The outdoor patio is fantastic!...until you are kicked out past sunset for the downstairs bar to open. I'm paying to stay in the dorms, but they want to force me to pay for an overpriced cocktail to sit by the pool? I'm not sure about that. Otherwise, clean facilities and helpful staff.

• 8th Jan 2014

Route 39

Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed here during the riots this summer. I thought that the staff was very concerned about my safety and helpful in telling me where to avoid. I stayed here a second time on my way out to Africa. Great experience.

Hostel New King

New Delhi, India

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Koh Tao Central Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

This hostel just opened. Everything is cleaned multiple times per day. It can get a bit loud in the morning, but otherwise all was well. They are fixing the shower pressure situation. Great owners.

HI Mid Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

This was like staying at a resort. Spend the extra $2 to stay here. Nicest hostel that I've ever traveled to.

Wang Fat Hostel

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I had a hard time finding this place. I booked the hostel in this name only to find out that it went by a different name? They were helpful about the obvious confusion and placed me in a shared apartment across the street from the main hostel. It was much preferred. Thanks for everything! Don't forget to get the fantastic free coffee in the morning!

Santiago Backpackers

Santiago, Chile

Hostal Candelaria

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

We had the room to ourselves the entire stay. It was clean. Out of the center of town. I liked it. There were some loud families with young children staying there. It got a bit loud with the screaming and temper tantrums. Everything else was fine.

• 27th Dec 2012

Free international calls. Need I say more? This hostel was great. They set us up with some nice tours.

• 22nd Dec 2012

We extended our stay here. It was a pleasant surprise.

• 19th Dec 2012

Warm beds, nice bathroom, cool vibe, many common areas to relax, close to city center, great bar to have a tea. DO NOT use Bamba travel agency. They charged us 60 each for a 35 dollar bus ticket. Plus, the bus line broke down on us, so we were stranded in the middle of the country at night for 5 hrs. The hostel needs to distance itself from that agency.

• 17th Dec 2012

Dragonfly Hostels

Lima, Peru

Fernando is great!, close to the shore/shopping, surfing was close and cheap, warm showers, great rooftop patio, cool care downstairs, cheap bike rental. There was some confusion for a tour, but it all turned out well.

• 15th Dec 2012

It's a nice location. Bathrooms need help, nice food recommendation from staff, bit pricey for a 8 person dorm

• 14th Dec 2012