Location: France, Gender: Female, Age: 33

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

When I arrived at 2pm,bed was done,but there was another person underwear all around my bed!I complained but they did nothing and told me to wait for the girl to come back. WiFi not working. 10pm quiet policy is a joke: staff checked in guests at midnight w/ 3ppl sleeping, turned on ALL the lights and kept talking loud even though she saw ppl sleeping. Got food poisoning after eating nothing else but from their restaurant in 36h. Staff does a great job at ignoring customer, bar & reception alike

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Globetrotter

Booked 2 nights, stayed 20 :) I really liked everything about this hostel: the setting, the atmosphere, the bar, the happy hour, the pizza night, the helpful staff at bar and reception (tour agency staff was pretty much useless as far as I'm concerned - they will help only if you want to do 3 or 4 most popular tours). Note: girl dorm bathroom could help a bit of renovation

• 31st Aug 2013

Nasca Lodge

Nazca, Peru

Comfy beds, spotless bathroom, very friendly and helpful staff that will organize all the tours you want. I wish I had stayed a bit longer.

• 28th Aug 2013

Kokopelli Hostel Paracas

Paracas, Peru

Great location directly on the beach. The place is brand new, with comfy beds, big and clean bathrooms. The bar must be quite cool in high season. They had sand storm the day before I arrived so the room was still being cleaned when I arrived at 4.30pm, but they offered me free stay so I can't complain :) Only down side : people (I don't know if guests or staff) tended to watch TV at an incredibly loud volume that was just hurting my ears when passing by (I'm not exagerating).

• 26th Aug 2013

Banana's Adventure

Huacachina, Peru

I liked the quaint bungalows, the pool (big and clean, with loungers and palm trees around), the friendly atmosphere. Facilities are more than ok, even if a couple more bathrooms would be good. I was not too impressed by the bar staff (once waited 30 min to order and then even more to get my sandwich) nor by the food they were serving.

• 24th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Fantastic place, all their facilities will make you feel like home! The setting makes it easy to meet other travellers. Was a bit weird for me not to have coffee for breakfast though. Only down side : some of the neighbours have the loudest barking dog I've ever heard and let it out at night... Just to give you an idea, I slept better at Wild Rover...

• 19th Aug 2013

Pachamama

Cabanaconde, Peru

What to say? Great place, friendly staff. The restaurant/bar is very cool and has nice food (you won't find better in town).

• 16th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Great place. Liked the hot (maybe a bit too hot, actually) shower, the comfy bed, the lounge space at 5th floor with huge TV and couches, the breakfast (one of the best I've had in Peru). WiFi was working well (not so common when in the Andes...)

• 12th Aug 2013

HI-Inka Pacha

Copacabana, Bolivia

Lovely place held by a lovely and very helpful lady who can also cook for you for a small fee. Down side: you'll have to hike pretty much all the way up (so will you for most of the hostels though) - meaning you'll have lovely view on the lake and other islands from the garden (that view is all worth staying a night or two on the island!). Big common room making it easy to meet other travellers. Conforts are basic, but so are they on the whole island.

• 10th Aug 2013

Hostal Chawi

Coroico, Bolivia

This hostel was absolutely amazing, with a huge tropical garden, friendly staff, lots of space in dorm & common area (the dorm has 2 secluded areas so you have a lot of privacy), showers are warm, their meals are probably the best value for money in town (if you have the opportunity, try the falafel - one of the best I've ever had). The only thing they are missing at the moment is WiFi ; would have had happily stayed there a couple of weeks otherwise.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

The 4 bed dorm is roomy, comfy and actually very quiet since it's far from the bar. Liked the food from the bar and the parties. Bathrooms could be cleaned a bit more often though and reception is a bit understaffed. Be advised: the place can get a bit of a zoo depending on the ppl there...

• 1st Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

Nice beds in a very nice and roomy building. There weren't many guests when I was there so it was very quiet, but after the craziness of Koala Den where I couldn't sleep more than 2 hours per night, it was a lovely change! WiFi was working good, showers were warm, breakfast was just ok.

• 27th Jul 2013

HI-Valle Hermosa

Tupiza, Bolivia

Overpriced for what you get, but overall a good place to stay. Liked the rooftop terrace, the helpful staff (took immediate action when we had trouble on a tour they booked us). The place could help warmer showers and a common room though. Their tour to Uyuni is highly recommended ! Our food and our cars looked much better than those of the groups of other agencies.

• 15th Jul 2013

KulturBerlin - Icba Wasi

Sucre, Bolivia

Very nice setting, comfy rooms, but their internet doesn't work. got like 5 min connection a day on my laptop, a tiny bit more on my phone. Was sharing bathroom with a family whose kid was constantly peeing all around the toilet seat. Careful with the tour to Tarabuco: our driver was litterally falling asleep while driving and nearly crashed into a bus coming in the opposite direction; luckily, the guy sitting behind him shouted and he went back to his lane, like 2 seconds before impact.

• 13th Jul 2013

La Posada del Sol

Samaipata, Bolivia

Amazing place in the most beautiful setting. Their restaurant is probably the best value in town (a few more vegetarian options would be welcome though), happy hour is fantastic to meet other guests (and the cocktails are very good too), and the staff will make you feel like at home. You won't want to leave.

• 28th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank yo so much for the review. We certainly enjoyed having you as our guest and sincerely hope that you can return one day!

Catarino's Guest House

Bonito, Brazil

Amazing place to relax and meet other travellers. Breakfast was the best I've ever had in a hostel, staff was very helpful and friendly. The 4 day tour they organize to Pantanal at Santa Clara is highly recommended and all worth the money.

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

If the company of a bunch of male couch potatoe watching replay of soccer games of 2 years ago all day is not your idea of fun, stay away! (says someone who actually enjoy soccer). WiFi was not working (their router is obviously made for private use and won't let you connect if more than 5 ppl are connected). One guy of the staff was borderline rude and complained because i asked him to put my laptop in storage and take it back 30 min later when i went for lunch. Guess what, it's your job !

• 27th May 2013

Kerana Hostel

Encarnacion, Paraguay

Brand new hostel with friendly staff. It was very quiet during my stay, but hopefully they'll get plenty of guests soon, they deserve it. Only downside: the chain to close the lockers is very thin and it wouldn't take a lot of effort to break it...

• 25th May 2013

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

For my 2nd stay in Cancun, I thought picking a "party hostel" would allow me to party without forking out 50usd for local clubs. Well, no: at 11pm, everyone left to the club. But from 8am till 11pm, it's a non stop wild party and ppl there during my stay were cool. Facilities are nice too, and clean. Free dinner was nice, but on my first day, we didn't get the free tequila shot. WiFi was not always working. Good location, right by the quaint and delightful food market square.

• 30th Mar 2013

Hostal Palau

Merida, Mexico

Nice hostel, but I wouldn't recommend it for solo travellers since it was almost empty. Owners are nice and helpful, but not very knowledgeable about local public transport or local sights (we wanted to go to Uxmal, they sent us to the wrong bus terminal). For their defense though, bus stations and bus terminals are a major headache in Mérida. The hostel is a bit outside from the center, in a nice and quiet neighborhood with a huge supermarket 5 minute walk away.

• 24th Mar 2013

Yaxkin Hostel

Palenque, Mexico

The place is beautiful with lush gardens and cool common areas, the dorm was big, with big lockers. Atmosphere was very quiet during my stay, but I could still meet nice people to talk too. Kitchen and bathroom would need an update though, and it would be good to empty the toilet paper bins in the rooms more than once a day, especially when it is so hot.

• 18th Mar 2013

Posada los Mapaches

Tulum, Mexico

Enjoyable stay till they kicked us out at 10am on our last day with 50kg of luggage & 1 hr notice because they were closing for planned fumigation. Sum up:'I can't keep your luggage or other ppl will want to leave it 2 -But u told them you were closing, u didn't tell us -Well, you had to ask' (ps:I did at check in, it was all ok then). We paid 45usd extra for taxis+storage at bus station till 11pm. For that price, we could have stayed in a nice hotel for the last night. And left a good feedback.

• 17th Mar 2013

Tribu Hostel

Holbox Island, Mexico

They allow pets in the kitchen, which I find gross, not to mention they get in your feet while you carry stuff and owners let them bark all day (& night). Kitchen tables were covered with filth any time of the day, bathroom for an entire floor cleaned only once a day (left a paper at 3pm, it was still there at 11am the day after). Tiny toilet paper bin in the ensuite wc emptied only once a day too, for a 10 girl dorm, it stank. Ppl were minding their own business & it was overall boring

• 6th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hi, Thank you for staying in Tribu. We are really sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. :( Let me just say that we have a dog, but he stays always with us in our house...while the neighbor's one, yes I have to admit that he visit us sometimes and look for some food and love. I also wanted to tell you that each dorm have a bathroom en suite and that we clean the kitchen 3 times x day, but not all the guests love to wash after using the facilities...enjoy the rest of your trip!

Big dorms with 2 toilets and 1 separate shower, comfortable beds. The bar upstairs is super nice and offer nice cocktails ; shame wireless up there is a bit temperamental. Cool events hosted at the bar for dinner, but the clubs they take you to afterwards are super expensive (up to 75usd!!!) - but that's more a problem of Cancun than of the hostel...

• 3rd Mar 2013

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

One of the cleanest hostels I've stayed in. Great atmosphere and facilities, with a lot of activities. A great place to party and meet people, but where you can also rest if you want to. Best breakfast I've ever had in a hostel/motel/hotel in the States.

• 6th Feb 2013

Pineapple Park Kona

Kailua-Kona, USA

• 31st Jan 2013

• 23rd Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

The cheapest hostel I've been to in Hawaii, and yet by far the best one. Liked the papayas for breakfast, the huge common room and staff always on hand to help.

• 22nd Jan 2013

Kauai BeachHouse

Kapaa, USA

• 19th Jan 2013

Kauai BeachHouse

Kapaa, USA

They didn't have my reservation; they said the reservations are sent to the ex manager so they know nothing about it and wanted me to pay the full price (even though I had already paid 10%). Ended up in a 8 shared bed dorms (read over 10 ppl) instead of the 4 bed dorm I paid for. I had made 2 reservations, so I cancelled the 2nd one since this was nothing like what I had booked. Hostelworld didn't bother to refund the deposit on the 2nd booking.

• 14th Jan 2013

• 11th Jan 2013

Marcopolo Inn

Bariloche, Argentina

For a place which "does not accept guest under 18", it was filled with a group of ill-bred 12 year oldS accompanied by teachers with zero authority that would let them yell and run in the dining room so that it was impossible to talk to anyone, and which were running around and shouting ALL OVER the 4 floors of the hostel till midnight and play with the elevator... so much that they broke it after the 1st day! I loved every minute of carrying my 35kg of luggage down the stairs for 4 floors.

• 13th Nov 2012

Planeta Hostel

Esquel, Argentina

The dorm on the street is noisy. There's a disco nearby, meaning music all night+ drunk shouts and endless exagerated motor roars when people get out around 5am. Toilets were mixt and very dirty (I don't have any problems with guys leaving the seat cover up, but for God's sake, aim at it properly and flush!). Non smokers beware: ppl smoke in the inner courtyard and it goes into the kitchen n for my whole stay, I was bothered by dorm mates making me feel like I had an ash tray on my pillow

• 10th Nov 2012

Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn

Puerto Madryn, Argentina

Good place with good atmosphere, staff very helpful to organize tours.

• 6th Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

We were accommodated in a 6 bed room, with only 4 lockers, already occupied. When we complained about it, some rude staff member just answered "It's always been like that, no one ever complained." Well, someone just did. And apparently, some other people had already done so on Tripadvisor... Also got food stolen from my basket marked with name and check out date 2 nights in a row, which made me feel a lot more comfortable about not having a locker for my valuables (hope you catch the irony...)

• 3rd Nov 2012

America del Sur Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

• 30th Oct 2012

Hostal Lili-Patagonicos

Puerto Natales, Chile

Very nice and cosy place, very efficient staff who can help you organizing all your excursions in the area, beds are a bit larger than standard and the huge windowed lounge is really nice. Plus, I had booked a dorm and got free upgrade to double room the 1st day and triple room the other days.

• 27th Oct 2012