Reviews: sharon9280

Location: Malaysia, Gender: Female, Age: 24

City Hut 1828

Tainan, Taiwan

I like the little details added to the hostel - bed lamp, sanitary pads in the toilet (very considerate especially for girls), snacks/tea in the kitchen. Bike rental was a little expensive, and the hostel only provide 24-hour rental. Unless you're staying up all night, otherwise the remaining 12 hours go to waste. And if you return your bike late, you'll have to pay for another day's rent.

• 15th Jan 2014

Macolor Hostel

Taitung, Taiwan

The hostel is operated by the owner, who's also a hairstylist, so operating the hostel is sort of like an additional source of income for him. He's rather easy going. While he was busy with his hairstyling chores, he did attempt to attend to our needs, making sure we don't get lost in the city. :)

• 3rd Jan 2014

Black Bear Hostel

Hualien, Taiwan

老闆&老闆娘HELLO! :D 老闆,政大的小妹來打我答應的101分了!:P I'm not giving Black Bear a 100% rating, I'm giving it a 101% !This hostel is AWESOME! The owner is probably one of the funniest and friendliest people I've met in Taiwan, together with his fiancée who's the sweetest! Not forgetting their dog Max too! You can be assured that all your needs and concerns are extremely well taken care of. If you're coming to Hualien, you must, MUST pick Black Bear! It's the best! :)

• 10th Oct 2013

Tran Ly Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

• 28th Dec 2012

Canh Dieu Hotel

Ninh Binh, Vietnam

The siblings were unlike your typical enthusiastic Vietnamese hotel staff - they are a little shy at first but when their guests need help, they would go the extra mile to assist you. Our phone chargers had 3-pins, which wouldn't fit into the power outlets in Vietnam. Hung gave me a ride to buy an adaptor. And when the adaptor malfunctioned, once again, he rode out to change it. They also extended our stay when we had a night train to catch and gave us a ride. All these - at no extra charge.

• 26th Dec 2012

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

We were here for 4 nights. When we arrived, we were welcome warmly by Kim. Definitely very helpful. My family loved the staff a lot. David, albeit being new and does not know his stuff sometimes (since he had only been working there for a month), was very helpful as well. No wonder the hostel was rated the best hostel. ;)

• 20th Dec 2012