional and the food is great, they even give you a free (small) breakfast! You probably wlll be woken up by something that sounds like a monk's health fitness camp with some guy bellowing / laughing on a loudspeaker in the distance early in the morning.

Nice place, super friendly and helpful staff

• 21st Oct 2013
  • Argentina

i had booked a car with them to pick me up at the airport and they didnt turn up...when i got there they couldnt find me on the reservation list.. (they were very disorganized) and i had booked into a 4 female dorm and they had me in a room with a man.. so they had to shuffle people....the showers were cold and the internet was going on off....thats what you get for $4 a night... location was good to the money temple.. during the night there was a dog locked up and barked all night...