Reviews: danielwmh

Location Hong Kong, Gender Male, Age 25

Soul Kitchen, St Petersburg, Russia
2nd Apr 2016

I stayed in this hostel for 2 nights and the experience is superb. Firstly, this hostel is very near the historic heart of St. Petersburg, so I didn't need to take any public transport during my stay, and 5-10 mins walk would be enough to reach almost all major tourist attractions such as the Hermitage, Nevsky Prospekt, St. Issac Cathedral, etc. Facilities in this hostel is also very comprehensive, with excellently-equipped dorm-bed rooms and friendly common facilities. Perfect stay in overall.

Friday Hostel, Moscow, Russia
29th Mar 2016

The hostel has an excellent location due to its close proximity to the Kremlin Palace. Stayed there for 3 nights and the overall experience is good. The only downside is that there are relatively few bathing and toilet facilities inside the hostel, therefore sometimes other travellers would have to wait for some time for their turns.

LG Guesthouse & Hostel, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
24th Mar 2016

I was the only one staying in this hostel for my one-night stay on Mar 24th. It is very close to the train station, which was the main reason I chose to stay in this hostel since I would be catching a train on the next day, and I could simply walk for 5-10 mins to the train station. The rooms are very clean and the hot-water bathing facilities could not be more welcoming to me during cold weather. In overall, I believe this hostel offers great value for money and comfortable stay.

Keystone House Kings Cross, London, England
6.9
6th Jun 2015

There are two things I was very dissatisfied with this hostel though: 1) it charges 2 pounds per bag for travellers who would like to store their luggage in its storage room after checking out, which I have never heard of; 2) we need to wait for about half an hour from 2:30pm before we could finally check in, which I think is inefficient. The twin private room we chose is a bit small but the beds are quite comfortable. The hostel is also near King Cross, which is quite convenient to us.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your thoughts after your stay with us. The staff changes shift at 3pm, that's why we asked you to wait 10/15 minutes. I am disappointed to hear that we had not quite met your expectations on this occasion but we really do appreciate your feedback. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes

HomePlus Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
2nd Jun 2015

This hostel is directly next to Jasai Mari Ter which is extremely convenient as we can easily ride Tram #2, 4 and 6 and also metro line to explore the city with ease. Its atmosphere is also great for striking conversations with other travellers and its staff are really friendly and helpful. We immensely enjoy our stay in Homeplus.

Legend R.G, Rome, Italy
7.7
24th May 2015

The hostel is just about 5 minutes walk from Roma Termini, so it is quite convenient to us. The hostel's staff is also very helpful and patient. We also think the dining room, which is also the common area, is a great place for travellers to mingle and chat. Overall, I am satisfied with my stay in this hostel.

17th May 2014

That's my 2nd time staying in this hostel. Another excellent experience.

Tani9 Backpackers Osaka, Osaka, Japan
18th Oct 2013

Would definitely recommend any visitor of Osaka to stay in this excellent hostel!

Thank you for your comment!Firstly, we apologize for the delay in replying.Thank you for your staying with us on the last October!We are really glad to hear that you liked here.We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

15th Oct 2013

Cannot ask for a better location as it is near the Hankyu line’s station as well as the food market, department stores and more imporantly, the buses leading to all other attractions around kyoto, all within reach by foot. Hostel facilities are also excellent especially the bathroom and the common room which is a very good place to chat with others and make new friends. The only thing is that wifi signal at bed is a little bit weak that it will sometimes disconnect. Definitely recommend!

Tani9 Backpackers Osaka, Osaka, Japan
14th Oct 2013

I stayed in Tani9 for 3 nights and had a great time there. The small hostel essentially makes every resident closer to each other, and the atmosphere there is phenomenal. Ina is an extremely friendly and helpful caretaker who greets everyone warmly when they arrive and she gave me a lot of useful advice to navigate around and find places for sightseeing/dining/etc. The location of the hostel is also excellent, because downtown is within walking distance and Nara/Kobe can be reached easily too.

Thank you for your comment!Firstly, we apologize for the delay in replying.Thank you for your staying with us on the last October!We are glad to hear that you liked here.We keep it in mind and try our best.We look forward to seeing you again!!Thank you.

7.4
13th Oct 2013

If you just want to find a place to sleep with no intention to make friends, this is probably the place. Located 8n the American village, it is not difficult to find but the walk to Shinabashi or Namba does take a while. This is my first time sleeping in a capsule, and the atmosphere is like everyone just treats the hostel as a place to sleep but not also a place to chat with others. The capsule actually offers more privacy than i thought though, and sleeping in it is quite comfortable.

YHA Bangkok Downtown, Bangkok, Thailand
7.1
29th Dec 2012

The staff I met is very friendly and kindly gives me free breakfast when I'm about to check out. The bathroom is a little bit small and dirty though, and the hostel entrance is somehow tricky that I spend considerable amount of time to search for it at night.

The Mad Monkey, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
7.1
22nd Dec 2012

This hostel's got friendly staff and a great restaurant and bar. Room condition is average and hostel's location is a bit far away from city centre, but the good thing about this hostel is that virtually every driver knows about it by name (and thus no need to lay out a map for directions). Considering the price I will still recommend this hostel.

Saphaipae Hostel, Bangkok, Thailand
21st Dec 2012

I like its convenient location and helpful staff. Hostel facilities are sufficient to cover virtually any needs of a traveller. The restaurant sells food at reasonable price and it's very convenient for breakfast. Worth the money spent.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
18th Jun 2012

Great people. Great atmosphere. Great location. And hence, great value. I am very satisfied with my stay in BackHome, and would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone visiting Kuala Lumpur.

HI San Diego - Downtown, San Diego, USA
7th Jun 2011

If possible, better equip the hostel with more free map resources, especially for those going down to Tijuana. A travelling book or two are also desired on the bookshelves.

Very good point. It shall be done soon! Thank you for the feedback, and the business. -HI San Diego Downtown