Reviews: sheenawmcmahon9106

Location: Ireland, Gender: Female, Age: 66

Hi Inn Taiyuan Street

Shenyang, China

The staff are nice but have no English so foreigners should be prepared for that. My single room was compact with no window and the usual Chinese hard bed but everything I could want,., There is no backpacker bonhomie here but that's what it is. The breakfast was good for 18RMB. Hi Inn is 20 minutes walk from the train station and a 4-stop bus ride to the metro station. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again. I later stayed in the Hanting Hotel (same chain) in Dandong.

• 30th May 2014

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

I have been hosteling for over 40 years and I think that the Green Forest Hostels (also stayed in Yangzhou) are the BEST! I went back to Guilin G.F.H. after visiting the rice terraces and again after Yangzhou. I wish they were throughout China. Guilin GFH could have better lighting in the bedrooms, especially at the desk but they do have international sockets. Their staff are fantastic and the location is perfect. Top marks!

• 11th Apr 2014

hello,happy to hear of your lovely stay at our hostel. our incredible are in a never ending quest to make everyone feels at home when they pass thrught our door. welcome back.

Allson's Inn

Cebu, Philippines

The room with WiFi and TV was excellent and very quiet. (You get used to the smell of ant killer before long.) Hostel easy to get to by jeepney. Too bad the breakfast takes so long to come and then is packet or frozen food.A/C is hard to control - freezing or off.

• 21st Mar 2012