Reviews: witkok15954

Location USA, Gender Female, Age 28

Discovery Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
31st Mar 2014

This place is perfect! I felt right at home here. It's in a beautiful house that's super clean and half a block away from the metro station (15 mins to the beach). Santa Teresa is a 5 minute walk away and it's close to Lapa, which is great for going out at night. When you get there, the staff sit you down with a map of Rio and tell you everything there is to do/see--they were always so helpful and informative. Easy to meet people if you're traveling solo, plus (my favorite part) there's a cat!!

Walk On The Beach Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
13th Mar 2014

Loved this hostel so much that I had to come back! It has a great atmosphere and the staff make you feel like part of the family. I was traveling solo and found it so easy to meet people, especially at the hostel bar (where you can drink the best caipirinhas in Brazil). Also it's super close to ATMs, supermarkets, and of course a 5-minute walk to the beach. Make sure to do the boat party and go to the favela club!!

Lemon Spirit Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
11th Mar 2014

This place is highly rated for a reason: It's clean, has a great location (2 blocks from the beach and Leblon itself is pretty and very safe), but most importantly it has an amazing atmosphere--I was a solo traveler and it was SO easy to meet people here. Also Rodrigo (the bartender) is hilarious and everyone that works there is super informative. I'll be coming back!!

Tucano House Backpackers B&B, Florianopolis, Brazil
12th Feb 2014

I loved this place and didn't want to leave--and I wasn't the only one. Everyone there seemed to be constantly extending their stay. The pool area and the hammocks are great for chilling out, the bartenders make amazing caipirinhas, the dinners every night are delicious and there are always activities going on during the day AND night. I was traveling solo and this was a great place to meet people. Also the pool party at P12 was the highlight of my trip. Stay here if you're going to Floripa!!

29th May 2013

AMAAAAAZING! I was supposed to stay for 3 nights and ended up staying a week. The activities are great, the staff treat you like family, and I met the best people here. They had multiple things going on every day--free walking tours, beach parties, tapas tours...then at night the staff always got the hostel together and took them out. So many people extended their stay. I'll definitely be coming back!

Urban Garden Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
8th Jul 2012

I've never been more comfortable in a hostel. The staff are soo friendly and outgoing and are always willing to go out of their way to help you out. Queen sized beds, good showers, free family dinners, and an amazing time drinking with the other guests. I came here alone but left with a bunch of friends that I met up with in Lagos. Staying here was seriously one of the highlights of my trip and if I'm ever in Lisbon I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Stay at this hostel!!!

Sant Jordi Alberg, Barcelona, Spain
5th Jul 2012

I've been to about 40 hostels and this one is by far my favorite. I had such a good time last year that I had to come back again this year. The staff are awesome, the beds are comfortable, the showers are nice, everything is always clean, and every night all 6 hostels get together and go to a bar and a club. Before going out everyone gets together in the common room and hangs out--it's impossible not to meet people here, it's perfect for a solo traveler. Stay at this hostel!!

Hostel One Paralelo, Barcelona, Spain
25th Jun 2012

I loved this hostel. The staff treat you like family, they're always willing to help you out, and they make free family dinners every night. Even when I checked out but was still in town they told me to come back whenever I wanted for dinner and even let me bring a friend. I was traveling alone and met some amazing people and had a blast on the bar crawl. The hostel is right by the metro so it's easy to get around the city and Las Ramblas is only a few minutes away. Stay here if you're in BCN!!