Location: Ireland, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Lucky Lake Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

LOVED this place. I'd like to return for a longer stay (you could stay there the whole time and not need to go to Amsterdam at all). It's such a quirky place and a very different experience from the standard hostel one. Our caravan was nice and the lounges and the outdoor kitchen are great. Plus I got some great photos of the sunset over the lake :) It is a considerable distance from Amsterdam, but the shuttle bus and metro are very quick and make it easy to get in and out - would recommend it!

• 31st Aug 2013

Aewsome! Thnaks for your kind words. We are very happy that you''ve enjoyed your stay with us!

My second stay in this hostel and it was just as good as I remembered. Our room was clean and bright, the breakfast was excellent and the other facilities (such as the bar, computers, lockers and kitchen) surpass many of the other hostels I've stayed in. Just one issue - the kitchen seemed to be missing some utensils during our stay, making it a little difficult to cook dinner. But overall, this is a great hostel and I'd recommend it to anyone going to Brussels! :)

• 26th Aug 2013

Hello, Thanks for your comment, we're happy you liked your stay with us :) I asked the manager to buy more ustensils for the guest kitchen. We're glad you liked our organic and local breakfast, our bar and its belgian beers. You'll always be welcome in here, and we wish you the best within the HI community. Best regards, Agathe

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Good hostel, with good range of facilities. The kitchen is small but open all day, which is helpful and common room is nice too. Showers and toilets are not in the room but we found them clean and useable anyway. Our only problem was that we were given a room that seemed to be a dark converted garage - and it was nowhere near as nice as any of the other rooms we saw in the hostel. If you're staying here, ask NOT to be put in the room that you have to cross the terrace to get to!

• 23rd Mar 2012

Really helpful - we got caught in the Pukkelpop storm and the hostel took a booking over the phone at the last minute and left the keys at the bar for us, saved us from sleeping in a train station ! Very big, clean and accessible with lockers and luggage storage. Kitchen is good, but you can't access the fridge until after midday. Breakfast has a good choice if you show up before 9am! One of the nicest hostels I've stayed in.

• 16th Aug 2011

hello thanks for your comments and notes happy to hear you got out ok from the festival we hope to see you again in jacques brel hostel one day and we wish you the best for your future trips within the HI community cheers phil