Location: Philippines, Age: 41

Chan Myaye Guesthouse

Yangon, Myanmar

I knew this place was awesome when they said they were willing to book our train in advance and said we could pay them when we got there. If the hostel can trust me, I'm willing to trust them. As soon as we got there, they gave us free juice, 5-star style. The location may look like every other dingy backpacker warren in the world, but once you get inside, it's spotless. Old school accommodations but complete. Slippers, lots of places to hang your clothes, a safety deposit box outside.

• 9th Jun 2015

Second Home Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Location is what makes this hostel excellent. It is right beside Topkapi Palace. It has it's own tramway stop at Gulhane. It's near Sirkeci train station. It's near the Eminou ferry stop and Galata bridge. So if you want to tour Sultanahmet, cross over to Taksim on the other side, or go anywhere in Istanbul, it's very easy. The hostel itself is professionally run. It has strong wifi everywhere. It's clean. It's fair. Shout outs to John, Jason and especially Memo. Good work, guys! :)

• 1st Jul 2013

Pujangga Homestay

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I really liked this hostel. It was right in the middle of everything. Plus it was very clean and affordable, too. If I go back to Kuala Lumpur, I will surely stay here again. :)

• 27th Jun 2011
  • Philippines

What is there not to like about this hostel. located near the bund, really helpful and energetic staff, impeccably clean rooms, good (but not free) breakfast, free use of two desktop computers. the problem you will probably have more with is trying to get a room here :)

• 1st Jun 2011