Location Japan, Gender Female, Age 45

HomeBase Melville, Johannesburg, South Africa
29th May 2016

The hostel was in a perfect location, very quiet, round the corner from great bars, cafes, and supermarket. I was staying at double room to myself but I think it was space enough for one person. There was a nice kitchen, comfortable living room. Bathroom was a little bit old but it was clean. The wifi needs to be improved to reach the rooms I think...

Ansteys Beach Backpackers, Durban, South Africa
27th May 2016

I stayed cabin room which was very musty so I always opened the door to ventilate the fresh air but it is very nice ocean view from the room. The staff was very helpful. There is a cafe next to the hostel served a great breakfast. The location is good if you do surfing or activities but you do not, I would not recommend it.

Coffee Shack, Coffee Bay, South Africa
24th May 2016

Everybody said "Coffee Bay is very nice so you must visit!!" so I decided to and now I would say you must visit!! Don't miss "Hole in the wall" hiking tour. The guide was nice guy. The hostel is in front of a beautiful beach, great location to see the sunrise and sunset. I really enjoyed staying.

Island Vibe Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
21st May 2016

This is the best hostel I've stayed in SA. the staff are lovely and very helpful. The room was very clean and space enough. There's a supermarket, laundry, and beautiful beach. It is not a center of the city but I think I would recommend to stay.

Wild Spirit Lodge, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
19th May 2016

Awesome place to stay I was happy to and waterfalls was very nice near the backpackers. Very beautiful scenery from there, fresh air, good place to take relax. I stayed at "Owl" room with a bathroom but hot water didn't come out one night so I couldn't take a shower. Wifi was out of order at the moment so I went to cafe 20 minutes walk which was really nice!!

Albergo for Backpackers, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa
16th May 2016

I enjoyed my stay at Albergo. Very close to the supermarket, restaurants and cafes. I saw the sunrise from the dorm room, sooo beautiful!

Mile Crunchers Backpackers, Mossel Bay, South Africa
13th May 2016

Great place to stay. Close to the supermarket, nice cafes, and beautiful beach! Staff was very helpful. I liked spacious living room with reading book. I think I would like to stay again!

Banghoek Place, Stellenbosch, South Africa
10th May 2016

Staff was very helpful. Fireplace was nice. There was no rocker where my 4beds dorm room was inconvenient.

Atlantic Point Backpackers, Cape Town, South Africa
6th May 2016

Thank you very for your help. The staff are very helpful so I really happy to be staying!

13th Apr 2016

Higashikujo is not major sightseeing area but I think The Lower East Nine Hostel is very good location. It takes about 10minutes to take a walk from the Kyoto station. Everything is clean and new! The bunk bed is enough space, good to sleep. The kitchen on the second floor is simple and easy to use. Charge is a little higher than other hostel around there. But I think I will be back here again!

11th Apr 2016

Good location thats why I chose this hostel. It takes about 10 minutes on foot from JR Kyoto station. I used café at the next door was very good atmosphere but just one thing I disappointed was that one of the staff was rude to me. The room and shower booth were clean and new!

24th Feb 2016

Absolutely loved staying at On the marks. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I liked bunk beds which was a curtain on my bed for privacy. Excellent and would definitely stay here again!

Jiyujin, Kyoto, Japan
7th Nov 2015

I have visited in Kyoto so many times, I think this is one of the best guest houses in Kyoto. Good to sleep, staff was so kindness with nice smile! It is not close to Kyoto station but possible to walk. Great stay there! Thanks!

Shanghai Chi Chen Hostel, Shanghai, China
19th Sep 2015

The location was good. There are so many shops restaurants, stalls in the morning and evening near the hostel. Shower was excellent, very clean but toilet was bad smell....

thank you sooo much for not critising us, its our job to offer you a nice stay here

10th Sep 2015

Everything was good except for the fact that the location was complicated. I took a taxi at the airport, the taxi driver didn't know where the hostel is. He tried to find it but couldn't find it. I got off near the Ayala malls then I asked someone how to get the hostel. I was lucky she knew it so she caught a taxi to explained to get there so finally I arrived.

Len Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
27th Jun 2015

Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge, Tokyo, Japan
13th Jun 2015

Loved staying here. The facilities are great and the common area on 6th floor practically has a nice kitchen and living room that makes it a lot of fun. Huge bar & lounge area on the first floor was really stylish. I highly recommend this hostel.

Piece Hostel Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
30th May 2015

This was third time to stay at this hostel. Had a comfortable stay in this hostel, which was made all the more pleasant by the friendly, helpful staff. I would stay here again, and recommend likewise. Everything was perfect!!

13th May 2015

The hostel comfortable and welcoming. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Good to sleep well because of the quiet place at night. I enjoyed taking a walk around Senso-ji temple in the morning. I loved it very much.

Gion Ryokan Q-beh, Kyoto, Japan
28th Feb 2015

I booked one night here for me. The atmosphere is very warm and friendly, the hostel is very comfortable Japanese style called "Wa-fu". I really appreciated the pre check-in early in the morning and I could use the common room. The location is a pretty good near Yasaka-Shrine, Gion, Kiyomizu-temple...so many shops and restaurants, cafes....it is not close to JR station but it is easy to get everywhere by bus. Had a comfortable stay in this hostel. I would definitely stay here again.

16th Nov 2014

It was easy to find the hostel but it was a little bit far away from the train station about 20minutes to walk. The room was very clean and comfortable. The free breakfast was simple, nice dining room.

Tchaikovsky Hostel, Split, Croatia
7th Nov 2014

Everything was good except for the fact that there were no renges in the kitchen but it was ok there was a microwave.

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia
4th Nov 2014

The staff was helpful and friendly.Great hostel I've ever stayed, felt at home but the room was not enough space to open the baggage.I was worried about the security because there was not a room key and nobody at the reception.

Hostel Sunset, Zadar, Croatia
1st Nov 2014

Everything was perfect!! The hostel owner was very attractive, friendly and helpuful. I always felt at home. It took 20 minutes from the bus station, hard to find the hostel, but the harbor was nearby so I got up early in the morning to see the sunrise. It was very impressed! I loved to stay there.

Old Town Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
29th Oct 2014

This is one of the best hostel I've ever stayed. Ana, hostel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable, huge space. Kicken was small but clean, useful. Location was nice between the train station and Old town, supermarket nearby. I think I'll back again!

Hostel Tivoli, Ljubljana, Slovenia
25th Oct 2014

It takes about 15 minutes on foot from the train(bus) station but I could find the hostel easily. The bunk beds・・・triple beds were so high! My space was the top of the bed. I was scared of it. Breakfast was good but dining table was so small I needed more space.

Hostel Mitte, Brno, Czech Republic
21st Oct 2014

I stayed 3 night at 6mix dorm room. The room was enough space, bathroom was clean, the kitchen was nice. It was nice breakfast; bread, cheese, ham, vegetables, fruits....There's cafe downstairs, coffee was delicious and 10% discount for the guest! I love it.

Hostel Krumlov House, Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
18th Oct 2014

I came here by train at night. The reception opens until 20:00 so I need to take a taxi to the hostel but there is a busterminal nearby around 10minutes on foot. The map which they gave me was very useful. The staff was very helpful. My only minor issue is that the bathroom's drain clogged up, and someone who stayed another room came to use the bathroom was annoyed.

Hostel Kombinat, Wroclaw, Poland
15th Oct 2014

I had a comfortable stay at female dorm. The bathroom was always clean, the kitchen was a small but useful. It takes about 10minutes to the train staion, 15minutes to the bus staion on foot, close to the old town, there are so many shops around the hostel, very quiet....good location! The only thing I picked up on was that when I checked out in the early morning, just left the key on the table if the staff was not there.

New World St. Hostel, Warsaw, Poland
13th Oct 2014

I booked 10mix dorm but it was 12mix dorm. It sometimes happened so it was not big problem. But my room was very messy, bad smells, I needed a fresh air. Kitcken was nice and staff was always helpful. The location was very nice, I liked it very much at the next door's bakery was delicious and good service, so many cafes and restaurant around there. It took 10minutes to walk to the subway staion.

The Monk's Bunk Kaunas, Kaunas, Lithuania
11th Oct 2014

It took about 20 minutes on foot from the train station ok but it was difficult to find the hostel because there is no sign on the street so I asked someone who around the work there. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly.Kitchen was small but easy to use, comfortable. There are many cafes and restaurant. I got some great people staying there. Really enjoyed it. Thanks!

Home Made House/Hostel, Vilnius, Lithuania
8th Oct 2014

The hostel is located between the main railway station (bus terminal) and the historic centre of Vilnius. .So it is possible to walk from the train to the hotel unless you are lugging really heavy bags. The room was nice and clean. Everyboday said that the shower room is only one but I think it is ok. The owner is very very kind to the guest. The most impressed thing was that she served the warm breakfast different menu every morning. Thanks for everything I really enjoyed my stay.

Seagulls Garret Hostel, Riga, Latvia
5th Oct 2014

Easy to get to the hostel from the bus station, the shopping center is nearby, a few minutes to walk to the old city, so many restaurants and cafes. The room and bathroom is always clean but the bed was not comfortable for me. Hostel was great value for money.

2nd Oct 2014

It was very easy to find, took approximately 30 minutes on foot from the ferry port but was not bad because walking while watching cityscape of the old city so nice. The building is old but comfortable, clean, particularly wooden bed and mattress were excellent. Really enjoyed my stay in Tallinn.

Crafoord Place, Stockholm, Sweden
1st Oct 2014

I arrived at the central station and I got the map from the hostel by email, it was very easy to get there. Thanks for my reservation arrangement to my changed schedule faithfully. The room rate was different from the weekend in weekdays so calculated that become low. I thought that I was very conscientious. Very calmly place, staff was very helpful, the kitchen was very nice!

Schanzenstern GmbH, Hamburg, Germany
22nd Sep 2014

I arrived at another hostel where Aitona was. The staff was very kind to explain how to get to THIS hostel, and I finally found "Schanzenstern GmbH" When I checked in, the receptionist already knew to me because Altona's staff told her about me so I reaaly appreciated it. The room was clean, towels was for free, the bed was comfortable. I had a breakfast paid 7.50euros, it was really nice.I think I will be back again.

Hostel Gastama, Lille, France
17th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed staying for 2nights. The room was huge! Everything was new and clean. There is a kitcken which is very useful and clean like at home. It took more than 20 minutes on foot from the Lille station not so far but cobble stone pavement is hard to walk. I think I will be back again!

YHA London St Pancras, London, England
15th Sep 2014

It is very close to Kings Cross station that I made reservation. Very clean room, bathroom, cozy cafe on the ground floor. I stayed 5beds rooms which was comfortable, space enough. I used the washing machine and dryer, it did work very well.

11th Sep 2014

I arrived at Luton airport. It was easy to get to the lodge. It is very quiet area I like it. Breakfast was simple but enough. Bathroom was always clean. The room was small but it was functional locker with the key card.

Reykjavik Downtown Hostel, Reykjavik, Iceland
7th Sep 2014

The room is enough space, clean, the kitchen is useful. There is a washing machine and dryer which was good condition but it costs 1000ISK expensive! The staff is very kind and helpful with smile I was impressed. Very cozy hostel I think I will be back again!

Akureyri Backpackers, Akureyri, Iceland
4th Sep 2014

I really enjoyed my stay in Akureyri backpackers. The location was parfect, There is a bar on the grandfloor which is nice atmosphere, kitchen is not enough space but useful. I think I will be here again if I have opprtunity to visit!

Hlemmur Square, Reykjavik, Iceland
3rd Sep 2014

I stayed 14mix dorm room. Enough space, comfortable beds. Just one thing I was confused that sometimes the card key didn't work to open the another door to take showers and use the restroom for female.

Perminalen Hotel, Oslo, Norway
2nd Sep 2014

Would be nice stay there. Breakfast was perfect! Quiet place. I love it.

Kayun Hostel Downtown, Kuta, Indonesia
27th Jul 2014

I stayed female dorm for 1 night. The room was enough space but extremely messy. I think that it depends on the person. I didn't sleep well because of the loud music from the neighboring club. But the bed was huge and comfortable, breakfast was nice, living room was nice atmosphere. I think I will be back here again!

United Backpackers, Melbourne, Australia
24th Jul 2014

The messy room I stayed....I could not bear to be in there....but the perfect facilities

Hello there, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm super glad to see there was lot's you loved about your stay with us! Unfortunately sometimes guests do allow their belongings to spread across a room don't they! We do our very best t encourage people to be tidy! Happy Travels, Jess, Operations Manager United Backpackers

Depa House, Ubud, Indonesia
12th Jul 2014

The room was old but clean, comfortable bed I liked it, nice breakfast, shops and restaurant nearby... It was very nice to stay at this house like becoming a member of family. The owner was kind to me and very helpful when my bus to the air port had been canceled, he managed somehow to get a ticket. Thank you very much for everything!

Bening Bungalow, Ubud, Indonesia
10th Jul 2014

There are 2 Bening Bungalow in Ubud but I didn't know that when I got at the other one. The owner picked me up to take the Bungalow which I booked. He is very kind and helpful. The room looks old but huge. Nice hot shower, table and chairs outside, wifi was good condition, they have a rent bike which is new...I loved to stay. Thank you so much!

Demank House, Ubud, Indonesia
7th Jul 2014

I stayed 3 days at Demank House. The most impressed thing is that a young girl who helped everything to me as I arrived.She is a daughter of this house. The owner is absolutely fantastic person. My room was so huge. The bed was comfortable to sleep, breakfast was nice. I really enjoyed staying there. Never forget.

Sindu Guest House, Sanur, Indonesia
4th Jul 2014

Great experience to stay in Sanur! It is close to the beach, so many cafes and restaurants, warung near the guest house. The staff are so kind.I love them. There is a nice terrace with nice breakfast! Just one thing the room was dark so I always turned the light on.But I like staying there. Wish i could be back again! Thank you!

Piece Hostel Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
21st Mar 2014

This is second time to stay here. Everything is parfect! 5minutes to walk from JR Kyoto station, very quiet place to stay, the staff speak English fruently , nice shawer room, nice free breakfast. The room was small but it is ok! I'll be back here next time!

Guest House Heiwa, Miyazaki, Japan
9th Sep 2013

I was very satisfied with staying there especially for the owner who was attractive and warm hearted. Really enjoyed everything! It was impressed to me. Wish I could stay the house Heiwa again!

Green Guest House, Kagoshima, Japan
7th Sep 2013

There are so many shops and restaurant, close to the ferry tarminal I think it is good location. The staff was very friendly. But The dorm room was shabby and I thought that there were few shower rooms for the number of the hostel guests.

Aso Base Backpackers, Kumamoto Pref Volcano Aso, Japan
3rd Sep 2013

I have never stayed such a lovery guest house before!! Awesome! Everything was perfect! I had wonderful experience while I was staying there. I will be back soon.

Hiroshima Hana Hostel, Hiroshima, Japan
31st Aug 2013

Very nice location! It takes 3 minutes from JR Hiroshima Station and there are so many cafes, restaurants, Japanese style bar "Izakaya" and convenient stores. The staff is very kind and friendly. It is ideal for facilities in there, kitchen has everything what I wanted to use and very clean. Anyway I felt at home. I like it very much!

Thank you very much for staying at Hiroshima Hana Hostel also your comment. We were very happy to hear that you felt like at home!!! Hope you had great stay!! Hope to see you again!! Thanks a lot!! Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Shodoshima Olive Youth Hostel, Kagawa pref Shodoshima Island, Japan
6.9
29th Aug 2013

I stayed 2 nights due to International Art festival "Setouchi Triennale 2013". Really enjoyed staying. The location was good close to Kusakabe port about 20 minutes on foot. It is in front of beautiful inland sea Setonaikai. The staff was nice but the only problem is that there is not the staff at the front desk.

Dear guest Thank you for your stayed our hostel and wrote comment. We were very sorry to wait in front of front desk. This is what happened because it is operated by staff less us. I will be careful in the future. Thank you for pointing out. And Thank you for praise Seto Inland Sea, the location, the staff. We will continue to operate in the future to be a more wonderful inn.

Q4 Hotel, New York, USA
4th Apr 2013

It was very easy to find the hostel from the metro station, there are some shops, restaurant. The room was simple and modern style I love it, but I felt the staff was not friendly when I checked in they didin't do explanation of facilities.

Hi! Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. We're glad you like the hotel and the area. We will address your concerns, as it is very important to us that all of our guests have a memorable experience while they stay with us. Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. (search Q4 Hotel) for upcoming events, deals, and tours. All the best, Kevin Feldman Q4 Team

HI Boston, Boston, USA
2nd Apr 2013

Perfect! I think I would like to stay again!

Central Park North, New York, USA
2.0
1st Apr 2013

I think it was the worst situation I've ever made a reservation. I was looking for the hostel counting on an address but I didn't find it, there was "Rent" sign on the window, and I made sure that I asked someone who said address was correct. So I tried to call the hostel but there was only the sound of the answering machine and I tried to look for the place where the wifi available Starbucks coffee I found it, and I sent email to the hostel but not yet the reply. Now I request deposit refound..

Casa Roja Cancun, Cancun, Mexico
28th Mar 2013

It was nice stay there for 3 nights, very quiet place. I stayed at single room with a small fridge, fan, and bathroom like a hotel room. There are a nice Italian restaurant near the Casa which was good. I think it was far away from the centro, bus tarminal, I was able to walk, it takes about 30 minutes on foot. The owner was very nice person, he explained everything to me so my staying was confortable.

Haina Hostal, Cancun, Mexico
18th Mar 2013

Close to the ADO bus terminal, so many shops and restaurant around the hostel, I think it is very convenient place. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The building seems old but it keeps clean. I'd like to stay there again.

Grand Hostal Playa, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
15th Mar 2013

There was a huge and clean kitchen, free breakfast was average, just toast and coffee. The staff always kept cleaning. Shawer was not hotwater. I think I will stay here again if I have opportunity to come. Nice hostel.

La Casa del Tio Rafa, Merida, Mexico
13th Mar 2013

close to the bus tarminal, the room looks old but clean. Free breakfast was nice. It was comfortable to stay there.

Puerta Vieja Hostel, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
10th Mar 2013

Very clean, the staff was helpful, close to the Zocal, there are so many restaurants and cafes, the room was tidy, Bed was comfortable. I'd like to stay there again. It was one of the best hostel I've stayed.

Cielo Rojo Hostel Oaxaca, Oaxaca, Mexico
7th Mar 2013

I stayed for 2 nights at this hostel. It was easy to get there from the bus terminal about 15 minuted on food. The staff was helpful. I wanted to wash my clothes, they have a laundry machine but no dryer. But no problem they have a place for a drying clothes on the roof. It cost 35 pesos for using machine. Free breakfast was nice the first day, I think it depends on the timing. Anyway I enjoyed staying.

Azul Cielo Hostel, Oaxaca, Mexico
5th Mar 2013

• Japan, Female,
Hostel Casona Poblana, Puebla, Mexico
3rd Mar 2013

Good location, the staff was very friendly, I felt comfortable to stay but the house keeping didn't work.

Suites DF Hostel, Mexico City, Mexico
1st Mar 2013

Great experience staying at Suites DF hostel for 2 nights, wish I could stay longer.The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast was good! It is easy to get here from the airport and TAPO (bus terminal) by metrobus.

Downtown Beds, Mexico City, Mexico
26th Feb 2013

Great location, the staff was friedly and helpful, very clean room and bathroom but the breakfast was not good.

Hello! Thank you for your review! It is really important for us to hear our guest comments, that is the only way we can be better! We are happy to hear you had a good stay here! Warm regards

Supertramp Hostel, Machu Picchu, Peru