Turpan Dap Hostel

Turpan, China

Amazing super professional staff. Nice terrace. It was too cold since winter is coming, but they close for the season, so I guess the lack of heating doesn't matter too much. Friendliest and cutest dog ever!

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Costa Rica

Staff was really friendly. We appreciated the free pick up service from the train station. However, the hostel needs a lot of renovation. It's depressing: very dark hallways, dim lights, old furniture... . Rooms are cold and electric blanket didn't work. DONT TAKE the afternoon trip to Danxia with them. They leave too late for the sunset and the park is a lot bigger than we expected, so we ended up rushing and we didnt see the whole place, a pity because it is amazing and def deserves more time.

• 19th Oct 2015

Lazy Gaga Hostel

Guangzhou, China

This hostel is QUALITY. I have been to 64 countries and Lazy Gaga is one of the best ones I have stayed so far. Facilities are incredible: they have a Wii, a kitchen (which is somethig you dont see very often at a hostel in Asia), pool table, excellent WiFi, bunk beds are almost queen size (something I have never seen before), comfortable common areas, amazing staff, enough outlets per bed, nice decoration... One of the best hostels ever! Stay here!

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Costa Rica

Very good choice in Beijing! It's very well located, they have useful staff and they do have a kitchen and breakfast included, which is something I've been missing for a while in Asia. Wifi is quite good. Cozy room downstairs to chill and watch TV. Thumbs up for this place!

• 28th Sep 2015

Happy Dragon Courtyard

Beijing, China

Nice place, but I was not so thrill about the location: it is in an alley and you have to walk for a while to get to shops and the subway. Not too many choices for eating around. Dorm didn't have a window, so it was kind of smelly. Staff was nice. Bar is overpriced. WiFi was good.

• 21st Sep 2015

Xi'an See Tang Hostel

Xi'an, China

The hostel smells new still and it is very well decorated, especially the rooftop. You can see that they put a lot of effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible. WiFi was decent, even in the dorm: I was able to skype from my bed. The location was superb: on this beatiful calligraphy street, close to the wall, close to the subway, close to the muslim quarter, I never needed to take public transporation, except to go to the train station. Good choice in XiAn!

• 14th Sep 2015
  • Costa Rica

Thanks for your good review.we are so happy to hear that you are satifised with our hostel.and your compliment really make us feel that this job is meaningful.All of us will try our best to make every guest from every corner of the world feel at home.Hope to see you again.

Stay Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

I can't say enough good things about this place: the most professional and friendly staff EVER, amazing breakfast, spotless room and areas, very well located... No wonders why they have such a high rating. They totally diserved it! Thumbs up for this place and thank you very much for everything and for letting us play with your French Monopoly. :)

• 27th Aug 2015
  • Costa Rica

Hello Thank you very much for your warm comment. We hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip through Vietnam as much as your stay in Hue Gaulthier

Sheebang Hostel

Puerto Princesa City, Philippines

They have the best staff in all Philippines. Since my boat to Coron left late at night, they allowed me to stay in the room until I needed even after check out. Nice bar and restaurant, excellent wifi. It is far away from town, but you can get a tricycle and move around.

• 17th Apr 2015

Agga Guest House

Yangon, Myanmar

The location is OK, but not very near from main sightseeing points. Staff is friendly and they try to help you as much as they can. It is an average hostel and considering prices in Myanmar is cheap. Breakfast can improve.

• 27th Jan 2015

Tipsy Manor

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Staff was really helpful, they helped me to book my bus ticket even when I was not there because of an emergency. The location is a little bit far away from the center, but it is still a walking distance. Good WIFI and a pool table downstairs :)

• 20th Jan 2015

City Home Guest House

Chiang Rai, Thailand

Well located, good WIFI. Love the free coffee and water.

• 17th Jan 2015

Happy Guesthouse Sukhothai

Sukhothai, Thailand

Well located. Staff doesn't speak too much English but they accomplish the tasks. Godo value for money.

• 15th Jan 2015

Feel At Home Backpackers

Bangkok, Thailand

Staff was the most polite and kind I've met so far in Thailand. Location is great, because it is near Kao San Road and there is only a walking distance from main tourist attractions, but you can still get a good night sleep. Rooms on the 4th floor don't get wifi and the matress is so thin, but they moved me to the 2nd floor after the first night. A good design renovation will take this hostel to the next level, but it is ok, great value for money.

• 7th Jan 2015

Jizo's

Koh Tao, Thailand

It is very well located, just in the middle of everything in Sairee. Good to have AC, but the staff turns it off randomly. No space between beds, so if you are claustrophobic avoid it. Good Wifi.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Ko Tao Dive Dorm

Koh Tao, Thailand

It's a nice place to stay: very clean, with a lot of facilities, but it's far away from Sairee beach, where most of the action takes place. That's a pity, but on the other hand, if you want some peace, it's good. They didn't pick me up from the pier as they said on the website, but they gave me a discount after an argument (the girl from the reception didn't seem happy at all because of this). WiFi didn't work in the dorms, but besides that, I think it was fine.

• 2nd Jan 2015

Stones Bar Dorm Rooms and Restaurant

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

If you want to party this is your place. If you want to sleep, skip it: there's no way to avoid party.There are too many beds in the dorms,so there is not even space for the backpacks and walking. It's a terrible idea to put so many people in one room. Each bed has a safe, but there is no space for a laptop or something, like with regulars lockers. They need to improve internet conection and have more hours in the reception. If you need something before 10 am and after 7 pm then you are screw.

• 19th Dec 2014
  • Costa Rica

Thank you for your comments, we do have larger safety deposit boxes in reception which you can use free of charge, however as you mentioned reception is open from 10 am - 7 pm, but there are always staff around who can help with anything that might come up. And if people need to check out early, we are always very flexible in opening earlier or staying open later. Regarding the internet, we do have 2 routers but being on an island in the middle of the sea the internet might not always perfect

Paradise Dorm Room

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

It's very simple: only two dorms with bathrooms, so basically it's just a place to sleep and that's all. There is not even a reception area, but there's a table outside, so you can drink and meet other travelers. I think they do the best with such a small space. I like the free coffee! Its well located, very near to a 7-11 and other places.

• 18th Dec 2014

Kang Travellers Lodge

Tanah Rata, Malaysia

It's well located and I love the bar next door. An extra blanket and free coffee and free drinking water would be great.

• 29th Nov 2014

Ringos Foyer Guest House

Melaka, Malaysia

Ver well located, nice staff willing to help you, lovely terrace, good WIFI connection... Thumbs up for this place!

• 26th Nov 2014

Neverland Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Despite cleanliness is not the best, I love their breakfast, love the concept of the hostel, love the location, so it seems I will keep coming back.

• 5th Nov 2014

Neverland Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

They have a very cool concept as a hostel. The breakfast is amazing and the owner (I guess is the owner) is really nice. However the rest of the staff is pretty useless, they speak bad english and they seem to know nothing, I think guests know more about Istanbul, really. It's not clean, no wifi in the rooms and there are not many plug ins. Those things are really simple to fix and it surprises me they have done anything to solve them since the hostel has a lot of potential.

• 25th Oct 2014

Negombo Beach Hostel

Negombo, Sri Lanka

Good staff, very near airport. Wifi didn't work at all.

• 16th Dec 2013

Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Great place to meet other travelers, lovely staff, quite and close to the beach. Far from the city center but with bus you can move easier than you expected. My only complain is why they turn off the wifi at 11 pm.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Costa Rica

Best place to stay in 3 months travelling in India. It's hard to leave: came here for 2 days and stayed for a whole week. Thumbs up for this people! :)

• 5th Nov 2013

Udai Haveli Guest House

Udaipur, India

Friendly staff, good location, but they need to work a little bit in the decoration, since there are nicer places for similar price.

• 28th Oct 2013

Zostel Jodhpur

Jodhpur, India

I had THE BEST TIME in Jodhpur thanks to Zostel! This guys are pros. I think India needs more places like this to stay: a very social atmosphere, very well decorated, super clean, THE MOST FRIENDLIEST STAFF ever, good internet, ac in the rooms, safe You can see immediately they have been researching how to make a hostel the best way possible: they have a concept and they are always working to improve. Thumbs up!

• 17th Oct 2013
  • Costa Rica

Dear Customer Thanks for completing a review on your recent experience with Zostel. We are glad that you liked our staff, especially the awesome host - Abhishek and other all the other services that are part of our portfolio. We are striving hard to arrange international amenities and give travelers a great experience. We hope to see you in the future at all Zostels and again we do appreciate your feedback. Kind Regards Zostel

TwinCities

Rome, Italy

Caterina and Francesco were wonderful, really, really nice persons. I am very happy I stayed here, I recommend it 1000000000%

• 8th Apr 2013

MPS Waterland Amsterdam

Amsterdam, Netherlands

A very nice gentleman the one who runs the hostel. We were completly happy with his help. Thumbs up for him!

• 29th Mar 2013
  • Costa Rica

Very friendly staff (especially Sofia, who is such a sweet person and who always had the kitchen spotless!). Good atmosphere, good location and they had the best lemonade and coffee! However, an extra bathroom and maps for the guests will be appreciated.

• 12th Mar 2012

Musicology Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

Its one of the best hostels I ve ever stayed (and I ve been in a lot of them). GREAT STAFF, GREAT ATMOSPHERE, you feel like you are part of a small community since the first moment, My only complain: the first night the blanket was way too smelly and the sheets dont fit on the matress. But besides that I recommend it 10000000000%!

• 2nd Mar 2012