the Sparkling Turtle Backpackers Hostel Reviews

Swoyambhu -15, Kimdole Kathmandu, Buddha Park, Kathmandu, Nepal

The Staff is more than Excellent. They offer very good service with a very human, familiar and friendly treatment. Many thanks to Ganesh, Narayan and the Lady. I have spent more time with Ganesh and I can say that he is an excellent worker and an excellent person. I have spent less time with Narayan and the Lady but I think the same also. They are a very good team, they work very well together.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Spain

The Sparkling Turtle is a great place to stay if you want to be slightly out of the city center. It sits in the hills next to the Monkey Temple and a monastery. It is a peaceful environment with great staff and is kept pretty clean. Enjoyable stay would stay at the Sparkling Turtle again.

• 26th Jun 2014

I did not stay here I just went to see the place. For the money the place is excellent to stay but for me a bit far from Thamel.

No taxi drivers knows the hostel, so keep their phone number, so they can give directions to the driver:) Bring toiletpaper and soap, cause there's usually not enough in the bathrooms! Bathrooms aren't the cleanest, but ok! Best hostel I stayed at in Nepal anyway! Great atmosphere to meet other travellers,and super-friendly staff! Always smiling, and very helpful with everything you need:) There's a reason others and myself keep going back inbetween trips! Cheap, and you feel at home:) Go there!

We had a very enjoyable stay at Sparkling Turtle hostel. The meal we had was excellent and the staff were very friendly. KP (owner) brought us on a day tour of the city and arranged the majority of our week. He continued to be most helpful after our stay arranging many other activities, flights, bus transfers etc. Excellent service!!

• 18th Apr 2014

Great stay the guys are all fun as! Being by the Monkey Temple at Budda Park is great in the morning and you can go,see the sunrise :) Also it's quiet at night not like busy Thamel and only $3 in a cab to there.

• 9th Apr 2014

A little on the average side. This is bare minimum back packing I.e. It's the cheapst for a reason. Staff are nice but I would recommend you stay in Thamel which is the heart of the tourist and sight seeig district as there aren't many options near by.

Very very very good place. Only 30 mins walking from Thamel and it is nice that it is in a less touristy area. The area itself is really hood. Amazing staff and cool people staying here. Only minus was that the toilet needed cleaning but other than that 100% good

Nice location (~5 mins walk) near Swayambhunath (monkey temple). You wake up hearing the morning chants from the near by temple, but the evenings are quiet. The atmosphere in the lounge area was quite good. This depends on the other guests, but the staff were happy to chat and mingle too. Plenty of room. 24/7 internet and power in the lounge. 75 RS / kg for laundry. They can look after your luggage too. Couldn't get the hot water working though.