Magdalen House

Lima, Peru

I am not sure why this hostel has such a high rating. It is adequate, the location is interesting, not the usual tourist location but I think it better than Microflores which is just full of chain stores and high rise buildings. The woman who checked us in here was not very helpful but in the evening the owner arrived and was wonderful. The rooms are ok. I recommend using their airport transfer you will safe a lot of money.

Che Lagarto hostel Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

Staff were friendly informative and happy to do what they could to make the stay enjoyable. Good breakfast, nice social atmosphere, wish I could have stayed longer

Samba Palace

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I am mixed about this hostel, it has great facilities and fantastic beds and pillows. The showers are sometimes cold and if there is hot water it jumps between scalding hot and freezing cold repeatedly. The staff are helpful but I am not sure why there is a lack of social atmosphere. I recommend the day tour it was very good value. Apart from being close to Christ the Redeemer the location isnt that great.

Uvaia Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Good place, would stay here again.

Hostel Natura

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Staying at this hostel improved our experience of our stay in Iguazu. It provides a relaxed sociable atmosphere. Alberto the new staff member is amazing, very friendly and incredibly helpful. He went out of his way to set us up with a tour that could take us to Brazil and to the airport on time for a very good rate. The pool has a funny green colour but I swam in it and was fine (although I did not put my head under). They have just started doing tango nights with a very good teacher.

Sur Hostel

Colonia del Sacramento, Uruguay

The hostel is in a good location but I found the staff working at the time we were there were a bit too relaxed. The didnt give us pillow slips (this is quite unhygenic) and did not have enough sheets. The waste bin in the toilet was not emptied enough as was over flowing. The sign on the wall of the toilet said it hadnt been cleaned in 2 weeks, but I think it was just out of date The kitchen was exceptionally tidy. But overall probably the lowest standard of hostel I have ever stayed in.

PLUS Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Really good value for money, locations is handy. Really attractive building and superb rooms. The internet was down on the first night, and our bathroom flooded, this was fixed the next day. The rooms are clean but the shower heads need to be cleaned properelly so that water can flow out, and the drains need to be cleaned so they don't clog up. It was dissapointing that there was no kitchen, fridge or microwave, but the food in the restuarant was a very good price.

Hello. Very happy to hear you found our hostel good value for your money - Gives you more to spend on the shopping and nightlife nearby! Also pleased to hear our maintenance crew helped out with your room. With regards to the kitchen, with a hostel as large as ours, such a kitchen creates an immense number of problems with cleanliness and more importantly safety - This is why we have created our Opera Bar & Restaurant which we see you enjoyed. Thanks again :)

Mediterranean Youth Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Couldn't get internet in the private rooms. But internet worked fine near the kitchen. The hostel provies lots of social areas, but for some reason very few people at the hostel would socialise. It would have been nice if there was some quiet spaces to be able to skype.

Reggae Hostel

Kingston, Jamaica

Was nice, staff were very friendly and accomodating. Has everything you need, kitchen, good clean beds, reliable internet , and a bar.

Broadway Hotel n Hostel

New York, USA

This hostel has good rooms and a flash lounge but but it fails to provide the essentials for the budget traveller. The kitchen is only a sink, fridge, microwave and toaster. There are no hobs to do any cooking. There are no plates or cutlery. Instead other travellers have left behind plastic spoons and containers. The internet was not working. When it was, it was VERY slow (worse than dial up). The free movie catalogue was good but somehow created an unsocial environment.

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

Only stay here if you sleep heavily. It was very noisy and the private rooms are over priced. Great location, the staff were fantastic. The social/bar area down stairs made an easy way to meet other travelers. The TV's have terrible reception, the fridge was so noisy we unplugged it, and the air conditioning was broken. Would be better if they just didn't bother and charged less. The walls are very thin, you can hear EVERYTHING in the other rooms. Makes it so hard to sleep.