Reviews: kernalpop

Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 41

Candela & Chocolate

Santa Marta, Colombia

The staff here were absolutely awful. I wish we stayed at the La Briza Loca nearby. Staff were rude and very unhelpful. Made my friend pay up before I arrived forcing her to withdraw cash at the cashpoint incurring a fee even though the booking was in my name. I arrived 6 hours late as the bus broke down and they wouldn't let her even wait in the hostel until I got there to check in. We were not allowed in other dorms and were not put together. Place wasn't that clean and atmosphere bland.

Toronto, Canada

I have stayed here before and this time recommended my friends I was travelling stay here with me and they enjoyed it. Free Breakfast was good, atmosphere was calm and staff were great and helped us out when we needed it. I would come back again and this it will be later in 2015!!

Hlemmur Square

Reykjavik, Iceland

The hostel is big and the downstairs areas are fab! It's located on the end of the high St so not far to walk to the many bars and restaurants in the centre of town. Staff are hit and miss. Some are great and others indifferent and just ignore you. The male cleaner kooks like he will kill you and is unapproable and unhappy. Avoid him. Scary chap. Place is clean, dorms are big, good and safe storage and comfy beds with reading lights. Overall good but Iceland expensive.

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca

Oaxaca, Mexico

The guys who run this place (Efran

Hostel Alcala

Oaxaca, Mexico

Breakfast was a poor affair. Either located downstairs in the cafe where the staff ignore you and when they realise you are from the hostel are not friendly at all. The rooms are tiny and cramped. Bathrooms also small and you had to hold the water open for it to work so shower with one arm. Location was awesome. Next to the Zocalo. Was more expensive than other hostels and no communal chill out area. We actually moved to a better hostel called Cielo Roja. I wouldn't stay here again.

Hostel Amigo

Mexico City, Mexico

The hostel had character. The staff were fantastic and helpful. The bathrooms were a little older and hit and miss and the rooms that were on the first floor got the noise from the common area and bar downstairs so hard to relax and chill at times. However it's loccated in a fab fab location right in the historic downtown area and not far from the metro stations. I'd visit again if in Mexico City....

The staff here were a little hit and miss. They loved to party so music in the hostel was always too loud so hard to do anything but listen to that. It was clean and a sociable place and they also had free breakfasts and dinners. Some of the food depending on who was on duty was fab.... I won{t mention names and single staff out as some where not that great and ignored you when hung over.

Sorry to hear that you found our staff hit and miss, we do address these issues so that we can always improve, thanks for your feedback, We're aware that sometimes it can become a little too loud, and we always do our best to enforce our quiet hours. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the food, we do our best to provide another opportunity for travelers to meet.

Darwin YHA

Darwin, Australia

Was a bit hit and miss staying here. Wifi expensive and kept dropping out, staff some what miserable. Kitchen and seating areas were closed at 23:00 so you can only be in the dorms. Hostel was clean but noisy pub next door was too much. There are cheaper options down Mitchell St. I wouldn't stay here again.

We had a good time staying here. We were here for the Edinburgh Fringe and this met our needs. It's fairly near to the bus and train station, clean and staff are friendly and helpful. Other guests are sociable and would stay here again.

My second time here and have to say the location is fab. Staff are helpful and free breakfast is good. however I had a dorm room over looking the street and main entrance which was very very noisy. Other than this rooms were clean, bathrooms clean and hostel is comfortable. I'd stay again for sure when in LA.

The Old Swan Barracks

Perth, Australia

The hostel was big, busy and full of long time stayers who were very cliquey. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel was clean. Breakfast was a very poor affair. Cheap White basics bread, cheap marg, two marmalades and cheap cornflakes. No milk provided. Tea and coffee also basics and cheap. No food storage space and no fridge space. Kitchens also get cramped and busy. Communal areas generally clean but chairs by the TV area look very filthy and ripped. Beds are lumpy too.

Hi Mike, Thanks for coming to stay at the Barracks. As breakfast is free we do our best to provide enough for all of our guests. I'm sorry if you didn't find free space in the kitchen, but I can assure you there is always room in one of the two we provide. During meal times kitchens get busy, but you are going to find that in any hostel. Hope the rest of your travels go well. Kind Regards, The Old Swan Barracks Team

Sun Bright Hotel

New York, USA

In the 20 years of travelling this is the worse place I have come across. So much so that I didn't even stay. It smelled like t here were dead bodies on floors 3 & 4 and the rooms had no windows. Stay at your peril. You have been warned.