Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 27

District Hotel

Washington DC, USA

We stayed for 6 nights at this hotel and had mixed thoughts. Although the location was excellent and the place was inexpensive sadly we had a very tiny room. There was no closet to hang our clothes and the walls were quite thin. Our room was clean though so I'd suggest this place if you're only passing through the city or do not need much room.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Great location, right in Times Square near the subway. The room was clean. Would stay again.

• 25th Apr 2014

Abercorn House Hostel

Great place! Friendly staff. Excellent location - walking distance to Hammersmith tube and bus station. Value for money. Room was very clean, had a bar fridge and cupboard. Kitchens in the halls were handy too. Would stay here again.

• 4th May 2013

Smart Russell Square

Staff at the front desk were not friendly nor welcoming. When checking in they only told me my room number and did not bother advising of the facilities or when breakfast is etc.

• 3rd May 2013

Britannia on William

Perth, Australia

I loved this hostel. It had a great atmosphere. The staff were very friendly and helpful whenever I had queries. I loved the outside section where you could meet other travellers. My room was very clean a great value for money. As other have stated, a great location today. I would definitely recommend people to stay here.

• 4th Mar 2013

St Christopher's Village

Last time I was in London I stayed at the Inn down the street and wished I had booked here because it had such a great atmosphere. The staff were so friendly and helpful. I really liked the chill out room too as well as the bar that served affordable meals. The free breakfast was great and my dorm was really clean. The beds were comfy too. The location is great, right near London Bridge tube and walking distance to a lot of attractions. I highly recommend you stay here.

• 4th Oct 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi there. Thanks for your awesome review!! We are glad you had a great time and got to enjoy all our facilities. For the next time if you can't stay at the Village and have a booking at the Inn, don't worry you can still use all our facilities (chill out room, cinema room, rooftop bar,...) at the Village ;) Hope to see you soon again. Thanks St. Christopher's Team

McLays Guest House

Glasgow, Scotland

This place is great value for money. The location is great as it is a short walk to town. The staff were really nice too. My boyfriend and I's room was really tidy, the bathroom was clean and the room had a tv with cable. The hot breakfast was lovely too. We will definitely come back again.

• 3rd Oct 2012

City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

This place was in a really great location and the staff were friendly. They always spoke to you as you entered and exited the building. The breakfast was fantastic, lots of fruits and cereals etc. The rooms were decorated my Seattle based artist. I really liked that they brought art to the people. A really cool hostel, definitely one of the best I have stayed at in North America. I highly recommend it.

• 20th Aug 2012

Montreal Central

Montreal, Canada

This hostel is in a great location. Very close to the bus station and a metro station. The place has a great atmosphere and the staff were quite helpful. The rooms were modern and very clean. I really liked the hangout lounge room and the free breakfast was actually really fantastic.

• 10th Aug 2012
  • Globetrotter

This was my third time staying here and I really liked this joint. Great atmosphere, free breakfast, chill-out room, bar with food and everyone wants to hang out. My only complaint this time was the the girl's bathroom was filthy but it has been clean the other times I have stayed. Great place.

• 4th Aug 2012

Hotel Trianon

Tours, France

Nice place, but be sure to note the reception hours as they close during certain parts of the day and you will have to wait to check in. The rooms were clean though and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 2nd Aug 2012

Aquitain Hotel

Bordeaux, France

This hotel was amazing! I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into my room. It was very clean, decorated nicely and had great facilities. It was a very close walk to the station and a tram into the centre of town. I highly recommend this place!

• 31st Jul 2012

Olga's Place

San Sebastian, Spain

Fantastic place. It was as if you were hanging out with family (in a good way). The staff were awesome and everyone there was willing to hang out with each other. It is a smaller hostel but I really enjoyed the kitchen and the lounge room. Great location too, right near the beach. Stay there, it's awesome!

• 28th Jul 2012

Way Hostel

Madrid, Spain

This hostel was awesome! I had a room in which we all had single beds. There was wifi in the rooms as well as lockers. The kitchen and common room were always full of people to hang out with. The location was great too. I highly recommend this hostel :)

• 25th Jul 2012

Purple Nest Hostel Valencia

Valencia, Spain

This place has a great atmosphere and I loved the showers! I enjoyed the free tea and coffee too. You can rent beach towels too if you are heading to the beach. There are lockers in the room which is handy. A great stay.

• 23rd Jul 2012

Be Sound Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Great place. I highly recommend it. I loved how your security pass also operated your locker. The staff were really friendly and the location was central. I loved the chill out room down stairs were you could hang. My only complaint is the small bathroom and you couldn't lock the shower. Other than that, a great stay.

• 19th Jul 2012

University of Bath

Bath, England

It was really cool staying in the dorms. You get a very clean room to yourself. It is also very secure. There was also hot breakfast at the restaurant which was really nice. You can easily get to town with a bus on campus (it takes about 10 minutes). I would stay here again.

• 14th Jul 2012

St Christopher's at The Winston

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is amazing. I would definitely come back. Great location, short walk to the central station and main square. This place is really clean too and the brekky was good. The staff are really friendly and always willing to help/answer questions. Great place to meet people. Only downside is that at night downstairs is a bar and there is nowhere to sit with your laptop if you want to call home or just chill. Still great place, I highly recommend it.

• 6th Jun 2012
  • Globetrotter

I love this hostel, it is the second time I have stayed here and I would recommend it to any traveller in France. The place is very clean, has a lift, is secure as swipe cards are needed to get onto each floor. Each room has lockers (bring a padlock). I the room I stayed everyone got their own single bed. There is a room with pcs (payment needed) or you can bring your own laptop/phone to use their wifi for no charge. I always meet awesome people here the bar/restaurant downstairs. Great place

• 10th Apr 2012
  • Globetrotter

Thank you so much for tyou nice comments and for staying with us. We are really pleased that you had a good stay and that you enjoyed our hostel and facilities. Please come back again... we would love you to meet more awesome people ;-)

The girls who are employed there do not want to work at all and are very lazy. There is no common room to meet people in. The hostel only cares about the bar down stairs. They set all the tables with napkins etc. which makes backpackers who want to sit down with their laptops unwelcome. You have to pay to use their lockers which are on some levels. A lot of thefts occurred when I was there. The hostel has no lift and incredibly steep stairs which is a pain if you have a lot of luggage.

• 27th Dec 2011
  • Globetrotter

Great location and very good location - close to the tube station and a lot of tourist attractions. The staff were amazing and the place had a great vibe in the bar section and common rooms. Movie room was cool too. I met a lot of awesome people there. The breakfast was good too. However, there was a lot of theft taking place when I stayed there and unfortunately I had stuff stolen. Still a cool place.

• 20th Dec 2011

Bunk Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Clean place, met a lot of cool people in the bar section. Friendly and helpful staff. You can get decent food there too. Dorms were clean. Very close to public transport. Walking distance to night hot spots. I would stay there again.

• 29th Jul 2011