The Royal Bayswater Hostel

On the last day I saw a very large cockroach running through the room. There are some cheap hostels out there that look great, but everything here is old. The beds creak, the mattresses are thin and hard, the pillows are tiny and there's mold everywhere. While I was there, a new floor was being put down: the new tiles were put directly on top of the old ones and the old ones were still dirty: they weren't cleaned or removed. That's disgusting. Still, you guys are the cheapest...

• 5th May 2013

Astor Hyde Park

Had a great stay! The room was nice, though the beds are old and the pillows too thin. 1 bathroom for the whole room, but there's extra toilets in the hallway. Free breakfast and nice kitchen where you can cook yourself. They have computers where you can throw money in and have internet. It was pretty clean, though the bathroom was dirty as to be expected when 20 people use it. Only real downside: 15 min walk to the tube... not their fault though. Also no shops nearby! But next to Hyde Park!

• 28th Dec 2012

Reading Student Village

Reading, England

Very happy with my stay, I loved it, my room was awesome! The only negative thing was that reception was only open on the day of arrival, after that I haven't seen the staff again. I ran out of toilet paper 2 days before I left, and found reception closed the 3 times I checked on them. Good thing I brought tissues! Also when I left, I dropped the key in a box and wondered who was checking if I left before 10.

• 25th Aug 2011