Nómada hostal

Valparaiso, Chile

Really really nice staff, they are quick to invite guests to events and show them around. Trilingual english/french/spanish. Excellent location too. MAJOR recommendation: lockers in the rooms. You have to be let in by a staff member so that security is good but there is no way to secure your belongings in the rooms!!!

I might skip this place if I was to return to Santiago. There is no AC so all the windows/doors are open all the time. There are lockers but it leaves something to be desired security-wise. They also play music in the courtyard VERY LOUD and late at night and since all the windows/doors are open you hear it all the time. I was going crazy when I first arrived because I just wanted a nap but couldn't sleep. And you have to pay extra for coffee at breakfast!!

This is a very nice place -- lots of plants and flowers. The owners are nice and I think they might live on site or nearby, it is a married couple and they are always nearby for questions. They lock the door at night and you have to be let in by one of them so it's pretty safe. Immaculately clean. Good wifi. I would stay here again if I was staying in this neighborhood.

Ostinatto Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Fairly average hostel, there is no AC so pray you get rooms with windows (only 2 out of 6 on a floor has them), only two showers and two toilets pèr floor. But the staff is really nice and if you have any problems they will help you, they will also help you find things in the city, the hostel has lockers to charge your electronics, good location, very clean, friendly atmosphere.

Very warm room, HOT showers, good location, nice common area, standard breakfast. As far as Uyuni goes this is probably your best bet.

VIP House

Cusco, Peru

Book an en-suite, the dorms are very cold! The other rooms are really nice. Extremely nice staff, there is a nice atmosphere that is friendly but not a crazy party hostel. Very clean, an interesting building (an old house).

Miraflores House

Lima, Peru

South Beach Hostel

Miami, USA

Rude and impatient staff, always seemed irritated and were incompetent and slow. Checking in takes twice as long as it needs to. One night the security door to get to the rooms broke, I went to tell staff and was told she knew but hadn't "gotten to it yet." I thought it should have been a priority, especially with the bar in the lobby. Upstairs one of the toilets is broken so there is basically one toilet for all females on the hall. Very VERY small rooms but I will say the location is great.

Thank you for providing your feedback, we are very sorry you were not happy with your stay however I feel you are being a bit harsh by calling our staff incompetent. Our team works very hard to keep our guests satisfied, especially during the busy winter season. With one staff member working per shift they work hard to help meet the need of every one of our 188 guests when we are at full capacity. If you felt the staff was rude I hope you were able to bring it up to management so we could talk to that staff member about it. The security of our guests is our number 1 priority that is why we have the security door to access the guest dorm area, I'm sorry it malfunctioned one of the nights you were here. As back up for the safety of our guests we have security cameras in the hallways and other guest areas that are monitored by the front desk. Along with 24 hour staff who check the guest areas regularly, each room is equipped with its own lock and only the guests that are staying in that room can open it. Lockers are provided to secure valuables in the rooms. I'm glad you enjoyed our location and we hope you will come back to give us another try as we have updated our rooms with new beds and mattresses. We are working on improving our procedures to make check in faster for our guests and we will have a discussion with the staff about our customer service. Thank you for being our guest and we hope you will come back and give us another chance.

St Christopher's Berlin

Berlin, Germany

If your idea of fun is going all the way to Berlin only to drink American beers and eat American food in an American restaurant on the ground floor of your hostel, and then to run around the halls screaming and acting like you've never had a drink before, then this is the hostel for you. However, if you have even half a brain cell, you might want to skip this place.

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear that you were not entirely satisfied with your stay. As an international hostel and bar, we try to cater for everyone which is why we have a menu with dishes from various countries and we're currently adding to this list. Whilst we don't actually have any American beers, we do have beers from many other countries and of course from Germany for a local experience. As a party hostel, if you experience issues with the behaviour of other guests, please let us know so we can help out. We've also got free ear plugs at reception for your convenience. Of course our staff are always on hand to provide any information on things to do and see in the local area so you can better experience the city outside of our hostel. We can also recommend many local bars and eateries to get a first hand Berlin experience. Once again, we thank you for your feedback and wish you all the best on your future travels, Kind Regards, The St Christopher's Berlin Team.

Impossible to find at night - don't even try it - but if you can find it you'll see a lovely hostel with great amenities, very clean and spacious and good location.

Hostal Santillan

Madrid, Spain

this place is great - definitely more a hotel than hostel. right on gran via but you cannot hear the noise. the location couldn´t be greater and the rooms were clean and spacious. would stay here again.

Fashion House

Barcelona, Spain

we had a great time here, it is a very nice place - clean, safe, affordable, really nice rooms. we would stay here again, and did on our return to barcelona. it is not a "hostel environment," it is more like a hotel. we loved it.