Location USA, Gender Female, Age 29

Ali's Guest House, Goreme, Turkey
1st Aug 2014

I loved staying at Ali's! It was a great place to meet other travelers and the staff was very friendly and attentive. Just a few things could improve this hostel - There were no lockers, but it seemed safe enough and I didnt hear of anything being stolen. (Still, passports and computers...) The bathrooms would greatly improve if they got squeegees to clean the water off the floor when you finish showering. Overall, I'd definitely recommend Ali's!

Easy Go Hostel, Vang Vieng, Laos
4th Mar 2013

Very comfortable and conveniently located. Would definitely recommend.

Vientiane Backpackers Hostel, Vientiane, Laos
28th Feb 2013

This was definitely one of the better hostels we've stayed at on our trip. Staff was very friendly and helpful and there's a great social vibe at the hostel, but still very quiet in the dorms if you feel like being alone. Best showers of any hostel in Asia, hands down. My one complaint was that there is a weird smell there now... Not sure why, since the staff keeps the place REALLY clean. I would absolutely recommend staying here.

A Little Bird Guesthouse, Chiang Mai, Thailand
23rd Feb 2013

The bathrooms weren't great, the staff wasn't always the friendliest, but this is still one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed at. There is such a great social, friendly atmosphere here with lots of fun and interesting people. Great location - close to most places you'd want to go and right by a market where you can get the best fruit salad in Thailand! Only a couple of bathrooms had hot water, but no one seemed to care much as everyone was having such a good time hanging out together.

Sila Resort, Sukhothai, Thailand
13th Feb 2013

We booked a basic room with a fan and that's pretty much all it was. The room was basic, but what really set this hostel apart was the incredibly friendly and helpful staff. They were so kind and always there to help or answer questions. Free bicycles were also a highlight. The hostel is about a 10-15 min walk from the town center, so it's really quiet and comfortable but still close enough to everything you'd want to do. I would absolutely recommend this place to anyone going to Sukhothai!

8.0
31st Jan 2013

Hostel is nice enough - very clean and beautiful. Staff needs to be more organized. When we arrived, they had no idea about our reservation despite getting a confirmation text AND email. Location is pretty good, maybe a 10 minute walk to the beach. I would recommend not booking a hostel in advance as there are many, many guesthouses in the area, so it's pretty easy to find a room.

Hotel Rashmi, Agra, India
31st Dec 2012

The North Face Inn, Pokhara, Nepal
18th Dec 2012

The staff is wonderful. They are a kind, helpful family, and they were very sweet to us when we were sick for our first two days in Pokhara. Location is perfect and the rooms are comfortable. It's close to everything but still quiet and peaceful. My only suggestion would be to put battery powered lanterns in the rooms for evenings with no electricity. Great place to stay!

Mystic Simurgh Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
10th Dec 2012

We only stayed in this hostel for one night on our way through, but it was comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hostel if you need a cheap place to stay in a great location.

Mavi Guesthouse, Istanbul, Turkey
13th Aug 2012

This place is a little crazy, but by the end of the week I'd completely fallen in love with it. I stayed in the 25 bed dorm, lovingly named 'the cattle car' by my friend and myself. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and I don't think I ever had to wait for a shower or toilet, even with 25 people sharing the facilities. The atmosphere here was great - very social and laid back. I can't speak highly enough of Ali, who made us feel very comfortable and at home. Would definitely recommend!

Atillas Getaway, Selcuk, Turkey
8th Aug 2012

This was the coolest hostel I've ever stayed at. Not only are the grounds beautiful, they also include community dinners and breakfasts that allow you to meet a lot of different people and hear their stories. I stayed in a dorm which was very comfortable. The one thing that might be a turn off for some people is a lack of personal lockers, but I never felt like any of my stuff wasn't safe at this place and had no problem leaving it out in our dorm. LOVED it and definitely recommend it!

• USA,