Reviews: finartemis

Location: Italy, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Astor Hyde Park

I was actually surprised at finding a central inexpensive and CLEAN accommodation in London, doesn't happen very often!

It was my 4th or 5th time here, first in a 3 beds dorm, and I can't honestly find anything to complain about! Oh, yes: they should add power outlets and improve the showers, but other than that it's just a great place to stay!!

Probably the worst hostel I've stayed in on the west coast: the room was crammed, no space to walk or store your stuff, light coming from the windows, the first night was freezing and the second boiling hot. The only working shower was downstairs, women and men used the same toilets and the same two showers and furthermore you had to walk through the dining room in your bathrobe while people were having dinner. The kitchen and dining room were not very clean, breakfast was ok but limited.

• 27th Dec 2012

Thank you for your constructive comments. We appreciate you staying with us and we look forward to making the improvements to our hostel for our future guests! We have recently increased our breakfast options for the guests and are monitoring the indoor temperature more to be sure that every guest can have a great night of rest!

The internet connection works only in the common areas, not in the rooms, and it's very unstable. The whole atmosphere was kind of unwelcoming, the staff seemed to hate their job and I felt uncomfortable hanging around at the hostel. They didn't promote the activities nor had a clue about public transportation when I asked them, so I pretty much had to plan everything on my own.

• 24th Dec 2012

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

Every hostel should send their staff here and see how things are meant to be!!! Helpful staff, great atmosphere, lots of little things that make your stay a very pleasant one (outlets everywhere, individual lights and INDIVIDUAL OUTLETS!!), awesome location and all the facilities you need. I will definitely stay here again when I'm back in Frisco!

• 19th Dec 2012

The staff was very helpful, the room was clean but the other guests weren't always respectful (which you can't really do much about). The only thing I didn't like was that we were in another building and there were several flight of stairs to climb with the suitcases and all, and no elevator.

• 16th Dec 2012

Hotel Ambassador

Vancouver, Canada

I was extremely happy with this hotel and didn't expect to have this value for money!! Clean room and bathroom, towels changed every day, perfect location, helpful staff! Just keep in mind there's no elevator and breakfast is not included - but you can live with that and honestly, who needs breakfast with Tim Hortons one block away?!?

Nobody can beat the location!! Add to that the courtesy of the staff, the great free breakfast and the cleanliness and you've got a perfect stay! I will definitely come back here very soon. The only minor complaint is about the bathrooms that would definitely enjoy a good renovation, but apart from that it's perfect!

There were mice in the hostel, both in the room and in the kitchen (I already notified the Board of Health about it), the location was awful, the shuttle came at random hours, and last but not least we paid $15 for 3 set of keys but got back just $5 because apparently nobody "remembered" having received the money! They didn't give us a receipt or anything, the worse hostel I've been so far!!

The New York Loft Hostel

New York, USA

The rooms are huge, the atmosphere excellent, the staff helpful and breakfast is great! The only problem is the location, I would never recommend it to a girl alone if she can't be escorted there by somebody.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

I was very impressed by my stay at AB: friendly and helpful staff, good free breakfast, excellent location, clean and quiet... practically perfect!!

Pickwick Hall

I didn't like the fact that showers and bathrooms were in common between men and women.