Reviews: vortex_sanjose408

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 36

Managua Backpackers Inn

Managua, Nicaragua

It doesn't take USD$20 to take taxi from the airport, walk out the airport to the street and you can get a taxi for C$200 (8~10USD), you can ask the taxi drive to pick you up the next day to airport for the same amount. There are some good restaurants near the hostel, like La cocina de Doña Haydee. Free/fast Wifi, free water and good kitchen. Most of the people here stays for one night at either their beginning of journey or last day of the journey.

We offer a shuttle service to our guests as a private and safe alternative to the taxi service you described. It is absolutely true that cheaper transport can be found between the airport and the hostel if you are willing to step a bit outside of the airport onto the main street. Just be aware that this is not likely to be a private service and may not be as clean and safe as what we offer. Thanks for providing your comments!

Hostal Hamacas Granada

Granada, Nicaragua

Free/fast Wifi, close to center, friendly staff, clean bathroom, they also organize tours for the volcano and the lake. The only down side is the rooms are very hot.

Grande Hostel de Coimbra

Coimbra, Portugal

Pro: even though I stayed at the 12 person room, but there are plenty space to move around. Staff is friendly and helpful Con: Kind far from the train station Overall, great place for the money. I will stay again.

PILOT Design Hostel & Bar

Porto, Portugal

This is probably one of the top Hostel I have stayed. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms and showers are clean. There is a bar downstairs and plenty space to hangout My only complains are: 1) 1.5 euro for beer? Com’on! 2) No Wifi Signal on the the third floor 3) 8 ppl room is very tight I will stay again though

Hey! Thank you so much for your lovely review! We work hard every day so we can provide the best service for our guests and your review makes all our efforts worth it. We have a bar that has practices the best prices in town and its open 24h! Please contact us if you come back in Porto, we would love to have you with us another time!

Porto Downtown Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Pro: Close to the train station and many tourist spots. Staff is friendly, there is a convenience store right under the hostel and many pastry shops around for breakfast (if you don’t want their free breakfast) Con: It will get noisy at night because it is on the same street as the local bars. You have to leave the window open because it is hot which means you will hear every conversation going on. Room is small. Internet is fast, but if you are on the 3rd floor, you might not get any signals.

Lost Inn Lisbon

Lisbon, Portugal

Great hostel, it is about 5 mins walk to train station, Cais do Sodré. About 5 mins from the Commercial Park The rooms are clean and so are the restroom and shower. Every bed have their own wall plug which is awesome. Every bed have their own light and locker, super. Staff is very helpful with where to go and what train to take. Great place to stay.

Cons: no wifi, more expensive than other local hostels (60 vs 35). Floor is squeaky. Pros: Very clean facility, comfy bed (So much better than 35 a night ones), quiet. Right next to Andres's tour (750 per person). Hot shower. I would recommend you make your purchase of snacks/drinks next street, not in the square, because the stores in the square are more expensive.

Hotel MyStays Nippori

Tokyo, Japan

Pro: less than 2 mins of walk from Nippori station, fast LAN Internet connection in room, there are plenty small/cheap/good restaurants around. Don't eat the Chinese place though, it is expensive and horrible. Con: Wifi didn't work for me, it is in residential area, not too much of things to do around the neighborhood About 12 stops to Shinjuku station, 6 to Tokyo station

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

The hostel is outside of the city center. Just FYI - the Tram 2 station is underground of the central station. It took me a while wondering on the street before I asked someone to point me to the station. The hostel is located in a Jewish neighborhood which is cool. If you need to go to the city center, Tram 4 is right outside the hostel and about 3 stops you are in the center. This place is great if you just need a place to sleep, cost extra for bedsheets, it does have wifi and shower is good

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I know some people complains about no drinking/drugs/smoking rule in the hostel. Well, that's the reason I like it. I hate going to a place where people are partying in the room when you have a 6am train to catch. I prefer to have the party else where and come to a place where I can sleep. The location is perfect, 5 mins walk from Central Station, right next to Chinatown and Red Light district. Perfect. My only compliant is that they need a stair for the bunk bed.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

It is very close to the city center (5 mins of walk), great location. The room is tiny with small walkways, the shower is outside the bar. It is great to stay for one night, more than that, it would drive me nuts. They do have happy hour from 9~10 with $1 beer.

Luxembourg City Hostel

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

The place is a bit hard to find. If you take Bus 9, get off at Plateau Altmunster, walk back near the bridge, you will see 3 paths, one leads to the bridge, one towards the bottom of the bridge and one to the right bottom of the hill, take the path to the bottom of the hill and you will see it. I stayed here for one night, the room is clean and safe. My only issue is that there is no convenient stores around no wifi in the room, only in the lobby. Great place to stay in Luxembourg.

Sleep Well Youth Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

I stayed here for 4 nights. It is 5 mins walk from North Station, 10~15 mins from Grand Palace. The room is very clean, comfy bed, hot shower, free wifi in the room. It is a great place to base my travels from Brussels. It is kind annoying there is a lockout from 11 to 3, so if you get here early, you have to wait. But you can leave your luggage in the locker

Hello, thanks for writing, sorry for the lockout but we need it in order to clean the rooms ! Checking time is at 3pm but as you said, there is a secure luggage room so you can come whenever you want, leave your stuff and go to discover Brussels while we prepare the room. Regards, The Sleep Well Team

Almaty Backpackers

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Pro: Just opened in Mid may, all the mattress are still new, have all the amenities (WIFI, Hot Shower, Kitchen), there are banks, shops and restaurants around the place so you can just walk over. Con: It is very hard to find the place, since it is new, there aren't enough staff as of today, so no one cleaned up our room

AAE Bourbon House Hostel

New Orleans, USA

Hostal Victoria DF

Mexico City, Mexico

Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel

Amman, Jordan

Pro: Located near Downtown Amman, 5 mins walk to Roman Amphitheater, 20 mins Amman Citadel. The main strip is just a block away, you can find many shopping and food shops. The hostel drove me to the Airport on my departure date for 20JD Con: I email the hostel with my arrival info, they never replied and I emailed again, nothing. I showed up at airport & no one was there. The room is damped & cold. Hot shower is just drips of water. Some rooms are next to the call of prayer, VERY loud at 4:30am

Gringo's Rincon Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

Great place to stay in Scure. This is the only place I know in Boivia that have gas heated water which is a blessing. The Internet is super fast. The owner, Mike is awesome! The place is only few blocks away from the center of the plaza. Was going to stay 1 night, but decided to stay for 2 more nights. Highly recommended.

Residencial Latino

La Paz, Bolivia

The rooms is being cleaned everyday, they even waxed the floor when I was there. They use electric water heater, it is bit tricky to use. The room is super cold though, I asked for a portable heater and they didn't have one. The staff is friendly and resourceful for planning trips (although the guy works from 7~3pm is the best). The hostel is only few blocks away from the Cathedral. Good place to stay.

Hostel Glide

Yerevan, Armenia

Great place! one of the best I have been to! few blocks away from Metro so you can take Metro to downtown or other part of the town. The staff is SUPER awesome! They helped me planning my trip, recommend places and how to get there, very attentive. The place is huge with upstairs and downstairs, room is big and not crammed, so you can hang out anywhere, big bathroom. Just a GREAT place to stay, I truly enjoyed Armenia more because of their hospitably. Thank you Glide!