Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 29

Sandakan Backpackers

Sandakan, Malaysia

North Borneo Cabin

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Great hostel and friendly, helpful staff. I love the balcony space on each floor, nice space to relax and socialize.

D'Villa Rina Ria Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

Great place to stay before a climb up Mt. Kinabalu. Short walk to the park headquarters. They also have a small shop to buy anything you may need last minute for the climb, I bought gloves and a warm hat, which were much needed. The view is also really nice.

Borneo Backpackers

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

“I had originally reserved two nights at this hostel but checked out in the middle of the night (2am) my first night there because the beds were full of bed bugs! The girl on the bottom bed of the bunk woke me up she was scratching so much and we looked at her bed, it was swarming with bed bugs, killed 8. Then I saw them in my bed. The first clue should have been the missing mattress from one of the beds in the room. Told the staff we wanted to leave and they immediately refunded the full money.

Nomad Borneo Bed

Kuching, Malaysia

Loved this place!! Chris and Mr. T are wonderful. They really make you feel at home and are beyond helpful with information and suggestions on things to do. A few of us were lucky enough to be invited to go to a longhouse of the family of Mr. T. Amazing experience. I will cherish the times in Kuching!

Fernloft City (Chinatown)

Singapore, Singapore

Auntie that runs the place great! The breakfast is simple but does the job. Awesome location, right next to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.

Newland Hostel

Da Lat, Vietnam

Great location, friendly staff. The only problem is the close the doors early at night and sometimes don't open them till after 8am and it was hard to find a staff to let us out in the morning. Breakfast is fine and changes daily.

Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

Sunflower is a little further from town (not a big problem, it's walkable or even better, a bike lady just out front rents bicycles for 20.000 Dong per day) than many other options that offer dorms beds, not many are listed here on Hostel World. The staff is wonderful and quite helpful. They rooms were clean with a great, separate shower in the bathroom! There is also a pool and a lovely outdoor seating area. The best thing about the hostel, and what you are paying for, is the buffet breakfast!!

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

Great location, near all of the sights, night spots and many delicious local restaurants. Short walk across the river to the Citadel. Friendly staff, clean rooms, great balconies on each floor.

• 24th Dec 2013

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Great location, friendly staff!

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Nice staff, great location, about a five minute walk to the night market, pub street and the central area. Nice clean pool to swim in, a lawn for relaxing and a great little bar.

• 1st Dec 2013

CheQinn

Bangkok, Thailand

Great hostel, easy to get to on the BTS and very clean. Not too close to the regular backpacker area which was a nice change. Nice common area.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Overall, I really enjoyed this hostel. I stayed here with a friend for a few nights and we were in the 22 bed mixed dorm. The common area & food offering was great. The ladies room only has two showers so there was sometimes a wait. The hostel smells fresh and has one of the coldest AC's I have ever had in a room. My main complaint was the on my 3rd and 4th nights of staying here, I was attacked by bed bugs which the hostel didn't want to admit it and it took much talking to get my bed switched!

Great hostel! Social and welcoming atmosphere. Much better than the Prague St. Christopher's!

Wow... thank you !!!! We are so happy you had a great time in Paris. We would love to have you back and we would make sure that you had another wonderful time again ;-)

Greg & Tom Party Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Fantastic staff!! Great food, fun and friends here. Loved ti here in the hostel and this city. Extended the stay two more nights.

Wombats City Hostel Munich

Munich, Germany

Hobo Bear Hostel

Zagreb, Croatia

Rising Cock

Lagos, Portugal

Mama's breakfast is the best!! The people staying there were strange. Great town!

Rossio Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

There is construction going on but it was not an issue, not noisy. The staff does not know where to tell you to go for a good museum or drinks. They were not helpful. My key card reset everytime I swiped it so it was only good to open the dorm door once and then it had to be reprogrammed. Nice lobby and bar but no one was down and enjoying it, not a social place.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

The hostel is beautiful, new and clean. Only down side is that it is not set up as a social hostel. The bar and restaurant are a great convenience but not acceptable to meeting people; just feel like any restaurant. No true common are and no kitchen (or alternatively, included breakfast) is a huge bummer for the price.

Hostel Possonium

Bratislava, Slovakia

Great place!! Brand new, stills smells new. Huge room, my 6 bed dorm was the size room some places will squeeze 10 beds into! Awesome staff and information on the city. The market nearby is wonderful.

Central Backpack King

Budapest, Hungary

Amazing staff!!!! One of my favorite little hostels. Great location.

Balmers Herberge

Interlaken, Switzerland

Fastastic town, beautiful area, great hostel, fun biergarten and Metro bar, amazing staff. Everything was great; spent a night in the tents and a couple in the main hostel, both were fantastic. Cannot wait to get to Interlaken again!

Green Lizard Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

This hostel is great, it is an actual hostel, not many in Hvar or Croatia. They staff working there is great! However, the manager is very unfriendly and shuts everything down and asks guests to leave at 10:30pm even though the quiet time is not until 11pm. Nice location, very social guests.

• 26th Jul 2011
  • Globetrotter

Yes, there was an occasion when we had to close the terrace early because of the noise. It is a residential area and we get quite a few complaints but one of the staff members would take the whole group to a local bar, so everyone can have a couple of free shots and keep partying. We're sorry if it looked like the management don't really care but they are only looking out for everyone.

The guide for the afternoon street art walking tour never showed up, which was a complete bummer, there were about 20 people waiting. The hostel itself was great!

Ostello Dante

Ravenna, Italy

The room was a little cramped with 8 beds and lockers but overall the place was great! Awesome staff and location.

Student's Hostel della Ghiara

Reggio Emilia, Italy

There is one key per uroom so if you arrive late or are out late you must knock and wake the other guests. I would suggest having on key per guest.