BackPacker's Republic, St Petersburg, Russia
3rd Jul 2013

Pretty new hostel and they're doing things the right way! Staff were fantastic. Katya was a huge help to me to try and find my lost iphone. All the staff were great at helping to make sure i had a good time We had russian pancakes for breakfast and there was a dinner (though I missed it). Lovely people in the hostel, definitely has lots of different travellers, not just the usual fellow aussies I'm used to. It was great to speak with people from different nationalities. Perfect for me in Russia.

Comebackpackers, Berlin, Germany
8.0
30th Jun 2013

Basic but good hostel. Had a kitchen which was nice though it was small so you had to wait till others were finished. The beds were comfy, the rooms were large enough. They had a large communal room which was good for meeting people. And there was a pub crawl you could do each night, though I didn't.

Urban House, San Sebastian, Spain
5.7
25th Jun 2013

Plenty going on and great to meet people but very noisy - lots of comings and goings and echoey dorms makes it hard to sleep. Staff are great but many times you had to wait a while to speak to someone. Bunks seem very unstable, quite dirty in the dorms and sometimes cold showers. But there's not a lot of choice for the single traveller in san seb so good for that.

Meiga Backpackers, Santiago de Compostela, Spain
7.7
24th Jun 2013

I only stayed one night and it was fine for that. A 10 min walk into the centre, close to bus station, comfy, quiet. Great value for money. I would stay again

Yes! Porto Hostel, Porto, Portugal
20th Jun 2013

This is definitely one of my favourite hostels of all time. Comfortable, spacious, plenty of chances to meet people. Dinner and walking tours/pub crawl every day if you want to join. The staff were amazing and were always on hand to help out. Great experience!

Home Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
16th Jun 2013

Such an awesome hostel. I met some great people in my room and had a lot of fun doing the various sight seeing activities. Mammas dinner was a huge dinner and very tasty and Mamma was so welcoming, as were all the staff. I definitely recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Lisbon. It's easy to meet people, the facilities are great. And breakfast is also good with scrambled eggs and yogurt and fruit added to the usual cereal/toast.

Old Town Lagos Hostel, Lagos, Portugal
13th Jun 2013

Awesome hostel. Hasn't been open long but already has a great vibe. Hugo the manager does everything he can to keep your stay fun and social. Great kitchen and communal area to cook and hang out. Only small issue was late night noise from the nearby bars but if u want to stay in the centre of lagos u have to expect a bit of that. I would definitely recommend this place!

The Spot Central Hostel, Seville, Spain
10th Jun 2013

Staff were great here. Very welcoming and friendly. I almost left after the first night cause there were a bunch of college kids living there when I was. Just meant that the hostel was full of them rather than fellow travellers so I didn't meet many like minded people there. But all the activities are done with other hostels so I met people that way and my room was on the ground floor and was cool and quiet.

Cordoba Bed and Be, Cordoba, Spain
9th Jun 2013

Awesome place to stay in cordoba. Jose was great at showing us all the sights and where was good to eat. The bike tour was nice and relaxed and good to do at night time. I would definitely stay here again.

Itinere Hostel, Granada, Spain
6.9
6th Jun 2013

I booked here because I thought it would be nice and quiet... Which it was but it was a bit too quiet. There's a living room and kitchen on every floor which means u only see the people on your floor. Great if they are good people but when I was there no one was very friendly and I got a bit lonely. There were no activities because there weren't enough people and I ended up sneaking into another hostel just to do a walking tour and meet some people. It would be ok if u were with friends.

The River Hostel, Valencia, Spain
3rd Jun 2013

What a fantastic hostel! Looks more like a hotel but still has a great hostel vibe. There were plenty if showers and toilets and they were spacious and clean. The kitchen was awesome and there was a great communal area to hang out and meet fellow travellers. They also had walking tours and a pub crawl on offer for added stuff. And great value for money. Definitely book here just make sure u have good directions!

U Hostels, Madrid, Spain
30th May 2013

This was a great hostel. They had plent of activities for line travellers and a great communal area to meet people in. The rooms were spacious and clean and the showers were hot and clean. One of the good ones!

• Australia, Female, 25-30
Affittacamere Patrizia, Cinque Terre, Italy
6.7
9th Jun 2011

Was a bit strange because the first night I was in a lovely little place in a 5 bed dorm (that I'd booked). Was very clean and nice and the view was great but it was a pretty hard trek up all the stairs with my pack! On the 2nd night I had to move rooms which was a little annoying and was put in a 10 bed dorm when I'd originally booked a 5. This was a little irritating but the location was better and I knew quite a few people in the dorm so wasn't too concerned.