Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 30

The Nunnery

Best hosel in Melbourne.

K Road City Travellers

Auckland, New Zealand

Nice place but the internet didn't work at all.

YHA Whangarei Falls Backpackers

Whangarei, New Zealand

Its a bit far from the town centre but they'll give you a free pickup from the bus stop and it couldn't be closer to the waterfall.

Kiwipaka Waitomo

Waitomo, New Zealand

Iwiheke Backpackers / A-Plus Lodge

Turangi, New Zealand

The owner went above and beyond the call of duty.

Rotorua Downtown Backpackers

Rotorua, New Zealand

Nice place, didn't have any problems.

Base Auckland

Auckland, New Zealand

Arthouse Hostel

Launceston, Australia

Best hostel in Lauceston.

We try hard and genuinely appreciate the great feedback we get. Thanks for staying with us and we'd love to welcome you back in the future :)

Arthouse Hostel

Launceston, Australia

The Pickled Frog

Hobart, Australia

Flinders Station Backpackers

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

The guesthouse portion was probably the nicest drom I've ever stayed in.

Apollo Bay Backpackers

Apollo Bay, Australia

Stayed for three nights and didn't get sheets, wasn't sure who to ask to get them because I didn't know who actually worked there. Its difficult to check in when reception is closed and since the hours don't seem to be posted anywhere I found it impossible to pay (they ended up charging my credit card without telling me).

Om Tara Guest House Inn

Kathmandu, Nepal

Mountain Peace Guest House

Kathmandu, Nepal

One of the cheapest places around, and it had bedbugs.

Oak Hostel

Tokyo, Japan

Loved the onsen on the top floor, although it would be nice if there were ordinary (western) shower facilities.

Oak Hostel

Mt. Fuji Hostel Michael's

Mount Fuji, Japan

Lots of information available on whatever you want to do in the area.

JGH Tokyo

Tokyo, Japan

The place is more than a little cramped, but you're just going to be sleeping here anyway. Despite that the place grows on you after a while.

It was fine and dandy like sour candy.

Thank you for your staying! I hope that you could enjoy the time in our hostel.

Guesthouse Namaste

Kanazawa, Japan

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Loved in in-house onsen.

Nagasaki Kagamiya

Nagasaki, Japan

Staff was very helpful with my Hashima Isalnd excursion and let me check in outside of the reception operating hours.

Guest House Yahata

Kyoto, Japan

Koyasan Guest House Kokuu

Koyasan, Japan

Takama Guest House

Nara, Japan

Peace House Showa

Osaka, Japan

A little difficult to find in the dark, but excellent staff, facilities, and company to make up for it.

Cairns Beach House

Cairns, Australia

The security and the free breakfast seem to have declined in quality since I stayed here in May. Its pretty far from the centre of town but the cheapest place you'll find.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your time to give us valuable feedback. We take the safety of our guests very seriously so would be very interested to hear how you feel the security is declining, but otherwise agree we are great value for money. Our regular shuttle buses should help with the short walk into town as well - if you ever have a chance to visit us again, be sure to take advantage of them to save you some time! Cheers and enjoy the rest of your holidays :)

Corona Backpackers

Cairns, Australia

Could use some more bathrooms, the location was great. The free plate of food at the Woolshed was acceptable.

Cairns Beach House

Civic Guest House Backpackers Hostel

Townsville, Australia

The staff makes an exceptional effort to keep the place clean and it shows.

Base Airlie Beach Resort

Adelaide Motel and Backpackers

Adelaide, Australia

The Hive Hostel

Perth, Australia

Too many people staying there long term on work visa's. They seem to take over all the space in the rooms.

hi there, a fair comment from your. we have changed our policy in summer to maximum 4 weeks and we have changed the bedding configurations for better space in the room Thank You

Underground Backpackers

Perth, Australia

Bedbunkers Hostel #1

Kuta, Indonesia

A bit out of the way, and the only common area is outside the front door. Good value for the money though.

Kampoeng Djawa

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

EDU Hostel Jogja

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

I thought the free breakfast was interesting, they have something differnet every day of the week.

Six Degrees

Jakarta, Indonesia

Ran out of room for me in the dorms, but they upgraded me to a private room so it was okay,

The Highlands

Miri, Malaysia

Wonderful place, the owner upgraded me to a private room every night I stayed there.

Kinabalu Mountain Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

A fine place to spend the night, only a two KM walk to the park. Cold at night though.

Kinabalu Backpackers Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Sunwest Guesthouse

Phuket, Thailand

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

Bangkok, Thailand

Nice place to spend New Year's.

Sila Resort

Sukhothai, Thailand

Very clean very modern, outstanding value for the cost.

Ben Guesthouse

Chiang Mai, Thailand

A bit of a walk to reach everything in town, but good a lot of good information on tours in the area.

Hanoi Youth Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Hop Yen Hotel

Hoi An, Vietnam

The staff didn't seem to know which beds in the dorms were occupied and which ones weren't, several other people and I were directed to occupied beds. If you left something on your bunk they moved it when they cleaned the room and didn't replace it.

Backpackers House

Nha Trang, Vietnam

Encounters Hostel and Guest House

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Its a place so nice I stayed there twice.

Happy Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

The place had a very pleasing scent.

Bangkok, Thailand

The place was fantastic, it is a bit of a pain to get here when a bus drops you off at Khao San road though.

Thank you for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay. I'm sure next time you will find it easier to come to our hostel from Khaosan Road and you will find it convenient to get around Bangkok or to the airport through the MRT which the nearest station is 2 minutes away from our hostel. Look forward to welcome you again.

Bangkok, Thailand

It was a place so nice I stayed there twice.

Koh Tao Backpackers Hostel

Koh Tao, Thailand

Jaya Hostel & Guesthouse

Koh Phangan, Thailand

Khaolak Seafan Bed n Breakfast

Khao Lak, Thailand

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

I really liked that the place had a/c and hot water.

Golden Hill Bungalows

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

Phuket Backpacker

Phuket, Thailand

After the flea bag hostels I was forced to endure in Malaysia this hostel was a godsend. The cleanliness of the place came as a pleasant surprise.

Love Lane Inn

Penang, Malaysia

This isn't the worst hostel I've ever stayed in, the directions on how to get there leave something to be desired and the location marked on the map was wrong. The owner tried to dissuade me from useing the 3RM bus and instead offered to drive me to the airport for 45RM because he claimed that the only way to catch a 1200 flight was to leave at 0600, and even then he didn't think I would make it. Didn't see any bugs but was so paranoid of them I slept poorly anyway.

The Travel Hub

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Ringos Foyer Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

The owner is truely a man of the people. I'm sure that if you had any kind of problem that he would take care of it in no time at all. He also had a BBQ on the roof while I was there with free food and drinks, an excellent value for my money.

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

Great location, and free breakfast too.

A&O Nuernberg Hauptbahnhof

Nuremberg, Germany

didn't realize that I would have to pay extra for sheets (good thing I had a sleeping bag with me)

Hostel Hutteldorf

Vienna, Austria

A bit out of the way, but if you follow their directions it is really easy to get to.

Tache Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

It should be renamed the Lego Club, since that's what the signs next to the door say. There is no outdoor sign that identifies the building as being a hostel. Other than that no problems.

Hostel Burgas

Burgas, Bulgaria

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Staff was very helpful, never seen so many laptops in a hostel in my life. Kind of hard to talk to anyone when their all typing away on their computers and smartphones. A bit of a walk from the train and bus stations.

Stratos Hotel

Samos Island, Greece

Was a bit hard to find the hostel in Pythagorio. Had to go to the tourist information. Owner was very nice, said I could check out anytime I wanted. Quiet area, wish I had stayed longer.

Alexia Hotel and Studios

Rhodes, Greece

Very close to a lot of bars, clubs and the beach. Noisy area at night. Breakfast was English style I think.

Constantinos Studios

Chania, Greece

The owner was extremely helpful, he answered questions I didn't even know I had. Let me use the internet at his internet cafe for free (within reason). Would have been impossible to find dorms if he hadn't driven me there from his hotel location. Only real negative was that on my first night I booked a double and ended up in a three person room on a fold out couch. Did get a discount for it though

Manos Studios Hotel

Heraklion, Greece

The place is much better looking from the inside than the outside. The rooms were very clean and I felt they had a postmodern design look to them. Wasn't expecting it to be so close to the beach. The only real negative is that it was somewhat confusing as to exactly where to get off of the bus. Even though I was paying attention I still missed the stop and had to get off after the bus turned around.