YHA London Central

Really great location! Nice, clean modern hostel with great staff and attraction ticketing facilities. Our room was ridiculously small unfortunately with no where to keep our luggage that was convenient. Our shower flooded the bathroom as well, you had to use a scraper to scrap the water back into the shower! Other than those small things it was pretty good. Not really a party hostel, even though they have a bar there. Mostly families were staying while we were there. No free wifi!

• 22nd Apr 2013

Hatters on Newton Street

Manchester, England

This was my second stay at this hostel and again it didn't disappoint. Great atmosphere and had an awesome time on the pub crawl. Was situated on the 4th floor so the stairs were a workout! Excellent location for everything. The only problem was that our room was extremely hot and stuffy- windows didn't open properly. Good value for money. I found that it was pretty male dominated but that was probably due to the Manchester game that was on while we were there. Overall good hostel!

• 18th Apr 2013

Thanks for your nice review and comments!! We highly recommend our pub crawls and evening events, as a great way of socialising and getting to know your fellow backpackers, and are glad you enjoyed yourselves!! Next time you're in Manchester, we hope to see you again!! Kind regards, Hatters!

Considering how much we paid for this hostel, we were a little disappointed. It has a great location and the facilities are pretty clean. We were booked into a 6 bed dorm and it was so small there was no where to put our stuff ( the dorm was full). We moved to an 8 bed dorm and it was better. The rooms need more powerpoints. Overall it was fine, just lacked atmosphere.

• 8th Jan 2013

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

This was the best hostel we stayed at throughout our trip in the USA. Fantastic facilities, rooms really clean and comfortable! They have a downstairs area which always has something going on. Rooms are set back off the hallway so you're not interrupted by people coming home late. Awesome location. Have nothing bad to say about this place. Wish we could of stayed here longer!

• 6th Jan 2013

South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

Great location and loved the bar downstairs (very good happy hour) but this hostel was so noisy! I understand that we are in a hostel but the walls were paper thin and you could hear absolutely everything. People were playing twister in the hall until 3am and the staff did nothing to stop it. Showers had no where to put your stuff but were clean enough. Room was average size but I don't think it was cleaned in the 4 nights we were there. Not really value for money considering how much we paid.

• 27th Dec 2012

Loftstel

Washington DC, USA

Is more of a uni/intern house than a hostel. People were nice and friendly but the rooms were tiny and over-heated. Not too far from the subway and it's only a short subway ride to major attractions. Good value for money if you are only using it as a place to crash. Not great for solo travellers. Don't stay here if you are planning on going out a lot- they are pretty strict on the quiet times and there is no alcohol allowed in the house at all. Make sure you have the directions with you!

• 23rd Dec 2012

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

Staff were very friendly. When I arrived there was a problem with my room and the key system so I got upgraded to a private for free, which was very nice. I also really enjoyed the activities they have at night there (something different every night). We had free drinking games (including free sangria!) before we went on the pub crawl. The only bad thing I can say is that the shared bathrooms were very small.

• 30th May 2011