Crazy Duck Hostel, Bucharest, Romania
15th Aug 2016

Good location, friendly and helpful staff.

Habitat-Hostel, Belgrade, Serbia
13th Aug 2016

Very friendly and helpful staff. Even though I already arrived at 7 a.m., I could enter my room right away and did not have to pay for an extra night.

Baroque Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
11th Aug 2016

Great and comfortable place to stay, friendly and helpful staff.

HI Washington DC, Washington DC, USA
19th Oct 2013

The hostel is safe, clean, and has everything you would expect from an HI hostel, so nothing to complain about.

thank you so much for your lovely comments we really appreciate it. Glad that your enjoyed your stay at HI-DC and hope to hear from you again soon. Safe travels Germaine

AAE Bourbon House Hostel, New Orleans, USA
7.4
15th Oct 2013

The hostel is a nice place to spend a few nights at. Only the bathrooms are in extreme need of updating and should be a lot cleaner!

HI San Diego - Point Loma, San Diego, USA
11th Oct 2013

The hostel is a great place to stay at, clean, nice atmosphere, friendly staff, I reallz felt at home immediately. The only thing which is not so good is that the hostel is located quite far away from the San Diego city centre, and that public transport is not very good: a bus runs twice an hour, but only during weekday daytime. At other times and at weekends, the next bus stop is 20 minutes away and it only connects with Old Town, from where one has to take a tram to get into the city center.

Banana Bungalow Hollywood, Los Angeles, USA
6.9
8th Oct 2013

Place is okay, but only if you like to party a lot. Loud music until midnight, but quiet afterwards. I liked the fact that our dorm had its own kitchen, but the beds bunk beds were quite old and instable and when the other guy in my bunk bed moved during the night, I he would wake me up and vice versa. Also the door of our dorm would could be opened from outside without a key unless locked. With 6 people sleeping in our dorm, it was virtually never locked.

Thank you for your review of Banana Bungalow Hollywood! Reviews really help us target the needs of our guests and make improvements for the next time you stay with us! We are constantly updating our accommodations and working towards creating the safest and most fun hostel environment in LA. Make sure to visit the next time you are in Los Angeles!

HI San Francisco - City Center, San Francisco, USA
3rd Oct 2013

The hostel itself is a very good place to stay: clean, the staff are friendly, breakfast is included and a lot of activities are offered. The only thing which is not so good, but which, obviously, cannot be changed, is the area in which the hostel is located. The area is not very safe and hostel staff have to tell you which routes to take when returning to the hostel at night. And even when I took these routes, I still felt rather insecure when walking around in the streets near the hostel...

30th Sep 2013

The hostel is a perfect place to relax and spend a quiet time, especially if you just came from such busy places as San Francisco or Las Vegas. Breakfast is, unfortunately, not included, but the hostel restaurant serves great food! They try to use only organic products and even have an own garden where they grow their own vegetables. Getting to Yosemite from the hostel is quite easy, the shuttle bus ($12 for a round trip, 3-for-2 tickets available) stops just 10 minutes (by foot) away from it.

HI-Toronto, Toronto, Canada
10th Sep 2013

The hostel is a cool place to stay, staff are friendly, major tourist attractions are within walking distance, nothing to object, really. Can't comment on the breakfast though, because I only spent one night there and had to leave early the next morning.

HI-Montreal, Montreal, Canada
7.4
7th Sep 2013

The hostel is located within walking distance of all major tourist attractions. The rooms are tidy and clean, the staff are friendly and helpful. What I found rather annoying was, that when I booked via hostelworld.com, the description read "brekfast included". This, however, meant that a bowl of pancake dough was provided and that you had to cook your own pancakes with it. If you want to have a "real" breakfast with coffee, cereals and bread, you have to pay 8 $!

HI Boston, Boston, USA
5th Sep 2013

The hostel is probably the best hostel I've ever stayed at. Everything is brand new, really comfortable and quite luxurious. The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms, beds and facilities are nice and tidy. The kitchen is so qell equipped that resembles rather that of a restaurant than that of a hostel. In addition to that, the hostel is within walking distance of all major tourist attractions and also quite near to the Boston South railway station.

Q4 Hotel, New York, USA
1st Sep 2013

Everything in the hostel is quite new and modern, the facilities are clean and tidy, the staff are helpful. The only problem that I had during my stay, was that the keycard reader of my room door was broken and that I had to ask a member of staff to let me in each time I wanted to get into my room. This was a bit annoying. Apart from that, I can really recommend the hostel as it is really good value for money in New York where it can often be hard to find an affordable accommodation.