Reviews: sharon9280

19th Jul 2015

17th Jul 2015

Trippers Carpe Diem, Yangshuo, China
13th Jul 2015

I would've enjoyed my stay at Trippers very much if I was alone or with a friend - but instead, I was with my mom who can't cycle. I loved that the hostel is located just outside of town - very quiet as opposed to staying at the rowdy West Street. But that also meant it would take a 20-min walk to get to town or to simply to get food. Later on I had to move nearer to town as my mom wasn't able to take the 40-min walk (to & fro town).

CyanBox Hostel, Guilin, China
11th Jul 2015

The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. :) The beds are real comfortable and I especially love the quilt! +.+

CyanBox Hostel, Guilin, China
10th Jul 2015

Lazy Gaga Hostel, Guangzhou, China
8th Jul 2015

This place is perfect for group of friends with free Wii, pool table, etc. However, the staff aren't that helpful when it comes to giving a proper introduction of the city - I asked for a city map/tour brochures and all I was asked to do was to grab a 'food tour' brochure from another shelf. I ended up not using the brochure because it wasn't at all useful. Subsequently I asked if they have a travel guidebook/LP - again, the book is nowhere to be found.

Hi, we're currently compiling the most comprehensive bilingual map exclusively for our guests. Food tour will be included for sure. We can usually answer everything about Guangzhou better during the less busy hours. In this month, our team is going to be expanded too to meet customers' needs. Please stay tuned. Thank you for your feedback.

City Hut 1828, Tainan, Taiwan
15th Jan 2014

I like the little details added to the hostel - bed lamp, sanitary pads in the toilet (very considerate especially for girls), snacks/tea in the kitchen. Bike rental was a little expensive, and the hostel only provide 24-hour rental. Unless you're staying up all night, otherwise the remaining 12 hours go to waste. And if you return your bike late, you'll have to pay for another day's rent.

Macolor Hostel, Taitung, Taiwan
6.9
3rd Jan 2014

The hostel is operated by the owner, who's also a hairstylist, so operating the hostel is sort of like an additional source of income for him. He's rather easy going. While he was busy with his hairstyling chores, he did attempt to attend to our needs, making sure we don't get lost in the city. :)

• Malaysia, Female, 18-24
Black Bear Hostel, Hualien, Taiwan
10th Oct 2013

老闆&老闆娘HELLO! :D 老闆,政大的小妹來打我答應的101分了!:P I'm not giving Black Bear a 100% rating, I'm giving it a 101% !This hostel is AWESOME! The owner is probably one of the funniest and friendliest people I've met in Taiwan, together with his fiancée who's the sweetest! Not forgetting their dog Max too! You can be assured that all your needs and concerns are extremely well taken care of. If you're coming to Hualien, you must, MUST pick Black Bear! It's the best! :)

Tran Ly Hotel, Hue, Vietnam
6.0
28th Dec 2012

Canh Dieu Hotel, Ninh Binh, Vietnam
26th Dec 2012

The siblings were unlike your typical enthusiastic Vietnamese hotel staff - they are a little shy at first but when their guests need help, they would go the extra mile to assist you. Our phone chargers had 3-pins, which wouldn't fit into the power outlets in Vietnam. Hung gave me a ride to buy an adaptor. And when the adaptor malfunctioned, once again, he rode out to change it. They also extended our stay when we had a night train to catch and gave us a ride. All these - at no extra charge.

Little Hanoi Hostel, Hanoi, Vietnam
20th Dec 2012

We were here for 4 nights. When we arrived, we were welcome warmly by Kim. Definitely very helpful. My family loved the staff a lot. David, albeit being new and does not know his stuff sometimes (since he had only been working there for a month), was very helpful as well. No wonder the hostel was rated the best hostel. ;)