Location: Mexico, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Amazing hostel!!! As if the old style japanese traditional building wasnt enough, they also have the kindest staff I;ve ever met.

• 26th Jun 2014

Khaosan Kyoto Theater

Kyoto, Japan

• 24th Jun 2014

Piece Hostel Kyoto

Kyoto, Japan

Amazing hostel with incredibly kind and helpful staff. It was ideal for me since it's 2 minutes away from Kyoto station and I was planning on taking day trips from there everyday. The sleeping holes are awesome and the beds are HUGE and extremely comfy.

• 21st Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Amazing hostel with the kindest staff, facilities are great and the design of the building is impressive.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

I had to cancel last minute but the staff was great and actually helped me cancel without charging me.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

HI nihao, Thanks for your good review, see you next time! Amelia

The Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Excellent hostel at a great location and with a dedicated fleet of tuk tuks that actually charge fair prices. Great staff. Other than the breakfast the food is terrible, don't be lazy and go eat outside. The one thing I would address is that the pool area has a ton of flies flying around, though this might be the same in all of Siem Reap. Due to charging a bit higher price (which is low for the great hostel) this attracts a bit of an older crowd from 24 to 35 instead of the usual 20 year avg

• 12th Jun 2014
  • Mexico

Hi and thanks for the full marks- and thanks also for the comments. We get very few negative remarks about our restaurant and we're also always happy to recommend some of our favourite eateries around town.Other than that,well I guess you can't please everybody all of the time. Fly numbers have increased a little in the area with the commencement of the wet season but we keep the Hostel sparkling clean and take other measures to ensure we aren't a big attraction for them. Have fun!

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The hostel is amazing, with the confiest beds that I had in 3 months and also the largest. My only complaint is I was placed right next to the bar and it was extremely noisy every night until 11:30 when it closed.

• 10th Jun 2014

The Hideout Hostel Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

When I arrived I was informed they had some problems with the electricity and helped me arrange an extremely nice night at a local house for a great price.

Smiley Backpackers

Da Lat, Vietnam

A nice little place in the middle of Dalat, with the best staff ever who helped me organize a canyoning trip which was my highlight in vietnam. The place is simple, cheap and definitely a great place to stay, close to the night market and just a short drive away from the lake.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

This was by far the worst hostel I stayed in during the 3 months I travelled. Upon arrival they informed me they were full so they were using their private rooms as dorms, which meant I didn't have a locker, the sheets smelled, the room was infested with mosquitoes, the ac didn't work properly and the advertised fan didn't exist. I am no stranger to party hostels and I know what I'm getting myself into if I book into one but this was just ridiculous.

• 28th May 2014

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Keep in mind all the Vietnam backpacker chain hostels offer the same thing, a great hostel but definitely one focused on partying. The facilities and location are great and they will get you a motorbike for 200k dong, the tours are overpriced but that´s the price they charge for comfort. I had a problem with my gas being syphoned out overnight and got really pissed about it but after talking with the manager I got enough money refunded to recharge the tank.

• 25th May 2014
  • Mexico

Easily one of the best hostels I've been at, though definitely a party hostel. Their tours are too expensive, book elsewhere but the hostel itself is amazing, clean, ordered and very well maintained (almost new). Breakfast was also quite nice.

• 12th May 2014

Phongsavanh Resort

Vang Vieng, Laos

Awesome little hotel just far enough from the loud center, great food, staff and awesome rooms.

• 30th Apr 2014

Khammany Inn Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

Cool hostel near the night market and with affordable prices, they also have the cutest puppy ever and the staff will gladly help with any doubts you have

• 26th Apr 2014

Spicythai Backpackers

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Great atmosphere and amazing staff, the beds are a bit noisy and you can´t take long in the toilet or else mosquitoes eat you alive! Great value considering how cheap it is and the staff is always ready to provide advice

• 17th Apr 2014

Ananas Samui Hostel

Koh Samui, Thailand

Amazing hostel away from the busy area of town which keeps it quiet and great to relax. Tony and his mom are great hosts and provide you with a quality stay far above what you are paying. The food is amazing, the pool cool and the hangout area perfect to meet other travellers.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

Thank you very much for your rating. It was great to have you here with us. We look forward to seeing you again.

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Excellent hostel, clean and with a clear social vibe but they still manage to keep the dorms quiet from the noise of the cool bar that they have

• 10th Apr 2014

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Amazing hostel, had a great stay. This is the kind of hostel you want if you want the occassional party night at khao san but not the nightly mandatory party that comes with staying in a party hostel. Really well located and a lot of options for food and activities around. Staff were helpful when asked about trips and the hostel really is a great place to meet other travellers willing to hang out. Also a lot of great places to nap around hah.

• 27th Mar 2014

Casa de Don Pablo Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Even after calling twice to confirm an extension and being assured there would be no problems me and two friends arrived and were informed by the INCREDIBLY UNTRAINED staff at the front desk that we had no room to stay at and the hostel was sold out. After an hour of waiting and trying to fix something they contacted us with another hostel that just happened to be near so many bars and clubs that we couldn't catch any sleep at all. Third time I've booked at Pablo's and last time I will ever do.

• 29th Jul 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hotel Sotavento

Cancun, Mexico

This hotel is preety nice and it is close to the bar area, but far enough that it's quiet and good for resting. The room had a cockroach but that's not a big issue. The internet connection disappeared at around 10 pm and we couldn't make use of it anymore. Also when we went we had to wake up early for a tour and our room had no hot water. The breakfast was amazingly delicious and plentiful.

• 15th Jun 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Hostel Quetzal

Cancun, Mexico

Amazing hostel, the owner even changed me and my friend to a bigger room free of charge. The food is preety good and dinner is an excellent excuse to meet other people! Thanks a lot!

• 27th May 2012
  • Mexico

This hostel is amazing, and the bar makes it easy to meet. They were also extremely helpful when we asked them to help us book a temple stay and helped us with everything. Also, Tomo san is great and gave us some recommendations for off the beaten track temples which were the best part of our stay in kyoto!

• 24th Jul 2011

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Great hostel! Also the staff was incredibly nice and helpful. One night they recommended we go to a hanabi festival and a big group was formed to go, it was amazing! Thanks to everyone! Specially to Kumiko and Sammy. Emilio

Hi, thank you very much for staying with us. We appreciate your rating and feedback, too. It was much fun to have you as our guests, and we are grateful that you could kindly be a leader of Hanabi viewing group taking care of other guests! Please come back to Ninja whenever you come to Tokyo again. Hope to see you again someday! Sammy

Great hostel! Also the staff was very nice. Thanks!

• 18th Jul 2011
  • Mexico

Great hostel, very confortable, helpful staff and most of all, incredible location. Thanks!

The Great Wall Box House

Beijing, China

One of the most beautiful hostels I have ever seen. Also Monica and Drew were very helpful and helped us with everything we needed to camp on the wall. Also the Tiger Dragon wall was impressive, although not a hike for people with no condition (like me!)

• 16th Jul 2011

• 14th Jul 2011
  • Mexico

Really fun hostel in an amazing location right next to the south gate.

• 10th Jul 2011

Green Forest Hostel

Guilin, China

Our room as the most confortable I've ever had in China... The beds... my god the beds... Also the hostel is well located and the staff is really kind! I got hurt during my trip and they were really worried and offered to help! They didn't mind that I canceled one of our nights at the last minute since we were going to Yangshuo and they returned my payment WITH A SMILE... And again.. the beds.

Hi, Thanks for choosing us and give us the feed back , we will try the best to prove ourselves, beds .....you like , comfortable,nice, welcome back and sleep again. Helen

This place is terrible, tiresome to walk to, surrounded with constructions to the point where you cant sleep after 6 am, there were ants. Also the pool they advertise is out of service. On the other hand the owner is a preety nice guy and they have an amazing dog that is really funny, and to be honest it does have a homeish feeling, even with all the disadvantages.

• 30th May 2011
  • Mexico

They chose the best room which is biggest and with a bathtub,3 people stay in the room,and 2 of them said there are bedbugs,and we never heard any other said about that,also we change a new room for them.They break the toliet,and dont want to compensate,the guy told me,if I Insist their compensation,he would give us a bad rateing,and now,this is it.