Chile Lindo Hostel

Santiago, Chile

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOSTEL - I turned up at 6pm with a confirmed booking only to be rudely told that they were full and that "management do this all the time". I asked to speak with the manager but I was told he "didn't feel like" coming to speak with me. I met some English girls the next day who said the exact same thing happened to them at this hostel two days earlier when they turned up with a booking for 4 people! If you want a confirmed bed in Santiago don't risk booking Chile Lindo.

Hostel 531

Cordoba, Argentina

The hostel has a warm vibe but there's only 2 bathrooms which is pretty inconvenient at times. There's also no lockers. However, the wifi is good and the staff were really helpful - helped us plan our day trip and were always friendly.

Art Factory Palermo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great hostel in a really cool part of Buenos Aires. The guy who checked us in (his name was like Joagan or something like this, sorry - the guy from Venezuela!) was incredibly helpful and so lovely. The rest of the staff were a bit aloof but the hostel itself has a warm vibe and an adequate kitchen. Showers aren't always warm but when they are they're amazing!

The Ritz by Hostel Inn

Buenos Aires, Argentina

The hostel is in an amazing location - we were able to walk to almost all the main tourist attractions. BUT the hostel has a buzz in - buzz out system in order to enter and leave he hostel and this constant buzzing kept us awake for a lot of the night. Also the wifi only works in the main common area and the kitchen is the worst equipped hostel kitchen we've ever come across - there was only one pot in the whole hostel so we had to wait for ages to cook.

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

Good location, friendly staff. Only one bathroom for 14 people but there are others outside the room. The door to room A is really squeaky!! Otherwise its great - we'd stay again.

• 4th Feb 2014

Thank you! We have gone and fixed that darn squeaky door :)

Its in a convenient location and its very clean but theres no atmosphere. Great for a quick visit.

hi there. thanks for the review. safe travells, yoho team :)

Carpe Noctem Original

Budapest, Hungary

• 5th Jan 2014

The MadHouse Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Madhouse is a really fun and social place to stay. We had a great time and we'd definitely stay there again!

• 3rd Jan 2014

Five Reasons Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

The showers are wonderful, it's a really modern hostel with plenty of space and good security. There's very little atmosphere though, it isn't a very social place but I would stay there again.

Funky Cordoba

Cordoba, Spain

The staff were very friendly and although there are no lockers in the rooms they put my belongings upstairs in a staff safe for me. We might just have been there at a bad time as they were doing renovations, but there was no atmosphere whatsoever. Great for a quick stopover to see the sights as its walking distance from everything, you get what you pay for.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

This hostel was a nice place to stay with very helpful staff. Unfortunately the mattresses are very thin and you can feel the metal slats underneath. I was there on a friday night and the music downstairs was absolutely pumped until 5.20am. I love a good party but that was really excessive!

The White Tulip Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

A really nice hostel to stay in with modern facilities and a good atmosphere. The wifi isn't consistent throughout the hostel though and rarely worked in our room.

Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

There is no common area and the wifi doesnt work in all the rooms so we all had to sit on the street. Excellent location.

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

The staff were friendly and helpful however the door to our room didnĀ“t lock properly so security was a bit of an issue. Its located outside the medina so the location isnt overly convenient. I would advise against the walking tour, our guide was quite rude and it was less a tour of the city, more a shopping trip into his friendsĀ“ shops.

Thank you Jacqueline. We are in the heart of the Medina the oldest gates : R'Cif and Bab Jdid.

Riad El Pacha

Essaouira, Morocco

We got what we paid for. The staff were helpful although not particularly friendly, there was no toilet paper in the toilets for our entire stay and the showers were very dirty. However, our room was nice and clean.

Equity Point Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

The staff were really friendly. I got the transfer from the airport to the hostel (which i recommend as the hostel is difficult to find) at 8am but couldnt check in til 2. I was able to have breakfast on arrival and i spent the day by the pool. Its a comfortable place to stay.