• Finland, Female, 25-30
YHA London Oxford Street, London, England
6.9
4th Mar 2014

This place was very well situated in beautiful Soho.The rooms were clean and not having to carry/pay for bedsheets was great.Cleanliness in the bathrooms/showers could have been better.The staff was terrible.They were disturbingly indifferent to the point of being rude and their attitude set an unpleasant tone for the whole place.I guess that when your hostel is so well situated, you don't have to care for the customers because they'll keep coming anyway.My advice:Take your money somewhere else!

Casa Eva Luna, Varkala, India
9th Feb 2013

This place is absolutely adorable. The house and yard are beautiful. The staff is super sweet, heartfelt and attentive. Food is delicious and rooms are pretty. The walk to the beach is about 10 min, but it's actually nicer to stay a bit further away from all the shops and restaurants. The place is hard to find, so I suggest you follow the instructions given and everything will go smoothly. Will absolutely stay here on my next visit to Varkala! Definately recommendable!

Cosy Regency, Alappuzha, India
5th Feb 2013

This was a really nice place to stay. The room was neat and big and the hotel was close to the town centre and boat docks. There's a cute roof top and restaurant with good breakfast and great indian paneer for dinner! The staff is extremely attentive, heartfelt and helpful. They were ready to give advice whenever needed and even arranged a private houseboat trip for us for a decent price! Definately recommendable!

Hotel Royal Castle, Mumbai, India
5.7
24th Jan 2013

An unpleasant place. We were told by the indifferent staff that due to insecticide spraying in our room the next day, we have to vacate the room to another hotel for one night and then vacate back the next day. The other hotel was promised to be equivalent and only 50m away. Well it was 2km away, and there were renovations going on. We decided to stay there for the remaining time anyway because the staff seemed significantly nicer. At the end we received no compensation for our troubles.

Dear Kaisa Pitkänen, Greetings from Hotel Royal Castle, I am extremely sorry to note the inconvenience caused to you due to the insecticide spraying program in our hotel during your visit. It was an unfortunate and unavoidable incident which could not have been avoided. The date by the pest control company was fixed well in advance and we were committed to honor the same. We would like to offer you our sincere opologies for the trouble faced by you. I will ensure that such a mistake is not repeated in the future. We really do care for our guest comfort. Thanks & Regards Mr. Deepak Agarwal (Director)

Panorama Guest House, Udaipur, India
20th Jan 2013

This is a beautiful place to stay in Udaipur. The location is superb, the rooms are neat, the staff is attentive, the food is good and the view from the rooftop is amazing. We came in really early by train, and although the rooms were full and check-in had not started, a place for us to sleep with mattresses and blankets was arranged anyway. This was really sweet and helpful! Definately recommendable guesthouse!

Vinayak Guesthouse, Jaipur, India
17th Jan 2013

This is a good place to stay. The rooms are beautiful and the staff is really nice and attentive. There's a roof top restaurant where you can get good breakfast until late - which is great if you are not an early waker! The dinner served is decent. The guesthouse is near the train stn but almost a 20min drive away from the Pink City, so you have to be ready to negotiate with rickshaw drivers. The manager is really sweet and will go out of his way to make you feel comfortable.

Amar Niwas Guesthouse, Jodhpur, India
15th Jan 2013

Lovely place! The family that runs the guesthouse is super sweet! Rooms are cosy and food is delicious. Location is really good, it's a 10min drive from the train stn and a short walk away from the fort. The area is calm and quiet. The absolute best thing is the amazing roof top! It's in three levels so you'll get privacy if you want it and the view is spectacular. Sitting on the roof top, looking at the beautiful sunset, listening to singing from the minarets and admiring the blue view... Ah!

Smyle Inn, New Delhi, India
6.6
8th Jan 2013

The hostel was ok when I stayed there a few years back in summer but my winter experience was a whole lot different. It was really cold, we had to buy extra blankets and sleep with our woolen hats on. The hot water tank is the size of a small bucket and water runs out in a few minutes. The breakfast is simple but good. Staff is fairly indifferent. Location is good if you're interested to stay in the heart of Delhi. So be prepared for noise, dirt and questioning the security of your valuables.

I am very sorry that you did not have a good time in our hostel. This year the winter was exceptionally harsh and we not prepared for it. We had problems with a few boilers, so we fixed them. I just hoped that you told me while you were staying there and I would have take care of you personally. I am really sorry once again and next time you are in Delhi, please do let me know and I will personally look after you girls.