Bath YMCA

Bath, England

Where do I start... showers REALLY small (0.5 by 0.5 m), poor water pressure, internet agonizingly slow, found a flee sucked full of blood, bed so uncomfortable it made me think about sleeping on the floor instead, cooked breakfast wasn't available on 2 out of 3 mornings, people that were permanently living here and some of the staff made me feel unwelcome, stayed on my own in a 10-bed dorm for 2 nights. The place feels more like a business than a hostel, wouldn't recommend to anyone, sorry.

• 22nd Aug 2013

Globe Backpackers Exeter

Exeter, England

I think I might come back to this place.. They've got living room type of area that really feels like home, includes plenty of books and a guitar. Nice kitchen, really nice (new) showers and toilets. Beds were really comfortable as well. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only downsides: Light in the toilets automaticly turns off when you sit still for 15 sec, location is good but not perfect (busy road).

• 20th Aug 2013

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

Had a good stay, small hostel with a very nice atmosphere. Staff were really helpful and nice. Excellent kitchen. Just a few things; half of the lockers at the dorm where I stayed were broken or didn't work properly and there were a few bugs in the showers.

• 18th Aug 2013

Hey, thanks for mentioning the lockers in your room, we've sorted it all out,. And cheers for the rest, we're really happy you enjoyed it here, safe travels!