Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 24

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Really fun hostel, especially if you're looking to go out a lot. They arrange something every night and the staff are pretty passionate about getting people involved. Free dinner was a plus. Would be better if they had something for breakfast, too.

Nice rooms, good kitchen, not that great an atmosphere. Had a big issue when checking in as they had charged me the wrong rate. Was told at the time there was nothing they could do as my card had been charged before I arrived!?!? Luckily, the staff the next day were able to fix it and gave me the mistaken amount back in cash. Aside from this fine.

Thank you for your comment! The interrail pass dicount you were asking for is only available if you book with us directly. Nevertheless, the first collegaue didn't explain that to you correctly. For that reason we gave you the discount as a gesture of goodwill although you haven't booked with us directly. We hope that we were able to clear up that misunderstanding and to see you again soon! Your MEININGER Team

Art Hostel Taurus

Bratislava, Slovakia

Nice hostel. Decent kitchen and comfy beds. A little difficult to get to from the train station but everything is. Close enough to town. Would stay here again.

I had a great time here! It has a nice atmosphere and a lively bar but the noise doesn't travel to the rooms. Location is good - right near train and metro. Kitchen is well appointed and food at the bar is cheap. Staff were great and went out of their way to be helpful. Fun place!

Nice hostel with very friendly staff. Great that they all speak so many languages! The guy who worked the night shift was particularly helpful when I had to check out at 5am and helped me arrange transport as well and finding tea for me.

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Very nice hostel, conveniently close to the train station. The breakfast is small but they warn you of that so it's still better than nothing. Rooms are clean, wifi is strong and there's multiple bathrooms on each floor.

Fattoria del Bassetto

Florence, Italy

I had a great stay here! The setting is beautiful and the place had a great atmosphere. Would definitely stay here again.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

I stayed for one night initially but ended up staying for another night (when I returned to Florence later that week). Okay hostel - wifi struggles to meet demand and was only available in the lobby. Staff were very helpful + nice. One issue: I thought I'd booked a "girls" room for my second night but a man ended up staying in there. When I asked the staff they said it used to be "girls only" but not anymore??? If this concerns you, it may be worth emailing the hostel to ask before booking...

Hostel Baccarat

Nice, France

I had an amazing stay here! The pasta nights and champagne nights are great fun and the whole place has a very social vibe. Wifi accessible from the rooms, rooms cleaned daily, very friendly staff (although one was new when I got there and she struggled a bit to provide information - hopefully she'll learn fast!) and great value for money! Definitely recommend.

Youthhostel Bern

Bern, Switzerland

The hostel is located in a really beautiful area right near the river. It's a bit of a walk back up the hill to the train station but worth it. The breakfast is really great and I appreciated that they gave you freshly laundered linen on arrival so you know it's clean. The price is a little high considering the facilities - you have to pay if you want a cup of tea or coffee and the wifi doesn't reach the rooms. The staff were really lovely and helpful.

The hostel is really a great place to stay, especially at the start of the trip. They have activities every night - I took part in the cocktail making class which was great fun. The location is a bit out of the way but it's very close to train stations and food. The prices is a bit high, the beds are a little uncomfortable and the wifi is a bit rubbish (slow and couldn't access it from the rooms), but it made up for it in atmosphere. Definitely will recommend!

Portal del Sur