Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 51

Pousada de Angra do Heroismo

Angra do Heroismo, Portugal

Staff were great. I was the only person there the first night in a 72 bed hostel, what does that tell you? Damp all over the walls, I had to move after the first night because the lights didn't work in my room. Water all over the corridor. Stained bedding and to top it all off the kitchen had no pans or crockery other than what was used for breakfast. Final straw was goings on in cars on the road, enough said!

Pousada do Pico

Sao Roque do Pico, Portugal

Only ended up staying one night but member of staff on desk (female) was very helpful in changing my booking at the next hostel for me. Beds were comfortable and there's a fully equipped kitchen, but I didn't use it. My only criticism would be that WiFi is only available in the TV room which is very distracting.

The Walrus Hostel

Staff, location and price for London were great but there was no clip for shower head so you had to hold it, there were only 2 showers and 2 ladies toilets on the first floor for 24 beds and the kitchen was only suitable for an average family house, there was no where to sit and eat . I was told I could bring my food down to the bar and eat but that was down 2 flights of stairs and if I had wanted to eat after 6.30 I would have been out of luck anyway as all the tables were reserved for a quiz.

Iwiheke Backpackers / A-Plus Lodge

Turangi, New Zealand

Tasman Bay Backpackers

Nelson, New Zealand

Tripinn

Westport, New Zealand

Rainforest Backpackers

Franz Josef, New Zealand

Hot tub was a great addition just a bit too hot guys!!

YHA Te Anau

Te Anau, New Zealand

YHA Gisborne

Gisborne, New Zealand

River City Inn

Singapore, Singapore

The common area was great, the beds were reasonably comfortable but the pillows were very hard and lumpy. My main complaint was only 2 toilets and 3 showers for all the beds - 44 I think.

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Everything. This was a return visit within 2 weeks and when I visit KL again it will be the only place I will consider staying.

Cheers for the awesome comments! It is always a pleasure to have such friendly guests as yourself come and stay with us! Patrick

Cerana Guesthouse

Kota Bharu, Malaysia

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Excellent. Will definitely stay here when I return to KL.

Thank you for your kind review! It's always wonderful to hear such positive feedback and comments! Good luck with the rest of your travels! Patrick

This is the place for something different, a beach hut right on the sea front. The only noise is the sea, no traffic, no temples at all hours of the day and night. A great place for getting away from it all, the seafood dinners are great and very reasonably priced. Total of 1450 Rupees for Dinner, bed and breakfast for 3 days - Bargain.

Arunima Heritage Homes

Alappuzha, India

Lovely place and really nice people. Location a bit out of the way, 3 km to town and 2km to railway station but only 5 min walk to beach.