Reviews: knizick

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 29

Sevilla Hostel One Centro

Seville, Spain

Uno de los mejores hosteles de mi vida. Buena ubicación, empleos muy agradables y ayudantes. Es muy facíl conocer otros viajeros porque tienen noches de sangria y de cenas gratis! Es un hostel MUY limpio, y nuestra habitación tiene un baño ensuite. One of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. Great location, staff is very friendly and helpful. It's very easy to meet other travelers because of the free sangria and dinner nights! It's a very clean hostel, and our room even had an ensuite bathroom

St. Christopher's is a nice big hostel with a cool common area/bar on the ground floor for hanging out. I stayed in a spacious 4-bed dorm room on the top floor. The location is good in the sense of being close to transportation, but it isn't really in the area that has the most attractions. The clientele is almost strictly from the English-speaking countries for whatever reason, so if you come to France to practice French, it's not ideal, but to meet other anglophones it is therefore great.

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great character to this hostel with a very central location and a nice setup in the 6-bed dorm where I stayed. Surprisingly quiet street at night considering how central it is and how much is going on in the communal areas of the hostel on the ground floor. Slept very well!

Santa Mix Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The Santa Mix Hostel experience was one of the best hostel experiences ever! This is a staff that really creates a community atmosphere. They seek out and find a really cool event each night for us, show us around, introduce us to the locals, jam in the basement, and treat you like family. I stayed 3 extra nights! Even after I left, I'm hearing from them to come for another visit to the Santa Mix family. Thanks to Nick, Carolina, Jorge, Thor, Diego, Lucia, gato macaco, everyone at SMH!

K's House Mt.Fuji

Mount Fuji, Japan

Probably the best hostel out of three total that we stayed in during a week in Japan. The pickup and dropoff service is great, the staff is friendly, and the facilities such as the common area, kitchen, and bathrooms are all modern and working well. I wish I had been able to stay at K's House in Kyoto and Tokyo, too, if this is how the K's house chain of hostels is run everywhere!

Great location in the city center of Kyoto. Great staff members very willing to help with all sorts of information. Rooms are kind of small, but when you see how central Kyoto buildings are built, this is clearly the norm. The common room had ample space for when you needed room to cook, eat, use the computer, or meet others at the hostel.

The Midland Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Nice little hostel with good general atmosphere and great location. Bathrooms/showers not so great. One staff member (woman) was great, but another (man) was just annoying. After going into the dorm room to get my mobile phone, he came up to me and said that people were sleeping now so I shouldn't go in and out of the room so much. Well, yeah man, I'm not opening and closing the door for fun. I'm getting my phone, and I'm doing it very quietly. It felt like being talked to like a child.

When you go in and out of the room "so much" it means you ARE doing it for fun, and not for necessity. If the nice woman ( of the staff) would have worked nights, she would have done the same, because nobody wants to be bothered while they sleep. So you wouldn't have thought she was so nice after all. Also, if we let everybody in the hostel behave like they think normal, very many (other ) people would be unhappy.

Transylvania Hostel

Cluj Napoca, Romania

The staff here is amazing, and I mean each and every one of them. I stayed here in a private double with a friend for 9 nights, so we met everyone, and it was one of the best hostel experiences I've ever had in my travels to 30 countries. The bathrooms are modern and clean, the reception and game area is neat and friendly, and the kitchen is spacious. I would definitely recommend the Transylvania Hostel, and I would come back in the future if I'm in Cluj-Napoca again.

Central Backpack King

Budapest, Hungary

Staff was extremely friendly especially my friend Monika. The location is unbeatable: just a few minutes walk to public transportation, tourist sites, and nightlife. My room was spacious compared to most hostels. For such a centrally-located hostel, it was also quite quiet at night. I am thinking about returning in a couple of months!

Nice hostel with great location. The closure from 12:00-15:00 is an annoyance, however.

Abbasi Palace Hotel

Amman, Jordan

You pay a good price for a standard accommodation. It's nothing special in terms of quality, but it's worth the price for sure. Owner is delightful, and the staff are very helpful for the most part.

The Backpack