Reviews: chessarich9589

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Hostel Pisa Tower

Pisa, Italy

The directions to the hostel were very easy to follow and well-written, and I was astounded by all the information the incredibly friendly employees gave me on restaurants, bars, etc...There is no real kitchen, so don't count on being able to cook anything (only a microwave and a few cups and glasses), but the living room and other facilities were great. The bunk beds don't even squeak when you move around! Highly recommended.

Melting Pot Tarifa has the most comfortable, relaxing, and inviting common room of any hostel I've been in. Way more cozy than my living room at home. The only thing is that everyone has to be out by 12am! With that being said, if you wanted to sleep it was possible. However, that is my only complaint about the Melting Pot Tarifa. The staff was unbelievably friendly and helpful, the kitchen was large and well-stocked, and there were two friendly, very well trained dogs to keep us company. GO!

There was no hot water in the showers! The staff was nice, but we actually felt a bit pressured to do one of the extra trips the hostel offered. The common room is on the third floor, which is a little weird and not convenient in the winter. It was really cold outside but we had to leave the door open to the common room. I imagine this would be fine during the summer, especially with the really cool bar/terrace they have. Be warned: they are very strict about the silence after midnight rule!

• 20th Jan 2012

Hello and thanks for leaving a comment. I want to say just one little thing. The hot water works well, but if someone takes a shower for a long time before you did it, you have to wait 10 minutes for recharging the hot-water bomb. I think we tell everyone that asks us about it. Greetings and thanks again for your comment.

Sant Jordi Alberg

Barcelona, Spain

Everyone who worked at this hostel was super nice and there was a great atmosphere. I was in Barcelona for a music festival so it didn't bother me that there were always people up doing stuff until 2 or 3am, but I think had it been a more normal trip this would have bothered me. However, in the morning it was silent until about 11am-1pm; really nice for sleeping in. Super clean, AWESOME location right by the buses that take you to the airport, and great staff.