Location: Australia,

Robinson Sunset House

Ohrid, Macedonia

I feel so lucky to have stayed at this hostel. I was made to feel right at home. There was a wood firer for the colder nights in the lounge and the view over the lake is absolutely stunning. Andon & Tatjana were incredible hosts sharing their home and home made delicious red wine and Raika with me. You feel like you are having a local experience. I am a solo traveler and would recommend to everyone.

The Pink Palace

Corfu, Greece

This hostel is great fun. It was quiet on some of the nights I was there but still a great atmosphere. The dorm rooms are really nice and clean. The receptionists let us stay in our room until 7pm on the day we checked out because it wasn't busy. The staff wen the extra mile to make sure you were having a great time. Hire a scooter and ride around the island.

Montenegro Hostel

Kotor, Montenegro

This is an ok hostel. Good location but nothing else stood out. I wouldn't stay here if you are a solo girl as one of the receptionists is sleazy and it becomes really annoying.

Hostel Majdas

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This is a really nice homey hostel. There is a great common room and really easy to meet people. The hostel staff are really lovely and offer you ice tea, Bosnian coffee and other drinks. The breakfast is really nice and different everyday. The 12 hour tour is incredible. Can't recommend it enough. The tour guide has so much energy and is really entertaining and informative. It's a great place to chill out.

Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Urkan is an absolute legend. He takes everyone out for dinner and shows them where to go out. He tells you really interesting stories about what he and the country has been through. Great hostel.

In Old Shoes

Belgrade, Serbia

Phil will go out of his way to ensure you have a great time. He took us out and showed us around which was really nice of him. He makes it easy to make friends with the other people in the hostel.

HomePlus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

Good hostel, easy to meet people with the free dinner every second night. Staff are really nice but it's a bit far from the night action.

Flamingo Hostel

Krakow, Poland

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! Great atmosphere, location and everyone was for meeting each other and having a good time! Dave runs amazing hug crawls! Just stay here you won't regret it.

One World Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Generally a good hostel. It was kinda quiet though so I moved hostels.

Hostel Bella 269

Santiago, Chile

I just stayed here to relax before my flight and the beds are so comfy. Strongly recommend!

Casa Angel Youth Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in and I've been travelling for nearly a year in total. Great social areas, kitchen and everything is so clean.

Rossco Backpackers Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great hostel, great kitchen, tv room and great social areas to meet people.

Hostel Sheck

Tulum, Mexico

Great breakfast! The door room is basically all one room with a slight partition. You need to hire bikes to get down to the beach so try and get a hostel where this is included in the price, otherwise you have to pay another 50 peso a day.

Hostel Cathedral

Mexico City, Mexico

Manu behind the bar is priceless, really good fun. Great hostel to meet people in the bar. Only negative thing was the breakfast considering the price of the room.

Thanks for your comments! The restaurant will be under new management next month and we will certainly upgrade the breakfast. Happy travels!

Great hostel, has everything you need and really funky with a great bar.

Alpes Huaraz

Huaraz, Peru

The hostel is great but only one shower had hot water out of all the rooms and you had to wait 30mins after a shower for the water to heat up again.

Great breakfast!