Summary Booking Terms & Conditions
These are the terms and conditions that govern all bookings made on this website. All references to "We", "Us" or "Our" in these terms refer to the operator of this website, which is ultimately owned by Hostelworld.com Ltd
Our Terms, Conditions and Notices.
If you do not accept the Terms, do not use this website and do not make a booking via the website.
Here is a summary of the key Terms.
For the full version - click here
- Who provides the travel services? We facilitate the processing and booking of accommodation and other travel services (the "travel services"). We do not provide, own or run any travel services ourselves and in particular we do not provide, own or run any accommodation. Any listings or rankings on this Website should not be taken as an endorsement or recommendation of any particular accommodation or services by us.
- We collect the deposit on behalf of the travel services provider. When you make a booking on this website you will be required to pay a deposit which we collect as agent for and on behalf of the relevant travel services provider. The travel services provider will deduct the amount of this deposit from the total charge for the booking and you will pay the balance directly to the travel services provider on arrival.
- We also ask you to pay a booking fee. You will also be required to pay a booking fee to us when you make a booking.
- Why choose Standard Flexible Booking? If you choose Standard Flexible Booking when making your booking you will be charged a small fee and, in return, if you later decide to cancel your booking, your deposit cannot be refunded as cash but will be credited back to your My World account in US Dollars (provided you have given the period of notice required by the travel services provider, for which please see its terms) and you will be able to re-use that credited amount for future bookings on our site for a period of 6 months on and from the cancellation date. YOUR BOOKING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- What happens if you choose Non-Flexible Booking? If you choose to make a Non-Flexible Booking and you cancel your booking then, regardless of how much notice you give, DEPOSITS AND BOOKING FEES WILL BE NON-REFUNDABLE. If you don't select a flexible booking option, your booking will be considered to be a Non-Flexible Booking. Non-flexible booking customers should note that, even though your deposit and booking fee will be non-refundable in any event, you must give the amount of notice stipulated by the travel services provider in its cancellation policy in order to avoid being charged an additional payment for a "no show" (see below).
- If you selected neither the Standard Flexible Booking option nor the Non-Flexible Booking option, your booking will automatically be deemed a Non-Flexible Booking.
- Sometimes we have to convert the currency that you pay in. The deposit and the booking fee that you pay will be payable in the currency that you select as your "settlement currency" when making your booking. Where the accommodation price was uploaded by the travel services provider in a different currency, the deposit amount that you will be charged in your settlement currency will be calculated by converting the deposit price into your settlement currency using Hostelworld’s standard exchange rates.
- How to cancel your booking. You may cancel any booking that you make provided that you give the requisite period of notice set out in the travel services provider's cancellation policy (please see its terms and conditions for details) and, in any event, provided that you give at least 24 hours' notice prior to the time and date of your scheduled arrival. Please cancel via your "My Account" by logging in at www.hostelworld.com.
- Charges for "no-show". In the event of a no-show without 24 hours' notice of cancellation (or more, where required by the travel services provider's cancellation policy in its Terms and Conditions), the travel services provider has the right to charge your credit card for the first night's stay (where you have booked accommodation) or for the full price of the tour or other travel service . You should check the travel services provider's own terms and conditions for full details of their cancellation policy.
- We act as agent for the travel services provider – what does that mean? When you make a booking on the website, your contract for travel services (including accommodation) is with the travel services provider, NOT our website, which is acting as agent for the travel services provider. It is the travel services provider's responsibility to provide you with the travel services. We are not responsible for the fulfillment of any booking made through our website or for the quality of any accommodation or any other travel services that are booked and in particular we are not responsible for any difficulty, accident, illness or any other problem which is caused by the accommodation or other travel services or which is suffered by you or any of your party during your stay at the accommodation (and we recommend that you check the travel services provider's own Terms and Conditions for details of your rights in relation to the services they provide).
- Who to contact if there is a problem with your accommodation. In the event of a problem arising with your accommodation, you should contact the travel services provider. If you have a problem with the booking that you have made via our website, please contact us directly via email@example.com.
- The limits of our liability to you. Our maximum aggregate liability to you (and any other party that has an interest in the booking) in relation to any booking made through us (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) shall be limited solely to the value of the booking fee that has been paid for that booking.
- How we calculate our ratings. Ratings shown on the website are based partly on the feedback of people who have booked and experienced the relevant travel services or have stayed in the relevant accommodation and partly on other factors such as the information with which we are supplied by the travel services providers (for example, the details of the facilities available at each hostel). We take no responsibility for the feedback or the opinions expressed by the people who have stayed in the relevant accommodation nor are we liable for the accuracy of the information that we receive from travel services providers.