Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Dirty old carpets, blackened tiles & chipped doors would be acceptable if the stay was cheap, but here the cost is comparable to a hotel, even in NYC. The hostel was clean, the staff was helpful and the location was amazing. The bar was always empty/closed. For me the deal-breaker was the wifi not working, and the note which said the wifi works sometimes and doesn't work sometime, which seems like a neglected issue. It never worked when we tried it, and living without internet is not easy.

Montreal Central

Academy Hostel

Florence, Italy

The Hipstel

Barcelona, Spain

Air Conditioner was not working for the duration of the stay. All that was provided was standing fans, which have no effect on the upper bunks. Poor ventilation added to the discomfort. I can understand it not working for 1 night, but multiple nights is unacceptable. Check-in took close to an hour. You need more than one person checking-in everyone. Showers do not have any hooks for hanging clothes. Everything else may have been splendid, but these reasons may ensure me trying another hostel.

Olga's Place

San Sebastian, Spain

Nice hostel, everyone was really helpful. Only problem was I arrived at 10:30AM & no one was awake to let me in. Luckily someone was leaving & let me in. Once I was inside the hostel, I was lucky someone tried to find the guy in charge & wake him up. I was curtly told to drop my luggage & come back in a couple of hours. I don't think it's asking for too much to have the reception open from 10AM, so you can use the washroom & ask a few questions about the city. Vueling flight lands at 8AM.

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Best hostel of the trip. Feedback, please it up.

Feetup Home Youth Hostel

Valencia, Spain

The bathroom flooring and the flooring in the room could do with a revamp. There were a couple of chipped tiles in the room. But other than that, awesome hostel. Balcony overlooking the square was pretty amazing.

U Hostels