La Casona Hostel

Santiago, Chile

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Perfect local right by the Metro station so really easy to find, friendly staff and the most comfortable bed I've slept in for months. Breakfast was good. Safe boxes inside the lockers for extra security is a nice touch!

Hostel Mora Mendoza

Mendoza, Argentina

Great place to stay in Mendoza, big rooms, comfy beds and the lady at reception was fantastic - really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was one of the best I've had in a long time!

We appreciate your comment and are happy that you liked our hostel and the breakfast. Our staff always tries to do their best:)

Che Salguero Youth Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

Fantastic staff, good choice for a few nights in Cordoba.

Thanks for your comment!! And also thanks for choice us!!

Art Rosario Hostel

Rosario, Argentina

Good hostel close to everything. There was a city wide power cut while I was there, and the staff were great dealing with it :)

Hello Laura! thank you very much for your comment! A pleasure to have stayed ... Have a good travel and experiences Greetings!

Porto Alegre Eco Hostel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

Hugely overpriced for what is essentially an average at best hostel. The staff, while friendly, weren't helpful and made no attempt to explain any of the facilities in or around the hostel. Handed a map with no explanation of where we were of what was close by - its such a little thing but would make a difference. Cleanliness could be better, especially the bathrooms - I also don't understand why there is a men's bathroom upstairs and then if you're female a unisex one as far away as possible?

Favela Chic Hostel

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

One of the staff, who's name I didn't get, was really helpful and friendly - he even booked my bus ticket for me and any questions I had he was happy to answer. Without him my stay would have been awful. But overall the hostel is shabby. The beds are tiny, and although I booked an 8 bed, I was put in a 13 as the 8 dorm was unavaliable (probably something they should say on the site). Someone then stole my bed while I as out and the staff were completely unhelpful in sorting it out.

El Nomada

Asuncion, Paraguay

If you have to stay in Asuncion, go here. The owners are fantastic, really knowledgable about the area and super friendly. Breakfast was awesome too!

7 Duendes

Salta, Argentina

Well located halfway between the bus terminal and the main plaza, and close to an ATM and supermarket. Staff were all really friendly. The rooms are on the small side, and it was kind of hard to get on to the top bunk as there was a fan in the way of the ladder.

Casa Blanca Hostel

Tarija, Bolivia

Nice place, staff are friendly and the pkace is nept clean, shame there is no wifi though.

Quechua Inn

Sucre, Bolivia

Nice hostel with friendly staff - but definitely need a shower curtain in the bathroom!

Cabana Las Lilas

Cochabamba, Bolivia

Great place to relax and recover, even has a treehouse to hide away in!

Pirwa Hostel La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

Good location close to the bus terminals. Comfortable beds and clean facilities, shame there are no lockers in the rooms but available in the reception area.

Wild Rover Backpackers

La Paz, Bolivia

Definitely a party hostel! Food is really good, staff lovely - personally not my kind of place but great for those who are beerpacking. Would be nice to have an area inside for non-smokers, the bar gets pretty smoky later in the night.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Best hostel I've stayed in! Amazing staff, great facilities and the place is always spotless. It's also only a two minute walk to the main plaza.

Didn't seem to be many people staying here whilst I was there, so no real atmosphere. Neither of the ladies spoke any English which wasn't a big issue but they do advertise that English is spoken. Regardless they are both lovely and Marco was great for arranging tours (go sandboarding!) as well as helping me book my bus to Cusco.

The hostel is in OB, good for beach days and surfing but around 40mins by pubic transport to downtown San Diego, if you want to be in centre chose another hostel. OBI is perfect to relax, it's in a small town with great bars and sushi places and away from crowded areas. There's also a farmer's market right outside the front door on a Tuesday. Security is a bit lack; front door left open a lot, and bathroom can be smelly. Also quite loud at nights with the outside area at the back of the hostel.

Hostel Cat

Las Vegas, USA

The rooms can be quite hot at night, but it's Vegas Vegas and you probably won't be sleeping much! Great atmosphere, really social hostel with lots going on including limo trips and nights out to the Fremont Experience. Will definitely go back if I'm ever in Vegas again.

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Portland Pensione

Portland, USA

This is not a hostel but a motel, and not a nice one. While it might have been a nice place once, it's now run down and desperately in need of a face lift and a deep clean. there was a lingering unpleasant smell, the floor looked like it hadn't been swept for days and the overall style was hugely out of date, no room keys given out, no lockers... The only positive thing was the lovely woman at reception!

Great hostel, the staff really make the place what it is! Good range of organised events such as tours and pub crawls plus free breakfast and dinners! Will definitely stay again the next time I'm in Seattle.