Reviews: josephpharvey

Location: Ireland, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Niras Bankoc Cultural Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

Not young people there, not your typical hostel where you can have a good laugh and drink with people. Location is brilliant though, less than 10 mins walk to Koh San Road, Tuk Tuk is a 5 min ride for 50 baht. Staff are really nice though, and it is a very nice looking place, but just not for me.

Samui Backpacker Hotel

Koh Samui, Thailand

The hostel is all round brilliant, stones throw to the beach, really friendly staff - especially the British guy called Richie - he will tell you anything you need to know about the island. Excellent value for money, I would highly recommend staying here as it is also only a 1 min walk to the ferry that takes you to Koh Phangan.

Baan Hin Sai Resort & Spa

Koh Samui, Thailand

We booked in here without too much thought. It is really nice, but it is not for young people. It has a nice pool to chill out in, and it is on the beach. The rooms are really nice, all wooden, you have a golf cart that takes you to your room, which is quite cool. Food though, we ordered lunch, meal each and a drink each = 800 baht - that is £16 - IT'S MEANT TO BE THAILAND! A nice place for couples and older folks, but I wouldn't recommend it to my mates. In fact I would really recommend Koh Sam

Bodega Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Wicked hostel! I highly recommend this place. All the staff are sound, a great place to meet people as the communal area is a large bar that extends outdoors, beer is reasonably priced and the food looked very good. Bar crawls start from here. The dorm rooms are immaculately clean, air conned, clean toilets and good showers. STAY HERE! It is a bit far from Koh San Road, but you hop in a Tuk Tuk or Taxi and get to Koh San Road for 200 baht (or less) and get to see the city on the way.

Green Forest Hostel

Yangshuo, China

VERY VERY NICE HOSTEL - stay here and no where else. Not that I have been anywhere else. But this place over looks the mountains, which is nice any time of the day, huge balcony area overlooks this and you can have breakfast viewing these mysterious peaks. Go to the WATER SHOW (Impression Liu San Jie, something like that). Go to the birds fishing for fish show, also brilliant. Boat from Yangdi to Xinping (Xinping - place where 20rmb not photo is from).

Thank you for sharing travel experiences! We want to give travelers a comfortable, natural environment for everyone to relax a long trip!

Great hostel, really nice looking. There are these sofas on the ground, you'll see them, they are good. Food is nice enough. The rooms are all good. It has a roof top area, I am sure it is good, except it rained the whole time I was there, so didn't use it. Beers are 6 kuai, Beerlao is 15 kuai. Well worth a stay.

Han Tang House

Xi'an, China

Staff are getting an average for now, only because I am awaiting a reply to my e-mail? I left some books there, well at least I think they did. That aside, It is a really good hostel. Very comfortable, one of the best showers, everyone loves a good shower. Clean rooms, the food is tasty. Now, the food is tasty, but a bit too expensive, it was London prices, no where in China should be anywhere near London prices, that ridiculous, its China, China is meant to be an inexpensive place.

Saigon Backpackers Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Staff - gets an average, 1 staff member = lovely, the other = not. And they kind of look the same. Great location, few mins walk to very very cheap alcohol. Not the liveliest place, but suppose that depends on the people. Stay here though, I would again. All good overall.

GREAT FUN! Stay here, you meet loads of people, good ones. Free beer everynight for 1 hour, you can get about 6/7 pints down ya in that time, that gets you drunk ready for the bar crawl from another well known hostel about a 10 mins walk away. The rooms are good, bloody good shower, really powerful!

Stayed at the Jade Emu with a friend (Helen, name drop your there Helen), its really good. Food was very nice, the owner an Australian guy is a very nice chap. The hostel is very close to where the bars are, maybe 5 minute - 8 minute walk. You can hire a moped just outside the hostel from there sister hostel, so cheap to hire a moped.

N's Kitchen & Lodge

Shangri-la, China

N's Kitchen is located perfectly in the heart of Shangri La old Town, so 100% there. Food in the hostel was excellent, tasty Yak Burgers and chips and the kitchen is also a nice place to meet people, so again perfect. Unfortunately the bedroom's were just okay for me, I was in the 8 bed dorm. The plugs by bed didn't work, so I couldn't charge my phone or put on the lamp, the light in the bathroom is almost non-existent, so chuck a new blub in there. And the power of the shower is pretty weak.

Tavern 47

Shangri-la, China

Nice hostel, great character, Korean owner is very helpful. Excellent location, only a 3 minute walk from the main square where you can see dancing in the evening, and join in. The only reason I have put poor for staff is that I left some washing out to dry and 1 of the staff moved it to an area which was not covered and so they were soaked. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I was currently wearing my last pair of boxers, so I had to do a flipperoo with those for the next day. Stay here!

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

I never actually stayed here, but just to get rid of it off my review list, and to help with my touch of OCD I have given it an average rating, as that's fair for everyone.

Good all round, I don't think I have any real complaints, just a suggestion. In the showers, I found there was no where really to hang your towel and stuff, so that it wouldn't get wet whilst you were showering, and so I suggest some more hooks, and that is all. I will definitely stay here again, whenever I return to Kunming.