• USA, Female, 31-40
Deejai Backpacker, Chiang Mai, Thailand
14th Jul 2014

I chose this hostel for its social reputation and the fact that you could get a private room for under $20 a night. It delivered on both of those counts. I met lots of great people I'm the lobby. Otherwise, it's fairly average. The bedspread was dirty, lots of bugs in the room since the doors aren't sealed, and the air conditioner dripped all night forcing me to abandon my hope of a night without ear plugs. The location is pretty far removed from the markets and restaurants.

• USA, Female, 25-30
Lub d Bangkok Siam, Bangkok, Thailand
9th Jul 2014

Really nice hostel. They have electronic key cards to access the dorm area and your individual room, so it feels very safe. There are individual lockers in each room, but note that they don't quite hold a backpack and the hole for the lock isn't quite large enough for a padlock. The siam square area isn't that exciting, just a bunch of malls, but the easy access to the sky train makes getting around very easy. I found the social atmosphere mixed, some days better than others.