Reviews: Xela7688

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 37

Saga Youth Hostel

Beijing, China

I arrived on a 72 hour TWOV travel permit and was pleasantly surprised that upon arrival I received a voucher for a free draft beer and a coffee from their Bar. Happy hour was great with 2 big glasses of beer for 20RMB. The 4 bed dorms were great with 4 separate beds rather than bunks with A bathroom and lockers for each bed. The staff spoke English quite well and the hostel was just 10min walk from Dengshikou subway. Plus the hostel was not far from Wangfujing st. I'd recommend staying here.

Tulip Xanh Dalat Hotel

Da Lat, Vietnam

I was a little sick after I arrived so the single rooms were great after staying in dorms for so long. The internet was great for the first day but then it slowed to a crawl. The Hostel/Hotel was only about a 10 minute walk from Dalat's mini backpacker area and they rent scooters for 6$ per day. I would definitely return next time in Dalat.

Velkommen Backpackers

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Great hostel. I stayed an extra few days and had a freind meet me there arriving from Siem Reap. The staff were quite helpful and the bar was dirt cheap. I especially liked the 3 for $6 cocktails and they didn't skimp on the alcohol. The only downer was that tours booked through them with there tuk tuk drivers were twice the price then if you found an independent driver but i'd recommend this place to anyone. The location is perfect. Just a few blocks from the royal palace. $2 tuk tuk from bus.

Golden Fish Guesthouse

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I had problems when arriving after being overcharged by the tuk tuk driver, 200 baht, when I argued and asked one of the staff in front of the driver he agreed I should pay 200 baht (7$) for a 1-2$ ride from the bus drop off. Other than that the rooms were ok and the common room was good. I met lots of other travelers to party with

Hostel Bekuo San Jose

San Jose, Costa Rica

The staff here were very friendly even warning me against getting taxis from the bus station. The hostel has excellent WIFI and is located in San Pedro which is a very safe area of San Jose and only about a 5-10 min bus ride from El Centro. They offered chap beers by Costa Rica standards right at the front desk. They even offered free breakfast of pancakes and coffee. I liked this place and hope to stay again on my next trip.

Pura Vida Hostel

Tamarindo, Costa Rica

The staff here were very friendly upon my arrival even before, helping me find a bed at such short notice by e-mail. I had planned to stay only a few night and go to Playas Del Cocos for some diving on the Catalina Islands but the owner found me a shop nearby in Brazilito that offered the same dives for less money. She even booked it for me with front door pickupand drop off. My only complaint is the poor WIFI at times. Other than that I would very much recommend this hostel to others.

Hotel El Estadio

La Ceiba, Honduras

Thanks for all your help. I'll be sure and let everyone know along my travels. We have a Black Cat Hostel in Xela. I'll talk to the people their about you.